Devs plz make long ranged attack build better

General Discussion
Right now when compare all melee build include WD that use Bat,Zero dog,Bear VS ranged build from all class not include Archon u will see that even they have same DPS in sheet but melee build can kill everything 2X faster than range build. First problem is damage in many range skill so low. Second is resource recovery too low that make range class can’t sustain their damage. I want to see more reasonable balance to close killing speed gap between melee and ranged build in patch 1.09 and here my opinion detail with these change will lower killing speed gap between melee VS ranged build to 1.5X

First Wizard should have Arcane recovery at 15/sec to support ranged build that will consume more Arcane than cm/ww build and allow them to use some attack speed gear. Many range skill should buff around 25% from current damage because wiz get buff many time from previous patch and they have many skill that can buff their DPS.
Wizard class balance
Astral Presence : change Arcane Power regeneration to 3 per second
Ray of Frost : change damage to 350% / Snow Blast maximum damage change to 440% /
Arcane Orb : change damage to 250% / Obliteration rune change damage to 325%
Arcane Torrent : change damage to 355% / Death Blossom rune change damage to 710% / Arcane Mines rune change damage to 425% / Cascade rune change damage to 355%
Disintegrate : change damage to 275% / Chaos Nexus rune energy that spits out at nearby enemies change to 55% damage / Volatility rune improve to 45% chance to explode / Entropy change damage to 315% / Intensify change maximum damage to 355%
Teleport : Calamity rune Wave of Force change damage to 330%
Wave of Force : change damage to 300% / Forceful Wave rune change damage to 390% / Exploding Wave rune smaller Wave of Force will deals 150%
Hydra : can summon 2 hydra with no cooldown and change damage to 30% / Lightning Hydra rune change damage to 65% / Venom Hydra change damage to 20% / Frost Hydra rune change damage to 40% / Mammoth Hydra rune change damage to 70%
Magic Weapon : Conduit rune change to 5 Arcane on critical chance / Blood magic rune change life steal to 2%
Familiar : Arcanot rune change Arcane Power regeneration to 3 per second / Cannoneer rune change damage to 40%
Archon : change duration to 30 seconds
Mirror Image : make them can cast all primary and secondary spell that player have in their skill slot and attack more aggressive not run around too much / Mocking Demise rune damage change to 60% / Mirror Mimics rune damage change to 20%

About Witch Doctor resource is fine like it should be in their concept but range skill should buff around 25 or 50% from current damage because WD have lowest DPS in Sheet and player need to manage their mana
Witch Doctor class balance
Pierce the Veil : change Mana costs are increased by 20%.
Grasp of the Dead : change damage to 480% / Groping Eels rune change damage to 620% / Rain of Corpses rune Corpses fall change damage to 120%
Firebats : change damage to 400% / Direbats rune change damage to 330% / Hungry Bats rune change damage to 525%
Haunt : change damage to 720% / Consuming Spirit rune returns 310 Life per second / Resentful Spirit rune change damage to 400% / Grasping Spirit rune change slow the movement to 60%
Locust Swarm : change damage to 540% / Diseased Swarm rune damage a cloud of locusts change to 110% / Searing Locusts rune change damage to 700%
Summon Zombie Dogs : change damage to 20% / Rabid Dogs rune poison damage change to 15% / Burning Dogs rune fire damage change to 5%
Hex : Hedge Magic rune heal allies for 7500 Life / Angry Chicken rune change damage to 320% / Unstable Form rune change damage to 210%
Mass Confusion : change cooldown 45 seconds and duration to 15 seconds / Unstable Realm rune change cooldown 30 seconds and duration to 10 seconds / Mass Hallucination rune giant spirit damage change to 35%
Zombie Charger : change damage to 305% / Undeath rune damage change to 305% / Wave of Zombies rune damage change to 170% / Explosive Beast damage change to 350%
Spirit Barrage : change damage to 345% / Phantasm change damage to 340% / Manitou rune change damage to 2400%
Acid Cloud : change initial damage to 170% and poison to 225% / Slow Burn rune poison pool change damage to 360% / Kiss of Death rune change initial damage to 190% and poison to 255% / Corpse Bomb rune change damage to 345%
Wall of Zombies : change Cooldown to 12 seconds / Creepers rune zombies will emerge from the ground damage change to 40%
Gargantuan : change damage to 125% / Humongoid rune change damage to 160% / Restless Giant rune enrages duration increase to 20 seconds and change damage to 250% / Big Stinker rune poison cloud damage change to 20% / Bruiser rune change damage to 250%
Big Bad Voodoo : change Cooldown to 90 seconds and change duration to 30 seconds / Jungle Drums runechange duration to 45 seconds
Fetish Army : change Cooldown to 90 seconds, duration change to 30 seconds, make them attack more aggressive not run around too much and add icon that show number of fetish / Devoted Following rune change Cooldown to 75 seconds

