What is the Best Bears Build ATM

Witch Doctor
I am tired of running bats anymore, and switched some gear to run bears instead, however even with mana passives I find myself ooming now in mp10 with bear variations. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.
you'll want to get mana regen on your mojo or get an SOJ for the max mana. bear reduction on the SOJ or mojo helps too. use devouring swarm
IMO running with 1h + mojo you really need (and when I say really need I am basing the discussion on you using a 1.4 Attack speed 1h weapon).

#1 - Mojo to have as much -bear reduction as you can get (12 best) and also mana regeneration both on the mojo.

#2 - if you are still OOM with the mojo added you can go with a soj with -bear reduction (10 is best) or change a skill set and lose a little of the max buff damage on a skill and add Devouring swarm.

IMO soj is better so you can keep up with max damage buffs. Passives can be changed depending on what you need also.

Remember the more damage you do the more reflect hurts and if you do 200+ especially with SOJ you will either need to kite the first 3 - 4 seconds then cast all buffs and take out the elite pack, rinse and repeat if you do not finish them off before reflects pops again or put in FA if needed.

Alt: get a skorn, play with braincramp vs just about anything and hardly ever die even in the nastiest affix's if you have the right setup. Reflect is no longer an issue yet you have to get used to the slower casting and slightly slower killing speed yet you get used to it after a while.

Have fun - Bears rule and in general I kill faster with my setup then I do with COB since I have to reposition more with COB then my PB/Bear playing style.

In the end just have fun, thats what its all about no matter what skill set you play with

for bears with 1.4 Attack speed weapons think - mana regeneration and as much bear reduction as you can get/afford and remember soj's are now in most peoples price range for great reduction soj's now that most people play a COB varient.
IMO running with 1h + mojo you really need (and when I say really need I am basing the discussion on you using a 1.4 Attack speed 1h weapon).

#1 - Mojo to have as much -bear reduction as you can get (12 best) and also mana regeneration both on the mojo.

#2 - if you are still OOM with the mojo added you can go with a soj with -bear reduction (10 is best) or change a skill set and lose a little of the max buff damage on a skill and add Devouring swarm.

IMO soj is better so you can keep up with max damage buffs. Passives can be changed depending on what you need also.

Remember the more damage you do the more reflect hurts and if you do 200+ especially with SOJ you will either need to kite the first 3 - 4 seconds then cast all buffs and take out the elite pack, rinse and repeat if you do not finish them off before reflects pops again or put in FA if needed.

Alt: get a skorn, play with braincramp vs just about anything and hardly ever die even in the nastiest affix's if you have the right setup. Reflect is no longer an issue yet you have to get used to the slower casting and slightly slower killing speed yet you get used to it after a while.

Have fun - Bears rule and in general I kill faster with my setup then I do with COB since I have to reposition more with COB then my PB/Bear playing style.

In the end just have fun, thats what its all about no matter what skill set you play with

for bears with 1.4 Attack speed weapons think - mana regeneration and as much bear reduction as you can get/afford and remember soj's are now in most peoples price range for great reduction soj's now that most people play a COB varient.

What dps range will I be aiming for with a soj and different mojo. I have an soj already with -9 and also have a uhk serp with -11. Will this suffice or will I need to swap for a different mojo?
http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/calculator/witch-doctor#bfVZUY!ZYT!bcbbZZ
TRY THIS AWSOME STUFF OUT M8
and thank raki for spreading it^^

too bad you have zero pickup oO whats the point of an wd without at least a bit pickup? for bears you would need even more than for bats (CoB ofc because pestbats are only "good" for pvp)

and: i agreee for the soj, you want one with as much elite bonus and as much bear reduce u can get (and max ele dmg ofc)

btw.: on eu i run both
if u want to check me out, here's the link; http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/KadaverjunkY-2876/hero/616077

if you've got enough pickup u defo can use the uhkapian with bear reduce (i got my eu mojo, because its the cheapest pickup and it gives me double mana + nice vita)
If you are asking what dps range it just all depends on what MP lvl you are running. IMO for bears a soj is the creme of the crop if you are running a 1.4 weapon. Heck I use a soj for my 1h setup and my skorn setup and never think twice. I may put a ehp/dps ring on to goof around and I have all the rings yet I always go back to a soj.

mana reg and -bears on mojo and a soj should be plenty. At about 220k with a soj and using all the damage buffs you will take down most elite packs easily. You will have to wait out the reflect damage packs for the first 4 - 5 seconds until the reflect drops yet if you have all the damage buffs and position against a wall you should take down most elite packs before reflect pops back up (exception is extra health and shielding in general).

