The Stone Cold Hunter! w/ vids and tutorial!

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
DiEoxidE was kind enough to loan me an HA SoJ so I could take this build for a spin. Needless to say, the build had great flow, felt powerful, and was just plain fun. DiEoxidE is a wizard... err, a Grandmaster Hunter at creating awesome builds. ;)

Thanks. Appreciate the support! :D

Yeah for the Sever idea, I'll pop into TS and talk with you about it maybe tonight, I have some other build ideas I want to run by you.

Awesome. Looking forward to it!
hailstorm

Also nice build.
The Cold Dentist. >_<

Nah.. It's just because of the Spray of Teeth.

You can name it.. Freezing Pewpew. :))
06/18/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Chrizzle
Freezing Pewpew. :))

no one freezes me
Frostspike?

Interesting build. I think i can try with my cold damage spike SOJ. Just wondering if shatter shot can be used instead of SoT
why dont you use bola shot for more damage
06/18/2013 08:57 PMPosted by GodIike

build needs constant damage in order to snare the baddies. every snared mob get additional 15% damage from other skills ; turret / RoV / Spikes

moreover, more consistent hits from hungering slows them down = better control
06/18/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Impreza

build needs constant damage in order to snare the baddies. every snared mob get additional 15% damage from other skills ; turret / RoV / Spikes

moreover, more consistent hits from hungering slows them down = better control

This exactly. SoT also scales much better for a typical range geared DH than bola shot, thus yielding better results in general, like Impreza stated.

The Cold Dentist. >_<

Nah.. It's just because of the Spray of Teeth.

You can name it.. Freezing Pewpew. :))

I'll admit i chuckled at the first name, haha :D

Frostspike?

Interesting build. I think i can try with my cold damage spike SOJ. Just wondering if shatter shot can be used instead of SoT

Frostspike's not bad. Kinda makes me want to say "Frostbyte" instead, lol.

BlackVenom and I were actually testing out different HA runes with this a few nights ago, including shatter shot. I was actually really impressed at how well shatter shot works against E's, (3 arrows hitting all 3 e's). Sometimes the when the main arrow pierces, it'll hit the the second E in the pack along with the arrow that pierced, yielding some great results. Regardless, the fact that it's limited to the pierce chance as well as the 2 outside arrows not being able to pierce again is a bit overshadowed by the amazing scaling of SoT. SoT will hit more targets way more often, and severely trumps Shatter Shot for single target damage, as shatter shot is the worst single target rune of the HA's.

Not saying it's bad, especially for those with lower CC. In fact, I personally believe shatter shot is the best rune to use if you're using a Sentry build with no CC and extremely high attack speed, as sentries will handle the single target damage.

hailstorm

Also nice build.

06/18/2013 08:14 PMPosted by PewPewTiuTiu
Freezing Pewpew. :))

no one freezes me

YES! It got through! lol. You saw the post :P

It's a Pewpew bait and I caught one. Haha.

06/18/2013 11:13 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
I'll admit i chuckled at the first name, haha :D

Gonna make a "dentist" theme build just for fun :P
Dentist?

Ice Chewer.
I tried the build on mp10 with 370k dps with soj and i liked it but i have problems vs vortex +laser without smokerscreen.
Also i don't like rain of vengeance and i need preparation to counter some reflect nasty packs cause of the lack of damage
"Cold Waffle"

As well please post build using skill calculator, and some details cause I don't want to watch an adult video on youtube :(
"Frigid Huntsman"
"Glacial Blast"
"Arctic Stalker"
Cold arrow sounds nyan to me.
I love the build, and it's way more engaging than the thunderballer tank I have been using forever. My problem is that I'm not great at stepping and I'm squishy with ~200 AR and < 40K HP, so what do you suggest for those situations when you really can't keep baddies away from you. Giving up the bola stun and perfectionist, I could still use the guardian sentry, but that means I'm back to face tanking, only with less survivability. I was using caltrops-TG last night on MP7 and I find that works well most of the time, but things like bulls/burrowers or many mobs in open areas still get into my "cuddle zone", if you will. >.<

How is everyone else coping with that? I'd hate to think it's all my lack of skill, but maybe. lol Thx for the feedback, D, or anyone else.
Interesting build Die. My only issue has been the lack of AoE.

SoT provides a little bit of AoE dmg, but when the mobs get thick, it just feels like I'm not hitting enough creatures.

I'm curious, when equipping a Cold SoJ, does that turn Hungering Arrow SoT into a "Cold Skill"?

More specific, would the +30% to Cold Damage Skills found on a set of Frostburn's apply to Hungering Arrow?
I love the build, and it's way more engaging than the thunderballer tank I have been using forever. My problem is that I'm not great at stepping and I'm squishy with ~200 AR and < 40K HP, so what do you suggest for those situations when you really can't keep baddies away from you. Giving up the bola stun and perfectionist, I could still use the guardian sentry, but that means I'm back to face tanking, only with less survivability. I was using caltrops-TG last night on MP7 and I find that works well most of the time, but things like bulls/burrowers or many mobs in open areas still get into my "cuddle zone", if you will. >.<

How is everyone else coping with that? I'd hate to think it's all my lack of skill, but maybe. lol Thx for the feedback, D, or anyone else.

Sup! Have you tried one of the suggestions in the video? When I absolutely can't keep baddies away, snapshotting RoV, dark cloud saves me a bit until I'm able to gain distance effectively again. I also use SP glide, as that also helps keep the distance, but I probably wouldn't suggest that if you aren't proficient at ranged quite yet.

Caltrops TG is definitely not a bad option, granted you have the disc to keep it up. Just understand that with this, as well as pretty much all ranged builds, requires some time and patience to really get it to work. It's not as simple as just switching skills and hitting the nearest way point smashing everything. IMO, I think if you fiddle around with it a little more for a few days, you'll find a variation that'll work for you :D

If you're looking to improve your stepping a bit (which will REALLY help, with any range build), checkout this link here.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569108872
I like the build. As for a name:

Black Ice Build
Hunter of the Black Ice
Stone Cold Hunter
Frozen Fangs

Just a few I thought of
Interesting build Die. My only issue has been the lack of AoE.

SoT provides a little bit of AoE dmg, but when the mobs get thick, it just feels like I'm not hitting enough creatures.

That's what scatter is for :D SoT softens up the area while scatter is your primary AoE skill. It's also pretty much spammable as you saw in the vids.

I'm curious, when equipping a Cold SoJ, does that turn Hungering Arrow SoT into a "Cold Skill"?

More specific, would the +30% to Cold Damage Skills found on a set of Frostburn's apply to Hungering Arrow?

Unfortunately no that isn't the case. Adding cold damage does not turn a black damage skill into a cold skill :(
Artic Invader - Because the way you shoot non-stop resembles the spaceship from space invader. hehe.