DH in my opinion hatred regen should be 6 because all DH have insane attack speed that burn hatred so quick. Many range skill should buff around 25 or 50% from current damage because DH have high risk in lack of good protection skill and low EHP so they deserve good damage or even lets them have base movement speed higher than other class is reasonable.
Demon Hunter class balance
Ballistics : change damage to 75%
Impale : cost of hatred change to 20 and damage change to 395% / Impact rune Knockback and has a 100% chance to Stun enemies for 2 seconds / Grievous Wounds rune Critical Hits cause 150% additional damage
Chakram : damage change to 255% / Twin Chakrams rune change damage to 175% / Serpentine and Boomerang rune change damage to 345% / Razor Disk rune change damage to 280% / Shuriken Cloud rune change damage to 50%
Elemental Arrow : damage change to 230% / Ball Lightning and Nether Tentacles damage change to 230% / Frost Arrow rune damage change to 255%
Caltrops : Jagged Spikes rune enemies in the area take 420% weapon damage over 6 seconds
Smoke Screen : change duration to 2 second and blinds all enemies within 10 yards for 3 seconds. / Lingering Fog rune increase duration to 3 second
Shadow Power : can also use to break out from control impairing effects such as frozen, jail , stun, slow effect etc.
Vault : Action Shot rune Change arrow damage to 110% / Rattling Roll stun duration increase to 2 seconds / Trail of Cinders rune trail of fire damage change to 375%
Fan of Knives : damage change to 400% / Retaliate rune damage change to 580% / Assassin's Knives rune damage from long-range knives change to 105%
Spike Trap : damage change to 345% / Echoing Blast and a pulse of lightning from Lightning Rod rune damage change to 345% / Sticky Trap rune damage change to 500% / Long Fuse rune damage change to 465%
Sentry : damage change to 220% / Spitfire Turret rockets damage change to 45% / Chain of Torment tether damage change to 160%
Strafe : damage change to 230% / Emberstrafe rune trail of fire damage change to 100% / Stinging Steel rune knives damage change to 150% on successful Critical Hits / Rocket Storm rune rockets damage change to 90% / Demolition rune bomb damage change to 275%
Multishot : cost of hatred change to 25 and damage change to 250% / Fire at Will rune damage change to 250% / Burst Fire rune a shock pulse damages change to 100% / Full Broadside rune damage change to 325% / Arsenal rune rockets damage change to 90%
Cluster Arrow : cost of hatred change to 40, cluster arrow damage change to 335% and miniature bombs damage change to 125% / Shooting Stars rune rockets damage damage change to 190% / Maelstrom rune shadow energy damage change to 205% / Loaded for Bear rune cluster arrow damage change to 450%
Rain of Vengeance : damage change to 900% / Dark Cloud rune damage change to 1000% over 10 seconds / Beastly Bombs rune bombs damage change to 305% / Stampede rune Shadow Beasts damage change to 160% / Anathema damage change damage to 4125% / Flying Strike rune Shadow Beasts damage change to 125%

PS.
Redesign DOT skills and add tool tip that Multiple casts in the same area from same player damage not stack (other player in party casts same spell in the same area damage can stack) also make DOT skill use damage direct from DPS sheet in their formula no crit chance proc because right now when Dot skill not get crit it will like a blank damage cast.

I’m not suggest about primary skills here because buff them not make the big change even they should also get buff.

Lower Life Steal by 0.5% in all 1 handed melee weapons. In 2 handed melee weapon and mighty belts lower Life Steal by 1 % in 2 handed ranged weapon LS unchanged. Due to life Steal mechanics' excessive efficiency everyone that use melee build just stack some defensive stats, gear for insane DPS and sit in the same spot spamming their biggest skill till everything drops dead. Many of melee class can die real quick in few seconds if they stuck in Jail or frozen while stand on poison pool or fire ground lol because they depend on LS too much and lack of protection also this change will lower killing speed gap between melee VS ranged build since melee build need to lower their DPS from gears to get better protection.

