Bnet and console D3...

Console Discussion
So, since it is clear that our PC characters will not transfer to console, how are accounts being generated?

Is there going to be a different Bnet designed around console players or are the logins going to be linked to our console accounts IE: PSN or XboxLive
probably generated and stored on the console since it has "ofline mode"
06/11/2013 01:16 PMPosted by eNostradamus
Is there going to be a different Bnet designed around console players or are the logins going to be linked to our console accounts IE: PSN or XboxLive

There aren't any current plans to have Battle.net integrate with console characters. Instead, you'll be using the native platform. So, any online services you'd want to take advantage of while playing on the PS3 or Xbox 360 (i.e. online matchmaking, friends lists, achievements, voice chat, etc) would be managed by the platform's respective network -- in this case, PlayStation Network or Xbox Live.
06/11/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Jeetkundo

For characters on console (just as an FYI), players will be able to load their characters to a USB and bring them along to play on a friend’s console. You'll also be able to access cloud saves to load up your characters.
06/11/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Lylirra

For characters on console (just as an FYI), players will be able to load their characters to a USB and bring them along to play on a friend’s console. You'll also be able to access cloud saves to load up your characters.

It sounds like there will be plenty of hex editing going on. No harm until PvP comes along I suppose.
06/11/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Lylirra

How does this work with playing on hardcore? Can I save my character on a USB before each playsession and then reload him if I happen to die?
One would hope they would encrypt the save file moved to USB storage and it would have some identifier to compare between the console storage and the USB storage. Then it could say "This character has died on HC and cannot be loaded" or something like that when you try to restore it. There are many ways this could easily be done.

Of course, if you were wanting to get really technical, there are probably going to be ways to restore it by 'cheating' but who gives a crap if anyone wants to do that, it won't affect anyone else but themselves.
I'm sure there will be plenty of safeguards put into place to prevent people from hacking characters on thumb drives....and I'm sure they will all be circumvented at some point.
06/13/2013 06:13 AMPosted by Cavar
I'm sure there will be plenty of safeguards put into place to prevent people from hacking characters on thumb drives....and I'm sure they will all be circumvented at some point.

5 seconds after putting the game in . . .
I came looking to ask the question " will my pc characters transfer to ps3?" Granted i only have 1 lvl 60 character, I don't see the point in buying to start over just on my console. To each his own.
How does this work with playing on hardcore? Can I save my character on a USB before each playsession and then reload him if I happen to die?

This can be done, but it should be noted that all of the heroes are stored together with the profile, so all of your characters on the console would be overwritten with the USB version.
you guys should take Final Fantasy 14 thing where pc and ps3 players play together, and do it.
07/08/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Daaammmnn
you guys should take Final Fantasy 14 thing where pc and ps3 players play together, and do it.

Maybe if the game was released for both at the same time..

If they were to implement that now, PC players would have a huge advantage over console.

And the console players won't have an Auction House
07/08/2013 06:22 PMPosted by RogueMX

Maybe if the game was released for both at the same time..

If they were to implement that now, PC players would have a huge advantage over console.

And the console players won't have an Auction House

implement ladder, everyone starts the same.
implement ladder non ladder, self found servers.
boom
So also what you are saying is that my bud comes over with his fresh 60 and I say here is all my gear. and then reload from the USB. how would you stop the massive duping that will be going on? basically it makes everything worthless.

I hope that I'm reading this wrong.
07/08/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Ferka
what you are saying is that my bud comes over with his fresh 60 and I say here is all my gear. and then reload from the USB. how would you stop the massive duping that will be going on? basically it makes everything worthless.

Yes the console is going to be full of dupes and there is nothing that can or will be done because the data isnt stored on bnet its stored on your console.
what does ppl stop from making sites where u can dl perfect items and then put it on your usb.......??!?!?

sounds more and more broken each day
07/08/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Grimiku

This can be done, but it should be noted that all of the heroes are stored together with the profile, so all of your characters on the console would be overwritten with the USB version.

Uh, so what stops you from saving your char on a usb, giving away all your stuff, and then reloading your account?
This gonna be like borderlands, mass dupes everywhere. I love it +1 console