Diablo 3 Console FAQ

Console Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 19 Next
07/07/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Androide
Will the PS3 Version work on the PS4 console ?

No. Sony has confirmed that the PS4 is not backwards compatible with PS3 discs. If you want to play Diablo 3 on PS4 you will need to buy that version.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377149389#2

As for whether or not we can access our Playstation Online D3 profile via our PS4 (play our existing accounts on the PS4), that is yet to be confirmed.
07/03/2013 09:44 AMPosted by Poloxamer
or did you mean on the same copy of the game?

I meant the same copy. We only own a single PS3. Why would we buy 2 copies of the same game?

My bad thought you might have 2 consoles.

The preorder items should be like the D3 CE items and be on every character you make on the account that you add them too. The issue being you have to link them to an xbox live or PSN account. SO if you and your wife use separate accounts then no you won't both get it. But if you both play on the 1 account you will.
My biggest question about the console (which will quite possibly determine whether I or anyone else will actually buy the game) is this:

If I go ahead and purchase the game on PS3 and then turn around and buy a PS4 mere months later, will the PS4 have some kind of digital copy of the game that I can download and play? I know the PS4 doesn't support the PS3 discs, but will it provide backwards compatibility in the form of digital downloads? I just can't see spending $60 on a PS3 version of the game and then having to spend another $60 for a PS4 version literally just weeks later. Something about that just doesn't feel right.
I thought I would move this here?

Title: Console questions?

Hello Everyone

Just to fill everyone one in on where and y I am asking these questions I was told the following information while trying to find out if pre ordering the PS4 is viable.

Diablo 3 is being released on the PS3 on the 3rd Sep 2013 while the PS4 is not being release until around Nov 2013 and still no date on the release of the PS4 version of Diablo 3. The PS4 is now going to be pay to play online over the PSNetwork, has no backwards compatibility, and PS3 games maybe available to purchase on the PSN on your PS4. Now I have the following questions

1. If I purchase Diablo 3 for the PS3 will this also entitle me to a downloadable copy for use on my PS4? If not is it even going to be available on the PS4 and how much will it be
2. Will single player chars be selectable for use in a multiplayer game or are these chars separated? If so which chars are we able to use for split screen play the single player chars or multiplayer chars?
3. When I want to play a multiplayer game with my friends is this a peer to peer connection or is it though the PSN?
4. Will I be required to pay per month to play Diablo 3 multiplayer if it uses the PSN?
5. Is there going to be noticeable changes in the PS4 version of the game or will this only be maybe a few graphics and/or sound changes?
6. When will the PS4 version be released?
7. Will there be achievements for the console version of the game on the PS3
8. If I start a multiplayer game and this is going to be using PSN dose this mean it will always maintain a connection to the PSN? If so what type of ping or lag would I receive in East Coast AUS

Cheers NeK
06/14/2013 01:19 AMPosted by Narull
Q: What are the Hard drive requirements for PS3 and / or Xbox 360?

Answer: You'll need 5mb of hard drive space to save your characters on the Xbox version, and 12mb on the PS3. The PS3 requires a bit more space due to the Trophy Pack file that needs to be included.

Q: Will options like in the PC version be on console?(turning on damage numbers etc)

I answered this question in this thread, but I'll quote that answer here, too.

07/10/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Grimiku
We kept a lot of the options in the console version of Diablo III that you currently have, including damage numbers, advanced tooltips, health bars, and elective mode.

Q: What happens to a Hardcore character if I save it to a USB then it dies on my console? Can I just reload it and bring it back to life?

You can find this answer right here, and I'll quote it so you don't have to follow the link of course.

07/08/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Grimiku
This can be done, but it should be noted that all of the heroes are stored together with the profile, so all of your characters on the console would be overwritten with the USB version.

Q: How exactly does the controls work. For someone like a DH how do you control the range of stuff like spike traps or RF bombardment?

I answered this question about a month ago, but it doesn't hurt to say it again.

06/11/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Grimiku
This was something I was, personally, very curious about, and genuinely surprised when I discovered how easy precise skill execution is with the controller. A lot of the skills in the console version were specially tuned for controller support, and skills will automatically center on whatever monster you have targeted, or fire off in the direction your hero is facing if you don’t have a monster targeted. On that note, you can hold L2 (PS3) or Left Trigger (Xbox 360) to lock on to your target for those situations that you want to be able to freely maneuver while keeping your eye on the enemy.
07/15/2013 01:31 PMPosted by Grimiku
Q: What are the Hard drive requirements for PS3 and / or Xbox 360?

Answer: You'll need 5mb of hard drive space to save your characters on the Xbox version, and 12mb on the PS3. The PS3 requires a bit more space due to the Trophy Pack file that needs to be included.

I'm sorry, but is it 5mb per character?

