Is Blood Ritual Broken?

Witch Doctor
Was the point of Blood Ritual to make you think twice about using it because it would actually hurt you?

But with the 2% Life Regeneration and without any additional Life Regeneration on gear, Blood Ritual essentially just reduces your mana cost by 15% without any loss of life.

Is this intentional?

Doesn't really "feel" like a blood ritual if there is no blood being lost.

Thoughts?
yea they should make it 15% reduction for mana, and -150% health off mana cost, so you bleed so much you can use a tam-pon to stop it.
06/13/2013 08:17 AMPosted by pBeybq
yea they should make it 15% reduction for mana, and -150% health off mana cost, so you bleed so much you can use a tam-pon to stop it.

Yes, once BR has been activated you spew blood from multiple orifices.. Your only hope is going to be finding the Legendary Tampax of the Cloth!
I'm not touching this thread with a 10 foot pole
06/13/2013 09:35 AMPosted by fabbyhunter
I'm not touching this thread with a 10 foot pole

Touching.... Threads... Pole... You kinda already did..
Was the point of Blood Ritual to make you think twice about using it because it would actually hurt you?

But with the 2% Life Regeneration and without any additional Life Regeneration on gear, Blood Ritual essentially just reduces your mana cost by 15% without any loss of life.

Is this intentional?

Thoughts?

Yes, it's not supposed to kill you, or to be a health lose. It's our life per second skill, and it also gives a bit of help with mana.

Is this intentional?

Thoughts?

I think it only did real damage back when your life pool was super tiny (in normal/nightmare)
Even when leveling, I don't remember the life loss of BR being a big deal.