Patch 1.08 for Aus/NZ players

Aus/NZ General Discussion
I will admit, on the leadup to the patch release, I was having some absolute s**thouse lag. Usually up around the 2-3 second mark, most times totally unresponsive, especially when the enemy density went up. Now though it isn't too bad but it does lag up at times.

Alt key is really sodding me off though. Diablo 2 all over again...
Any feedback helps?

Well I haven't been able to launch Diablo 3 since the patch. Thanks very much.
Overall, I'm very happy with the patch.

like:
ID-all is intuitive.
AH item comparison (finally).
Act 1 monster density is spot-on.
Space for friend "notes".

dislike:
No buff icon or character screen change for Inspiring Presence.
Strength in Numbers buff is a wasted slot in icon bar.
Monster density in Act 2 is still sub-par.
OP

Thus far, happy with the patch, many significant improvements so thankyou to all Blizz staff who worked on this.

Also, I especially like:
Mass crafting option (Kains book),
Crafting without having to pick up brimmies etc from box.
Fields of Mysery and other mob buffs.

Dislikes:
ROTB and other pops dont go off first time, in some cases, I have had to hit the activation key up to five times for it to work.
Also, am getting way more blues and whites drop with monsters, would rather they dont drop at all, ie, legendaries and yellows only drop option.

Cheers
CC123
Like:
Teleport - finally as it should have been
Archon now multiplayer-friendly
Monster Density increases
Able to craft items from materials in stash

Latency is quite bad:
Lag spiked up to 2-3 seconds when encountering Elites. Sometimes it is completely unplayerable while the latency stays at 0ms or 247ms; even Leave Game takes more than 10 seconds. Server i was on xx.xxx.247.57, 245.151
Bad news first:

- Lag/latency has gotten worse.
- The delay in selecting a character is annoying
- AH bug should never have happened.

Good news:

- Love the change to Firebats skill
- Love the improvements to life regen. WD, DH and Wiz gets a good buff.
- Identify all is great
- xp for completing quests after reaching lvl 60 is a welcome change

Overall, please fix up the negative issues soon. Looking forward to itemisation patch.
i like this patch but now after u have fixed the gold expoit im getting a lot of lag now...
05/11/2013 04:21 PMPosted by whipped
im getting a lot of lag now

Yeah, our party group last night had to quit due to lots of lag. Something's amidst.

Hopefully they can fix this as well as bump the min gold purchase back to 10mil so the price per mil can drop.
Bad news first:

- Lag/latency has gotten worse.
- The delay in selecting a character is annoying
- AH bug should never have happened.

Good news:

- Love the change to Firebats skill
- Love the improvements to life regen. WD, DH and Wiz gets a good buff.
- Identify all is great
- xp for completing quests after reaching lvl 60 is a welcome change

Overall, please fix up the negative issues soon. Looking forward to itemisation patch.

+1
We just rolled out patch 1.08a which has some minor tweaks including improvements to some 'rubberbanding' that may occur when using movement based skills. We would be keen to hear you feedback so let us know.
I haven't had time to test this patch yet Arcagnion but i will give feedback in the coming days. Really hope Blizzard is committed to removing the rubberbanding issues and helping players with forced high latency have a fun game experience, I know people who have quit the game over the constant latency/lag issues. I hope Blizzard understand our frustration and attempt to permanently fix the problem and i can't see a fix better than local Oceanic servers if offline mode is out of the equation.

Thank you
Getting the usual 230-240ms pings for a Perth player consistently then the game stops responding.

A teammate lures a pack towards me so I run for a cave and try to enter it for 5 seconds, standing outside said cave for 5 seconds while I am slowly getting killed unable to enter. I am able to run around yet can't enter said cave.

Throughout the above events I am supposedly getting 230-240ms. Teammate is just standing there getting mauled too.

Last Blizzard game I'll be buying for sure. They clearly aren't a company that cares about their users experience.

3570k/GTX670/8GB RAM with 10/1mbps iiNet ADSL2+ with nothing else using the connection.
Beginning from a few patches back, when a new game has been started and the first monster encounter always suddenly becomes very slow, almost grinds to a halt even though the initial ping is 180-200ms. It is as if only then the game loads player's skill effects and the corresponding monster effects. Once every skill has been cast once and the resultant monster effects displayed, it returns to normal.

Recently, there have been more cases of the game stop responding all of a sudden. Sometimes in solo but more often in group play. During group play, more often it happens when we're out in the world fighting monsters. I'm not sure if this is essentially a disconnect - in my case, I had to 'End Task' it and re-login - mean while, other players in the group witnessing me taking damage but doing jack all. Latency bar was green at that time. Sometimes it is my turn being the witness. And they are players near me.
@ Arcagnion

Hi, in general I like the new features of 1.08, especially the book of Caine.

The game tags above the players is also great.

Rapid Fire for the DH is also a good step in the right direction, meaning it allows the DH to be more useful in uber runs, due to being able to dish out damage quicker, although killing speed is still not comparable to barbs or wiz's and monks.

The latency issue for me seems to have come back, similar to the 1.07 latency problems.
Gameplay is reasonably fast at the start, but as the game progresses I experience prolonged game freeze, ie. I can type in chat and move my hero about, but can not do any damage.
This can last from a couple of seconds to around 30 seconds and all along the latency bar is showing green.

I have not changed anything on my PC for the last 3 months, except for the regular Win 8 updates.

A few weeks after the 1.07 patch came out another maintenance patch was deployed which seemed to have fixed a lot of the latency problems. Not that they disappeared but the recovery time was a lot quicker.

Hopefully you can pass this on to your development team and may it provide some clue.

If you would like me to perform tests like pingpath etc. I can do that as well.

I am using TCP optimizer, have run Leatrix and have adjusted my mtu to suit the game after the 1.07 patch, but have not touched TCP optimizer for the 1.08 patch. Didn't think I need to, since alot of others in the forums are experiencing similar issues.
I quit.

Goodluck with Diablo III guys/girls, hopefully one day Blizzard actually sort out the issues and introduce an ANZ server.

Until then I won't be buying any of their online only games since a year after launch Diablo III is still periodically crippled by lag like rubberbanding issues.
Still getting bad lag spikes. Connection will be be at 250 ms than spike to over 1k when there are usually a lot of monsters.

Lag also almost 90% happen when you first start a game.
Arcagnion
Community Manager

We just rolled out patch 1.08a which has some minor tweaks including improvements to some 'rubberbanding' that may occur when using movement based skills. We would be keen to hear you feedback so let us know.

Rubber banding still happens occasionally, but what is worse is the lag pikes and when game just simply freezes for seconds on end and then get a disconnection from server.

Most frustrating when a legendary or key has just dropped, to be kicked of the server because teh game went troppo. Lucky for me the last time it happened I had a friend still in the game and I could retrieve my drops.
05/14/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Arcagnion
We just rolled out patch [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9710946/patch-108a-now-live-5-14-2013"]1.08a[/url] which has some minor tweaks including improvements to some 'rubberbanding' that may occur when using movement based skills. We would be keen to hear you feedback so let us know.

My feedback is i didn't get that much rubberbanding but i did get constant lagspikes, i would alt+tab out and quickly do a traceroute and a quarter of the hops would time out.

Very annoying...