Rubber banding STILL very present.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 16 Next
05/18/2013 06:43 AMPosted by Ensky01
It does not get acknowledged because you pussies complain about every single thing that pose a threat to your easy gaming, suck it up.

It's called feedback. The purpose of which is to improve the game and gaming experience.
This is by far the #1 reason I die. maybe once every 5 runs I'll die from stuff blowing up on me or getting zerged down or whatever, but I die like once every run from rubberbanding. By the time you realize it's happening it's generally too late.

So incredibly annoying.
bump it up so blue post give some info because its getting very very frustrating
I didn't have an issue until they fixed it although I just switched to WW build and it does seem related to using WW.
It's not like its just just still present and lingering around, no, its worse than ever. It's as if they BUFFED rubber banding...
I have lost two level 60 hardcore characters to rubberbanding issues in areas i have been totally comfortable farming in this patch. One in 1.0.8 and another in 1.0.8a. The reason for both losses has been rubberbanding in desecration, both times I've had to sit there and watch my characters health drop no matter how hard I tried to move them out of a small circle of fire on the ground...
same me and my wife's barb both rubberband :/ i dont play as much because of it actually
Just wanted to add my experience...

I hadn't played for a while, so I log in, get the new patch that says it mitigated the rubber-banding...and what happens? I die to the first pack I see because of whacked up rubber banding.

I try to move/attack and it keeps bouncing me back a few seconds. It happens A LOT...ridiculous for a company like Blizzard to have so many development problems.
It's horrible for me now.... before patch i would lag for a solid minute or two... then I'd be good.... only occasional problems, but usually I'd survive, now i lag on and off horrendously, got me killed 6 times yesterday, in maybe a 25 minute period, so i said "nm I'm done".
Have not rubber banded for weeks. I don't think there was ever a problem really.
Did someone really report the original post? FOR WHAT?
Mp 7 tempest runs, I felt like a Goku just teleporting back and forth. It was fun, intill trying to kite a elite with molten. Went flying back into the pool, good times. Happens every day since the patch came out, my latency is 155 on diablo. Every other game 10-90 depending on where the game servers are located. But isn't the servers here located in the US? Getting better ping playing korean server games tisk tisk . :L
Yep its game breaking in a very bad way.
Rubberbanding (especially as it relates to movement-based abilities like Whirlwind, Strafe, and Tempest Rush) is an issue that may not always come with a quick-fix. The source of the problem is not always easy to identify, and sometimes it may not always be the same thing for every player. As a result, there will be times where we implement potential fixes which we know will work for some players, but don't know if it'll work for all plays. In other cases, we'll make improvements -- i.e. changes that probably won't stop rubberbanding from happening completely, but should at least help reduce the frequency with which rubberbanding occurs. This was the case for 1.0.8a and with previous hotfixes we've made throughout the year. Again, we know these fixes may not resolve the issue for every player, but they should help reduce the occurrences of rubberbanding, and lessen the effects should rubberbanding occur for most players.

Now the important thing is that we're still working on these issues -- just because we implemented some changes that we hope will make the situation better doesn't mean we've called it day. So, if you're still experiencing rubberbanding, here are a few things you can do.

First, you can try performing the following troubleshooting steps to ensure that external causes are not adding to this issue (this isn't required, but recommended):

If those steps don't help -- or if you've chosen to skip them -- please let us know so we can continue looking into this issue by posting in the Bug Report forum (and be sure to check out this guide on reporting: That's really the best location for those types of reports, as it'll allow our QA representatives to document them and forward them on to our development team for additional review.

(We want your experience in the Diablo III to be as fun as possible, so working on these issues is important to us. That also means we're extremely grateful for any reports receive that can help us troubleshoot -- so thank you to everyone who's already posted!)
My rubber banding actually got worse after the supposed fix.
05/20/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Kopav
My rubber banding actually got worse after the supposed fix.

Then definitely submit a report in the Bug Report forum (if you haven't already). Include a video if you can, or describe when the rubberbanding is happening to the best of the your abilities. That kind of information will help us troubleshoot better.
Do youblizz guys ever consider that the vast majority didnt turn on a pc for the first time yesterday?
That we play other games, have well established networks that we ,surprise surprise, didnt build just so we could play D3?
How painful it is for us to have a year old network issue with your game and to get canned answers?

It's just a suggestion to make sure that external factors aren't influencing the situation (because sometimes they do). In the end, you can try out those steps to see if they help or not; that's totally up to you. :)

Like I noted, though, if you're still experiencing rubberbanding, best thing to do is drop a post in the Bug Report forum. That will make sure the information gets to where it needs to go so that the issue can be looked into further.
My WW build was getting it more from the patch also? I now use a melds build to better control my character..
Dear Blizzard,

Your users are not your QA team. Rubber-banding has been a problem since the game was released, and it's your responsibility to determine the root cause and then fix it. Stop asking players to send in videos and submit bug reports, you have people on your payroll that are supposed to be doing that. Players don't want to pitch in, we want a resolution.

That is all.