Synergizers | Creative Solutions

General Discussion
Synergizers

Lets say a new type of item is introduced, an item that will place synergies and buffs to different runes and skills. We will coin these items as "Synergizers".

Concept
These items would not specifically buff any particular skill on their own, but instead give you the choice to buff what you wish, and connect the synergies that you wish. This could be the replacement for the all mighty skill tree, while giving you more creative freedom than a skill tree would itself.

Finding and using Synergizers

Synergizers can vary in potency, perhaps 5 different levels of them, 1 to each 2 monster power levels (No reason to clutter the system with 10). With all the skills at your disposal, you can start making the connections, perhaps even make multiple builds. None of these changes you make are permanent, you can "unsocket" these Synergizers at a "combat master" (not very creative name, but it does fit) for a price. Different mechanics, such as combining these Synergizers, could potentially make them more powerful, or increase their level.

Balancing - Economics - Difficulty

Since you will not want to trade or sell these items, Synergizers would have a slightly greater chance to drop than legendaries (we don't want these to overshadow the normal item hunt). Combining low tier synergizers to produce higher level ones would take time, considerable effort, and money. Hypothetically, if you choose to farm lower monster powers in order to collect and combine lower tier synergizers, it would take more time to do then naturally finding them at their respective mp levels. Meanwhile, the higher the level of the synergizer, the more rare it becomes. Though in game, if you are farming efficiently on whichever monster power is good for you, the drop rates should be roughly the same. A limit should be put in place for the amount actively being used by your character.

How would this benefit the player?

Not only will this give you another thing to look for on your item hunt, but it would also work with the current system in place. It would also increase character and player diversity, all the while giving you a more creative way to make upgrades to your character. The more effort you put in playing the game (grinding, finding loot) the greater the chances you will have more and more of these at your disposal. Anyway that was my idea.
When you convey an idea (especially if you make a thread about it), don't put it in a wall of text. Its unappealing.

Give it:

-Title-

Concept Summary

Selling points: Features of the idea

Goals of the idea: Whats it accomplishing overall? What are your expectations for implementation, example situations.

Flesh out the idea more if you're gonna make a thread.
When you convey an idea (especially if you make a thread about it), don't put it in a wall of text. Its unappealing.

Give it:

-Title-

Concept Summary

Selling points: Features of the idea

Goals of the idea: Whats it accomplishing overall? What are your expectations for implementation, example situations.

Flesh out the idea more if you're gonna make a thread.

I understand, but at the same time I did exactly as you said, except without the flair you think it needs. Plus, giving specific figures is not my job, Blizzard does that themselves, so me providing "math" and "decisions" around my idea is really pointless, because ultimately that would be left to them, and to the imagination of the reader. It's not a wall of text either, it is a paragraph that takes no longer than 2 minutes to read. But I will take your advice, and make it more visually appealing for the more visually inclined. Even though it truly will add no sustenance to the idea itself, it is good advice.
Like I said in the previous thread, I had a similar idea here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377489179#17

and a slightly different one in an older thread of my own.

Its a good concept that I'm sure blizzard is already working on for the expansion. Their original idea for runes is actually very close to both ideas. They had originally planned on making the runes we have now (splinters, devouring arrow, etc) drop at various efficiency levels. I guess they ditched the idea due to the leveling system and how we acquire abilities, making it more streamline. In that effort they removed a key aspect to playing any RPG which is character building and investment.

With the current system there is no investment into your character therefore you don't invest in his/her story .. and immersion.. narrative... bla bla bla. It was a slight oversight I'm sure in the hopes of keeping this game concise and user friendly much in the same vain as the simplification of pandacraft (wonder why they're losing more players than usual..).

Also.. no need for combat master.. just tack this onto the already made mystic. Ezpz!

In short, the idea itself would be a welcome feature into the diablo universe, in my opinion and I hope blizzard is already working on it in some form or iteration.
Like I said in the previous thread, I had a similar idea here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377489179#17

and a slightly different one in an older thread of my own.

Its a good concept that I'm sure blizzard is already working on for the expansion. Their original idea for runes is actually very close to both ideas. They had originally planned on making the runes we have now (splinters, devouring arrow, etc) drop at various efficiency levels. I guess they ditched the idea due to the leveling system and how we acquire abilities, making it more streamline. In that effort they removed a key aspect to playing any RPG which is character building and investment.

With the current system there is no investment into your character therefore you don't invest in his/her story .. and immersion.. narrative... bla bla bla. It was a slight oversight I'm sure in the hopes of keeping this game concise and user friendly much in the same vain as the simplification of pandacraft (wonder why they're losing more players than usual..).

Also.. no need for combat master.. just tack this onto the already made mystic. Ezpz!

In short, the idea itself would be a welcome feature into the diablo universe, in my opinion and I hope blizzard is already working on it in some form or iteration.

Well said.