^
^
^
^
^
^
you see? blues never read here haha
I think they do. At least sometimes^^
Either the post is not good enough or they don't like the fact that I'm upset with Wyatt Cheng for his non-info posts on reddit.
at least they should post something like " your thread is sh*T" so we would know right? :D
That would be... nice? :D
But I'll take any kind of bluepost in here^^
b
b for a good read
Updated a few things.
New mystery: Chaos Nexus.
Few details on Arcane Torrent/Mines and general channeling tooltip damage vs. real damage in the skill specifics section.
And I tried to use reflect damage for counting damage ticks of channeled spells, but it didn't really work as well as I hoped. Last paragraph in the "Damage Ticks in Channeled Spells" section.

I was hoping the Unsolved Mysteries section would get smaller over time, not bigger :-/

Any other suggestions on what to add/change?
have you added the weird bug of arcane torrent power stone??i suggest dont hehe
Hopefully you can get some bumps and awareness from my guide. I have this thread linked in the appendix section. Of course, that is, if you don't fall asleep by the time you get there, lol.

There was something I thought you could have added but I forget....i'll think about it.
05/30/2013 06:38 AMPosted by yems
have you added the weird bug of arcane torrent power stone??i suggest dont hehe

No, I didn't really get to test that. From what I read, my impression was that the 2% chance kind of applies to all your hits/ticks (not only AT ticks), as long as you are channeling AT. Does that sound about right?
Awesome thread.
Can you make a booklet and send it out to us???
great job Apo!
Holy text walls of text....the text is strong in this one.
Added a few tiny bits of info. Most interesting is probably the Mirror Mimics behaviour also discussed here: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9165487410

@yoda: If I ever lose my job, I'll make a printable version and sell it to you guys :P
very nice & comprehensive guide, thank you for that, sticky requested :)
05/30/2013 06:42 AMPosted by apo
No, I didn't really get to test that. From what I read, my impression was that the 2% chance kind of applies to all your hits/ticks (not only AT ticks), as long as you are channeling AT. Does that sound about right?

hmm seems like it, i used powerstone at some point specially on ubers so it would be kind of sad if it get's hotfixed tho :D

06/05/2013 02:21 PMPosted by apo
If I ever lose my job, I'll make a printable version and sell it to you guys :P

pls lose your job , just kidding XD
This is a really great post. Thanks for doing all the work to get it put together!

One thing that I have been wondering about, which I haven't seen specifically addressed here, is how:

+x second duration

works with Blizzard (and other similar DoT skills for that matter).

I know that the skill generally does 85% weapon damage per second, distributed over 4 ticks/second. Does adding, say +3 seconds to Blizzard's duration actually make a Blizzard do:

680% over 8 seconds, i.e. the same as the Unrelenting Storm Rune?

And if for some reason I were to stack +5 seconds of Blizzard duration, and use Unrelenting Storm, would my Blizzard then do:

(85%x13) = 1105% weapon damage over 13 seconds?

Having looked a bit closer at the mechanics, I am assuming that is how it would function, but there is nothing in the game to actually tell you that. When I first started playing, my gut reaction upon looking at those kind of skill bonuses was "Why would I want to spread that damage out further?" I guess it is just one more thing that is not explained very well in the game.
You are right, I should probably mention that.
And you are right with your assumptions.
As far as I know, Blizzard is simply defined as 85% dmg/s. And so your total damage is always 85% * duration, whatever that duration might be.
There's no difference between Unrelenting Storm and +3 sec duration from gear.

Will include that in the next update.
Impressive!!

The real question is how many will actually take the time to read this. I hope many do!!

Once again great job!