And yes, I do have an old xbox and might or not buy a new HD if its 5mb/char
Earlier asked by myself on another page, but thought the chance of getting a useful answer were quite bigger here:
I'm a little confused, is "The Hero’s Journey","Drake's Amulet","Leoric's Gauntlets","Crimson Angelic Wings" and "Leah's Ring" available for everyone, or only those of us who have pre-purchased the game for ps3?
And, how do you know who have pre-purchased the game?

Zathe
Can we confirm, that after the release of the console version, that we will have more than 3 dev's working on the PC version again?

Add some of the features that it was supposed to ship with?
07/15/2013 05:28 PMPosted by Nalianna
Can we confirm, that after the release of the console version, that we will have more than 3 dev's working on the PC version again?

Both devs have different teams and there is minimal crossover. PC team is hard at work developing Loot 2.0 and (purportedly) the expansion.
I'm a little confused, is "The Hero’s Journey","Drake's Amulet","Leoric's Gauntlets","Crimson Angelic Wings" and "Leah's Ring" available for everyone, or only those of us who have pre-purchased the game for ps3?
And, how do you know who have pre-purchased the game?

All of the items you have listed are Console exclusive bonuses and not pre-order items. So yes they will be available to everyone with the PS3 version regardless of if they pre-ordered or not.

The bonus items for pre-ordering are as follows;

-"Infernal Helm"
-"Angelic Wings"
-"Bottled Cloud Dye"
-"Bottled Smoke Dye"

They will be redeemable with a key that comes packaged with pre-ordered copies. This key can be used in-game and requires an internet connection as per the description on the official console page;

Pre-Ordering Diablo III guarantees that your game copy will include a key for the Infernal Helm on launch day. The Infernal Helm key requires an internet connection to be redeemed, and cannot be transferred cross-platform.
07/15/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Mattmage

Answer: You'll need 5mb of hard drive space to save your characters[/u] on the Xbox version, and 12mb on the PS3. The PS3 requires a bit more space due to the Trophy Pack file that needs to be included.

I'm sorry, but is it 5mb per character?

This will be 5mb for your profile (all characters).
Many thanks Grimiku, clearly I'm slacking on my blue tracking not seeing some answers.

Console version needs to hurry up already.

Q: How do I make the console version come out quicker. ;)
1.Will Blizzard or Sony announce any information on the PS4 version(most importantly about preorder bonuses/release date/in-game bonuses) before the release of the PS3 version? I would rather get it on the PS4 if its all the same bonuses but don't want to miss out on them if it is only for the PS3 version. I won't preorder the PS3 version thinking that the PS4 version will have the same bonuses but will be pretty upset if the PS4 version doesn't have the bonuses and I didn't go ahead and preorder the PS3 version.

2.Can't remember if I saw this anywhere but PS3 and PS4 players will be able to play together in online and LAN games right?
>12MB for PS3
So there aren't any mandatory installs? Good to know.
Optional install would be nice, on the other hand. How much space would it take up on the HDD?
is Diablo3 going to be released on the XBOX One?
07/19/2013 08:19 AMPosted by WyattRahl
is Diablo3 going to be released on the XBOX One?

Not as far as we know. No announcements have been made.
1.Will Blizzard or Sony announce any information on the PS4 version(most importantly about preorder bonuses/release date/in-game bonuses) before the release of the PS3 version? I would rather get it on the PS4 if its all the same bonuses but don't want to miss out on them if it is only for the PS3 version. I won't preorder the PS3 version thinking that the PS4 version will have the same bonuses but will be pretty upset if the PS4 version doesn't have the bonuses and I didn't go ahead and preorder the PS3 version.

2.Can't remember if I saw this anywhere but PS3 and PS4 players will be able to play together in online and LAN games right?

Sony and Blizz will release information as soon as they can, the issue is they don't even have a release date for the PS4 version as yet and not many places release preorder bonus's before having a release date. I would just preorder the PS3 version if I was you and IF we get info you can easily cancel your preorder and get a refund(check with who you preorder with of course)

PS3/PS4 lan play/cross play of any form is up to Sony and they haven't said anything yet. Again not something Blizz can answer.
Hey b.net you should make the consol version as crappy as the PC version make it where you can not play without internet (WORST IDEA EVER!) Diablo used to be cool because you did not HAVE to have net to play and you used to be able to play it when wow was down.
Q: Will I be able to buy D3 for PS3/PS4 from the Playstation Network Store as a Digital Download? What would be the data size for the hard drive space needed to accomplish this? Also, If we are able to purchase D3 from the Playstation Network store, will Playstation Plus Members get a discount on the game?

I currently own a PS3 and have a PS4 on preorder and am a PS+ member.
Q: Will I be able to buy D3 for PS3/PS4 from the Playstation Network Store as a Digital Download? What would be the data size for the hard drive space needed to accomplish this? Also, If we are able to purchase D3 from the Playstation Network store, will Playstation Plus Members get a discount on the game?

I currently own a PS3 and have a PS4 on preorder and am a PS+ member.

Added! I've found a couple of people asking this one!