Leading Mobs into town has to STOP!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 14 Next
...it still works.

Yes it does, I just tried and managed to lure 6 monsters into New Tristram. Rumford and Leah kind of had had a hissy fit, but hissy fits can only do so much.
06/08/2013 06:10 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
There's a reasonable expectation of safety in town.
Apparently there isn't.

Yes there is. If you read this patch note a year ago, you'd expect safety in town.

June 19, 2012 1.03 patch notes

To prevent monsters from being unintentionally kited into town from other areas of the game, portals have been placed at both ends of the bridge from New Tristram to The Weeping Hollow. Towns have always been intended to be a safe haven from combat, and this change will help keep the denizens of New Tristram safe from the dangers that lurk beyond its walls.
To prevent monsters from being unintentionally kited into town from other areas of the game, portals have been placed at both ends of the bridge from New Tristram to The Weeping Hollow. Towns have always been intended to be a safe haven from combat, and this change will help keep the denizens of New Tristram safe from the dangers that lurk beyond its walls
...help ...

Oh, so you mean Blizz is intentionally dragging it out, to plug the rest of the holes later. The first patch, a year ago was just 'help'? Disingenuous, if not outright stupid.

The patch notes usually are, at least that one in particular, meant to be read like a story, and as such the 'help' part is not technical, it's anecdotal.

"Towns have always been intended to be a safe haven from combat"
I just find it funny when HC players Cry about death TBH. Don't get me wrong I play HC sometimes and I like it, but if I die so be it. I know the Risks. I'm also not dumb enough to Play HC in Pub's anyway.
06/08/2013 03:25 PMPosted by CodSack
So I was playing HC earlier and I had to go AFK for a couple minutes. When I returned I found my Paragon 98 dead in town! I was like WTH? I saw in the chat window where another guy said he almost died as well. I asked what had happened as I didn't see anything. He said there were mobs in town. I asked how is that even possible? your suppose to be safe in town! He said come on I'll show you. We went to softcore and he showed me how to lead mobs into town on act 1. I honestly didn't think they could come past the gate. That being said, someone lead the mobs into town just to be mean and try to kill other members HC characters. There has to be a way to find out which member of the party did this with a little investigating. This members account should be banned! I had 450 hours into this HC character and to die like that just sickens me! Surely Blizzard can do something on my behalf. If they know this is an issue, why hasn't it been addressed? PLEASE HELP!!!!

u deserved it for AFKing
06/08/2013 06:25 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
I just find it funny when HC players Cry about death TBH.

They aren't crying about death's as much as they are crying about Blizz being unable to uphold their end of the bargain.
The go play another game. It's not the end of the world.
06/08/2013 06:28 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
The go play another game. It's not the end of the world.

The go troll another thread. It's not the end of the world.
06/08/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Hamedo
This was caused by a bug that the player was unaware of.
Did you post it in the Bug forum?
Please keep to hardcore forum.
06/08/2013 06:26 PMPosted by ckhoo888
u deserved it for AFKing

This type of PK has nothing to do with AFKing! Watch any of this guy's recent videos and you will see that;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZYC7JoLLXM

When a player is loading up a new game there is a second or two of active gameplay before the loading splash screen disappears. These players are being killed before they even have the chance to do anything!

It's not even the type of PKing that targets 'noobs' for playing carelessly, this is a cheap tactic which kills them when they should otherwise be invulnerable to attack (in town AND in load screen).

So please people, stop with your 'Don't AFK' comments...
06/08/2013 06:30 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
This was caused by a bug that the player was unaware of.
Did you post it in the Bug forum?

It's not my job to QA this game. But apparently it's your job to troll this forum? You lost the argument, you can stop posting now.
06/08/2013 06:33 PMPosted by DamienJohn
It's not even the type of PKing that targets 'noobs' for playing carelessly
Oh, but it is. Playing HC in public games and then going AFK weather in town or not are both careless actions. Why you ask? Well, cause he's dead isn't he.
This guy has been permabanned for doing normal PKing so Blizzard DOES in fact care. He is now using cheap tactics that require no skill in mitigating or tricking players because he knows he will just be banned again.

He is literally killing hundreds of players that have no chance of avoiding it. Hardcore players shouldn't have to worry about joining public games! Clicking someones banner? Yes, rookie error. Waypointing to a hostile zone? Yes, rookie error to a lesser degree.

Starting a game and getting killed before the environment is even displayed? NO.
Just an example of more bad game design for a diablo game.
06/08/2013 06:36 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
It's not even the type of PKing that targets 'noobs' for playing carelessly
Oh, but it is. Playing HC in public games and then going AFK weather in town or not are both careless actions. Why you ask? Well, cause he's dead isn't he.

Did you read? The player is not AFKing.. -_- they are getting hit before the game has fully loaded up. Watch a video.
06/08/2013 06:38 PMPosted by DamienJohn
Did you read? The player is not AFKing.. -_- they are getting hit before the game has fully loaded up. Watch a video.
Yes I did read. The OP was AFK. The other guys, are playing in public games, so they obviously don't care that much about the lives of their characters. When you play HC you are already rolling the dice on death as it is. One lag spike and Poof. So why would you further gimp yourself by playing in a Pub where there is a very real possibility that the people, whom you don't know can train mobs on you for kicks?
06/08/2013 06:38 PMPosted by ChronicNugZ

I agree with this 100%
06/08/2013 06:42 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
Yes I did read. The OP was AFK. The other guys, are playing in public games, so they obviously don't care that much about the lives of their characters. When you play HC you are already rolling the dice on death as it is. One lag spike and Poof. So why would you further gimp yourself by playing in a Pub where there is a very real possibility that the people, whom you don't know can train mobs on you for kicks?

I agree with this 100%

Wow. First of all, Blizzard has stated that towns are intended as a safe zone from combat but that's besides the point. Now read carefully friend;

The players are killed on the splash screen load. This is an exploit. Hardcore player's shouldn't have to fear joining public games due to a death that can occur due to an outright exploit. And an an exploit that affects them before the game is even loaded at that.

Even the most diligent hardcore players didn't have to worry about this (until now). This needs an obvious fix by creating a transition point at the entrance of town and mark my words it will happen. Once again try to understand this;

Clicking someones banner? Yes, rookie error.
Waypointing to a hostile zone? Yes, rookie error.
Starting a game and getting killed before the environment is even displayed? NO, exploit.