S&B Gearing Guide

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
Looks like its time for me to do some ah shopping.
I have a shield for u
I was seriously thinking about switching, but I'm not gonna conform with kan and tomcruise.

And good job with the guide Professor.
Infact I bought 2 shields to give away... Let me know if u need one .
I have a 6% cc storm shield, nice block on it, someone can have if they want to start s/b

33% block
6% crit
77 all res
189 str
1198 armor
My buddy Shaman wants to switch to S&B now too! Good times!
06/06/2013 08:44 AMPosted by xxxkan
Looks like its time for me to do some ah shopping.

WE CAN BE SHIELD BUDDIES
anybody else got some questions about the build?

I know there has been lots of interest in forums and in game about it. Keep the awesome questions coming !

So far the reaction i've been getting is fantastic, people are amazed at how easy the build is to play and how much fun it is to tank everything ;)
I was seriously thinking about switching, but I'm not gonna conform with kan and tomcruise.

Silverfire,

Oh you know you want to man!

I love it, dw is fun to, but I will always like Shield Barbs better, its pretty much a trademark of mine and is my identify, so I roll with it like a champion. That reminds me I need to sell my EF on the RMAH.

Also the reveneger build is very effective, I used to use it exclusively back in the day and can deal some monster dps for farming since you can you mauraders rages rune for battle rage.

Make the switch silverfire ;) We can dance on the graves of those who deny the Shield!

Serious, its pretty sweet.
I'M SORRY BUT I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME MY SHIELD IS
06/06/2013 07:25 AMPosted by Professor
You can do plenty of damage , I'm at 664k full buff damage. And a tdps of 2.6-2.7million. That's enough to kill pretty fast and have high ehp too

i am at 540 k fully buffed with brawler, got over 700 ar and 67 k life however i got butt!@#$ed real hard with this ammount of dps when fighting reflective mobs eventhough i use ik belt, this is really weird.
Great write up on SnB.

I have never been a fan of the WW Barb, mainly because it seems like everyone is using it. And to be honest, I suck at it. lol

I prefer the traditional tank more. Right now I am running a Rend/HotA build and can farm up to MP7 or 8 without issues, but I'm wanting to more up to MP10.

Now I just need to find some items to sell (only have 76M now) so I can switch over to SnB.
Great guide. I have been running no lifesteal at all. Rend alone keeps my HP at max with the new monster density changes while farming MP10. This allows me to use Brawler instead of Bloodlust. The only time I have run into trouble is when three arcanes pop under me and I am cornered. The trade off of running with the 100k extra DPS from Brawler vs occasionly having a chance of dying is better.

Anyways, love to see the SNB lifestyle alive and well.
Great Guide!
I would like to have a set around so I can alternate.

Like another poster said, I get lost when upgrading my gear and some time make the wrong pricey choice.

Mind helping me with what gear i should change? :)
Great Guide!
I would like to have a set around so I can alternate.

Like another poster said, I get lost when upgrading my gear and some time make the wrong pricey choice.

Mind helping me with what gear i should change? :)

whats your budget ?

your gear is rdy to go except the unity which is would trade off for a trifecta rng with at least 40 cd 4 cc and 8 ias, then either str or avg (best = avg dmg + os)

stormshield is a nobrainer or a shield like mine

try the ef on main hand and if you dont like it get a sword with ias, cd and over 125x dps

you may need some extra ar after those swaps, replace leggs with ar, 2 os high vit 150 str ones then

and offc later on look for a new neck :)
Professor, great guide...you have converted me

i have a few questions about my set-up though...

1. can I keep the axe and soc a ruby into or should I go swd?
2. what piece of equip should i aim to upgrade first (i know i need to get upgrades on most to get to top tier but just looking for the 1st piece to start with?

i have an IK that I can put back on to get the extra resist again. i will have to get s sheild but i'm assuming those are pretty cheap right?
nice guide
Professor, great guide...you have converted me

i have a few questions about my set-up though...

1. can I keep the axe and soc a ruby into or should I go swd?
2. what piece of equip should i aim to upgrade first (i know i need to get upgrades on most to get to top tier but just looking for the 1st piece to start with?

i have an IK that I can put back on to get the extra resist again. i will have to get s sheild but i'm assuming those are pretty cheap right?

1, the dps of the axe is to low to put a ruby in it, you lose about 30 - 35 k over a 123x sword with 5 ias and 50 + cd + os with ruby compared to your axe
2. your left ring lacks cd and you would need to swap back to the ik chest bec you lack ar.

shields are cheap
thanks Al,

I'll look into the swd and I think I have a ring with CD and CC with some str (was using this for the WW build).

what aps should I be aiming for with this build? i want to use bash, rend, hota, BR, OP and sprint.

great posts..can't wait to try this out.