Clarification on Rapid Fire from a DH

Demon Hunter
I've been playing with a RF based build for 2 days now, here's how it goes:

We do more damage, yes.
However, due to the nature of the skill (big resource cost to first cast it), we are forced to stand still to make it optimal (otherwise we will run out of hatred almost immediately). This makes it very hard / not effective to kite. DHs will die more.

In a few words: We do, in fact, more damage with this buff. But we also die more.
I haven't played my DH for a very long time. Tried a few runs with her with the new RF. It's definitely better, but still suck.

And I think the new mob density screw DH even more. DH is the only class lack of serious AE to handle mobs density.
I haven't played my DH for a very long time. Tried a few runs with her with the new RF. It's definitely better, but still suck.

And I think the new mob density screw DH even more. DH is the only class lack of serious AE to handle mobs density.

Indeed, there is no place for ranged classes in Diablo 3.

Try to kite = immediately run in another pack.
05/11/2013 07:32 AMPosted by aqso
Try to kite = immediately run in another pack.

I think the new RF mean you SP or LS tanking like archon wiz or bears/bats WD. It actually works, just as I said, the best you can do is 40% pierce rune of RF if you wanna hits more than 2 targets, that's painfully slow.
i tried bombardment with bloodmoon and night bane
i already tried it
i didnt see the click where the hatred regen stayed
maybe i am missing something?
Rain of vengeance need a buff
Its one of the coolest skill but it suck right now
Check my build out for dh, its a group based build (relies on others simply getting health globes), can channel for over a min and aoe with bombardment. Can tank fairly well also.
The DH becomes more of a boring facetanker everr patch. Sad days.

I have been having a blast (pun intended) with Bola and Imminent Doom, taking out whole herds of baddies, hell I even run around and pull multiple groups just to add to it. (Only on MP3 though, MP7 on the other hand I don't pull extras...not intentionally at least.)

Channeling skills on a run-n-gun class like the DH is simply stupid.
I just think the initial cost is BS. We were already rigid enough with the spiketrap/bolashot build. Now anything that knocks back or forces us to move depletes our hatred rather fast. Even with that, the skill is still very fun to use, but i wish it allowed for more stutter-stepping like spiketraps did. I wouldn't mind increasing the channeling cost a bit to get rid of that pointless initial cost. Nevertheless, it seems to be alright using 1h weps with a bat, but that initial cost is extremely annoying.

Many won't even notice because they already have 300k+ dps and 1shot everything, but not all of us can afford that luxury.

I don't have any survivability issues, though. People even thank me sometimes for using guardian turrets lol.

Ranged gameplay was gimped the moment they introduced humongous healthpools, though. This isn't a DH-only problem. Kiting has become a huge edps loss for everyone, so it's just more effective to just stack defensive stats and sit in the middle of everything soaking damage till everything drops dead.
05/11/2013 07:58 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
Ranged gameplay was gimped the moment they introduced humongous healthpools, though. This isn't a DH-only problem. Kiting has become a huge edps loss for everyone, so it's just more effective to just stack defensive stats and sit in the middle of everything soaking damage till everything drops dead.

Sums it pretty much.
You need higher ehp for using rapid fire on high mp level. I think at least 400k ehp without dodge.
Rain of vengeance need a buff
Its one of the coolest skill but it suck right now

I would like to see a reduction in its cooldown, but it Doesn't suck.
the two useful ones r flying strike and beastly bombs

with increased in mob density, beastly bomb does an amazing job for my edps. it's almost like drop spike trap, EB from the sky. does tons of dmg and many ppl overlook such an amazing skill

as for RF, it still sucks.no mobility and lack of aoe. idk y ppl r trying to make it work.. no offense :)