I love 1h + mojo yet for MP 10 vota runs I usually run skorn just due to low density monsters and the speed in which you run into the next elita pack. In order to make the 1h + mojo and bears really work in your favor you need lots of trash around you vs the reflect damage elites + affixes to run super fast thru them and thats with all the max buffs. If you run raki's type build and some of the sacrafice skill setups you can vary your play.

Side note: You really need some PUR. I like 5 - 7 since I want to pick up when I chose to pick up more then the 20+ range auto pickup yet I do not run into MIT issues when using a skorn to maybe want more PUR with bears. Bears has like the longest range/damage stat when you position correctly yet IMO you want to pick up pots when you want to pick them up so the 5 - 7 range is ideal for that. Putting a frog on IMO for bears is overkill unless you have low MIT and I have a frog to play with also. With that said when the new items come out and frogs get ilvl 63 the reason I would go to frog is that I can take the PUR off my bracers or shoulders and just keep it on mojo and trust me trying to make bracers with 300 int, RA, Vit and PUR has already cost me 4000+ crafts and still no dice lol.

There are a lot of good WD still around that can give you great feedback and I am sure they will weigh in.

On a side note: I am now using a skorn way more then I used to for MP10 general play. I still love my 1h + mojo yet even though the skorn is a little slower with bears and killing speed when you combine PB/Bears in reflect is really never an issue where you have to play a little different with 1h + mojo. Also with 1h setup PB does not leech life back well yet for some reason getting close to 6 percent vs 3 percent is huge with PB and PB seems to leech back life fast. I run in PB 3 - 4 sec till the ticker starts going and even on reflect packs I seem to not lose life where if I did the same thing with a 2.p LS 1h the LS would be useless with PB.

God How I love WD haha.

GL and have fun
Thanks guys, alot of good info for this. Something so simple from going bats to bears reall is more trouble then i thought lol. Bears just ooms me pretty fast at mp10.

i put my soj and - brars ukh serp on. It helps but still I think I need more mana regen somewhere
didn't spiritial attunemend work for you? (as u have good max mana, and honored guest gives back mana depending on your max mana + u can kinda spam spirit walk;)
when i use max mana on offhand and an soj i like attunement more than blood ritual (not on this wd)

pls let me know how both work for you - infight
spirit bears build by skywalker is very decent and one of the most current ones. I believe it is in the stickied guides thread at the top of the forum.

Not sure if it is heavily gear-dependent though. Can't remember XD you'll have to check it out yourself =D
I have been experimenting with this issue myself recently. I don't have the mitigation or DPS for MP10 yet however. Just not enough gold to get GG gear. I'm not a lucky crafter either.

Having said all that I now have over 1000mana with over 100mana regen. I run a bear/plague hybrid build. On top of that mana I also run -19ZC and -7 Bats cost items. I like my 1h setup do to the speed of the bears. I just found without taking these extreme measures I would go OOM too often.

It is definitely a fine line as I dropped close to 35k DPS doing all this from my previous equipment. I have noticed the difference in how long it takes to kill things initially. The obvious difference is now I almost never run OOM. Slower is fine if I don't die. As long as it isn't Skorn slow. I may need to take that plunge to play on MP10 though.

Feel free to check profile to get an idea of the gear I am talking about.
OP: I would recommend using one of the " cookie cutter " build. It really allows you to spam bear with a minimum of the 4 piece Zuni set. Drop GI for VQ and add spider (widow maker rune, but it could be any spider one as long as you have VQ) to your build. I have used this build with 1.9 APS with good results. I currently run both Bears and CoB, and its awesome. :D I dont use VQ right now because I have learned to manage my mana better, but just give it a try, hope you like it.
Run circle of life + sac: pride.

Have at LEAST 25 yards of pickup radius

Be real on your MP choice.

Then can stack as MUCH IAS gear as you want. Have a look @ my WD gear and skillset and try and get as close as you can.

I can bear alll day long, never any mana issues. quite easily mp10 capable. Only thing it sucks for is ubers.
Replace Sacrifice with Locust Swarm, Devouring Swarm
@OP: The build you are currently using in your profile looks good. It's a pretty standard cookie cutter build and it suits your gearing. I would suggest switching BR to SA - running with a mana pool of 1300 will have a noticeable effect on GI/GF/SW. When wearing a SoJ and ToTD, SA is generally better than BR.

If you want a bears build for xp farming I suggest trying devouring swarm as the primary mana source. It literally provides unlimited mana for bears when there are mobs around.