Would like to see what people think about these.
Yeah a lot of people wants some "love" with the ranged clases specialy Demon Hunters, hope the Itemization patch will bring some...
I play DH for the beginning. Our skills need some damage buff for sure, but this wont fix the problem, because we don't really have good skill for area damage, and we still can't use more then 1 hatred spender in the same time.
I'm losing hope. All the best in gear can not mask how under power'd DH are. Its really bad....

Only thing keeping it alive is the strong following it has had through the Diablo series, Rogue, Amazon, and now Demon Hunted.
I think that there will be a big overhaul to the classes in the next few patches. Here is how I think it will go. Since DH and maybe WD are close to the bar of performance that Blizz wants all classes. That means that they will not change nearly as much as the other three. Then when the other three are brought into same level of performance as the DH and WD.

Then Blizz will no doubt nerf the monsters in some way. Simply because they would be nerfing/buffing many different skills. But at the same time they would need to tone down the monsters in order to make things better.
@ Rayman

"we don't really have good skill for area damage" I not agree we have good enough skill for area damage but damage suck need serious buff now.

"we still can't use more then 1 hatred spender in the same time" I'm ok with 1 spender more than that will burn hatred real quick even 1 spender now make u feel like u have 100k DPS when compare ur DH to melee class but for me no hatred = zero damage (primary skills damage not mention it too low)
I really care about resource management that y I'm not overdo stack attack speed on my infinity hatred build.

@ShadowAegis
"Then Blizz will no doubt nerf the monsters in some way" I'm don't think Blizz will nerf monster or MP down because well gear melee build can solo mp 10 like piece of cake many of them feel they need MP11++lol and I'm not think they will nerf melee class because Blizz just gave huge monk buff in patch 1.07 y they gona nerf monk but barb beserk I'm not sure? or if remake MP levels to do more damage but have monster HP not increase too much will range build gona complain I'm too squishy when go solo? for me I'm ok with current system and it not solve problem that range build still kill monsters in half speed of melee build. I still believe the easiest way is to buff range skills damage make the right damage scale my opinion in same DPS melee build should kill 30-50% faster than ranged build but today it like +100% or 2X faster lol that too much.
I think its actually nice to have a class that is somewhat challenging to play. If every class was OP faceroll everything, what's the point of even playing. DH has really good skill diversity and fun playstyle, DH don't need love, the other classes just need to be balanced down and have their OP setups taken down a notch.
^^
06/24/2013 05:21 AMPosted by Rayman
I play DH for the beginning. Our skills need some damage buff for sure, but this wont fix the problem, because we don't really have good skill for area damage, and we still can't use more then 1 hatred spender in the same time.
DH needs a damage buff? The DH were amongst the first to farm inferno, with the nat's set ok but you also needed some damage.
I see some people with more than 400k DH running around pew pewing the whole map.
@Aspirine
err. u need to come back to this game and see how things change welcome back to new world.
DH needs a damage buff? The DH were amongst the first to farm inferno, with the nat's set ok but you also needed some damage.
I see some people with more than 400k DH running around pew pewing the whole map.

even if a dh has 400k paper dps .... the barb gets easy enough above 500k fullbuffed and since berserker does not wear down till he s done with the eliteand not to mention that he has unlimmited resources and that his real dps rate is also higher then the one of the dh...

Or the Cm sorc i saw kill ghom mp 10 in 11 seconds granted he statesthat he isthe fastet CM sorc out there , even though I did reach his as full buffed ;-), but anyway .... try that with ANY DH!
And he doesn´t only have the gigher dps, he s tanky as !@#$ 2, he doesn´t moe an inch while standing in that cloud and only casts diamond skin casually when he needs it .... meanign he can tank WAY more DMG if need be

Yes dh can do mp 10, but not for a couple mill like the Barb or a eeffektive as any other class no matter how much you spend, other classes don even need half of it to keep up.

The question is, can said 400k DHs play on MP8+ as ranged chars (as originally intended) or are they being forced into a tank role? And are they really as fast as a Monk or Barb on MP10?

There would be two ways for Blizzard to correct the balance.

1. Buff DH/Wizard/WD (except CM and skills that already had been buffed before) to the level of Barbs and also buff/refine the mobs to make it harder or more challenging for everyone again.

2. Nerf Barb/CM Wizard. But that would only lead to the "whining" of the people who "exploit" the imbalance now.
Arcane Orb at 250% is far from enough to make it viable. This is a really expensive and slow moving spell, in order for it to be competitive we should talk about putting it in the 300-350%dmg.

Archon doesn't need to change, its pretty easy to sustain as is.

And Meteor could use some substancial buff, really, its just sad.