Why should we care if your self found

General Discussion
Maybe self-found people would like not to have an economy constantly linked to their gameplay.

You don't. Unless you're secretly visiting the AH (which nobody would care about, frankly). If you're legitimately self found, why do you care about what happens in the economy, and why do you feel linked to it in any way?
07/03/2013 01:26 PMPosted by hawkeye
Not understanding why some people don't like to pay to win but instead earn or make all of their own equipment is about as silly as asking "Why bother to go to University for all those years to become a Doctor when you should be able to just buy the Diploma and they send it to you".

A lot of long-time, legit, old-school gamers see buying items as cheating. It's as simple as that. A generation gap or something. And btw, if you can't see the difference between using the RMAH and buying a medical school diploma, which I doubt, I feel sorry for you and the generation from which you are a part and if you truly believe this you should change your name from SirRight to SirWrong.

Carefully read what I wrote again and try to imagine sarcasm. "I" believe in SF, I believe in earning your way though game and in life. I am an old-school gamer and used to play on an Apple ][+ with 64k ram. Wow.
What's the point of a ladder if I can pay real money to get to the top without even playing the game?

BTW we do not want any form of special recognition. Separate self-found mode is needed to play online with other self-founders. Ladder would have sense only within the self-found mode. Whats the point playing with AHckers who join the game and run through killing everything with one shot? We need separate mode for the chalenge, we want it to be diificult to kill bosses even with 4 players in party, we want the killing of diablo to be meaningfull. AHckers create all those hating topics because they know they will loose lots of money but they do not have any reasonable arguments against the SF mode. Seriously one has to be an idiot to not want new content in the game.

AHckers speaking is like this: We don't want you to have fun playing the game! We think that this game sucks because we bought all the necesary gear to become immortal and now we have nothing to do here anymore but flipping items on AH. Now we want everybody else to feel miserable too and we want them to buy our stuff so that we can make money. We don't want you to have fun on separate self-found mode because we would feel bad about you having a great time.

This is the truth about all of you AHchers, it's not that SF players would consider themselves better than you - they will just play their separate mode and they won't give a sh*t about your AH anymore. It's all about you considering yourselves worse just because you cant get any satisfaction from the game anymore in contrast to the SF players who will never ever buy your stuff on AH again.
07/03/2013 07:34 AMPosted by Ravenprince
Self found sounds like a fun alternate way to play the game. Calling it stupid just sounds juvenile.

Yes indeed.

SF is playing the game in a non-optimal way. The problem with the game is that Flipping is the optimal way to make wealth. That's just wrong. The best way to play the game should be a mix of trading and self finding. Find your own loots, and trade the ones you don't need. Use that gold to buy something you need.

Sometimes, I feel that those SF players want to make SF the most optimal way to play.
07/03/2013 02:33 PMPosted by phobos229
This is the truth about all of you AHchers, it's not that SF players would consider themselves better than you - they will just play their separate mode and they won't give a sh*t about your AH anymore. It's all about you considering yourselves worse just because you cant get any satisfaction from the game anymore in contrast to the SF players who will never ever buy your stuff on AH again.

The question is: Why do you care? Seriously, you're already playing self found, and nobody is giving a damn about it. Whatever changes the economy undergoes don't even affect you in the first place, as you've decided to not even participate in it. Some of us don't even flip, and only happen to sell whatever we find that is of no use to us, yet there's tons of people who seem to believe we're cheating for some strange reason. How is that cheating? I can understand disliking pay to win, because it actually defeats the whole purpose of the game in the first place, but it seems many self fundies aren't even willing to make the distinction between those using it just to trade, and those profiteering with it.

I am, however, concerned about the fact this pointless self found movement may actually drag the developers to dedicate precious development time catering to what is in the end nothing more than a childish tantrum over not having a little badge attached to your bib just for making a trivial decision, while neglecting actual problems that have been harming this game since it's release. You can play self found if you wish. Why is it pointless? You might ask. Here's why:
- You can refrain from participating in the economy if you want.
- You can beat the game at your own pace.
- You can play with like-minded people if you gather a decent group of friends making use of the LFR forums (no threads about it over there, btw). Perhaps they could add a self-found tag to the matchmaking system or something.
- You can make up your own personal set of self found rules and limitations, just like many people go on ironman challenges, for instance.
07/03/2013 04:41 AMPosted by Southbronx
Your stupid SF mode.

i second this
07/03/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
You can play with like-minded people if you gather a decent group of friends making use of the LFR forums (no threads about it over there, btw). Perhaps they could add a self-found tag to the matchmaking system or something.

Isn't it easier to add a small checkbox in character creation menu (next to the hardcore checkbox) to create a charcter which do not have acess to AH?

Is it worth to pour so much hating on the forums to such a little thing?
Umm how about you just dont use the AH then

Personally i am all for it. hopefully it will remove alot of the scrubs in mp10 games.

I dont care if you are SF. get it? I DONT CARE.

And the world does not care.

If i am forced to carry you over and over again, so you can leech, slowing down my games, then i do care.

If you choose not to use AH, fine. Want a cookie?

Myself? I would rather feel powerful. Than be gimped and get 1 shot when a tree sneezes 50 yards away.
Ummm how come all of the anti-SFers just DON'T click on the little Self-found checkbox upon character creation?!

I do care that you trade and buy items off of the AH because I do not (yet) have a way to play with other Selfies (100% guaranteed legit) without those game dynamics.
To gain recognition for obtaining broken loot :p

Hopefully that will be fixed soon.
07/03/2013 03:01 PMPosted by phobos229
You can play with like-minded people if you gather a decent group of friends making use of the LFR forums (no threads about it over there, btw). Perhaps they could add a self-found tag to the matchmaking system or something.

Isn't it easier to add a small checkbox in character creation menu (next to the hardcore checkbox) to create a charcter which do not have acess to AH?

Is it worth to pour so much hating on the forums to such a little thing?

Hey if it's so simple, I say go for it. I'm just saying the already stagnant development of this game shouldn't be hindered even further by trivial stuff like this if it is not (as I suspect it is...).

Not hating, btw.
07/03/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Hallze
agreed, Self found mode is a stupid concept. Ladder is what we need, not some stupid reward system for being a cheapskate.

Because playing the game instead of spending more money on the game you've already purchased is WRONG!
Ugh. Please stop with the ladders. Ladders were the worst thing to happen to d2.

You don't have to like SF mode, just like I don't have to like HC mode. Let's just agree that either SF makes sense, or HC doesn't, and either add SF or remove HC.
Tons of envy from anti-SF people.

So, it seems that you do care already.

For most normal, well-adjusted people though, if self-found mode is added you wouldn't have to play it. Just like nobody has to play hardcore.

Might want to look up the word envy. It's kind of hard to be envious of something that doesn't exist.

But anyway, these self-found threads are popping up faster than I can read them. Again, people have to stop hating on each other. It's not like the devs are going to read all these threads and decide based on the in-fighting that has been going on. They are going to base their decision on adding self-found on whether or not it's viable and worth the work. Only they know if it's really worth doing or not. People need to chill and play the game the way it is or go play something else until they make it more to their liking - if ever. Trolling and ranting isn't going to get you anywhere, for or against this mode.
*you're*
sorry SirRight I misread the meaning of your post.
07/04/2013 08:09 AMPosted by hawkeye
sorry SirRight I misread the meaning of your post.

No prob, it's all cool :)
I don't care that you don't care if SF mode is fun. I have played Pay to Win, HC and it gets boring.
Even playing SF mode gets boring, we need more content. More of everything will keep things interesting. Blizzard has my attention for now but not forever.
07/03/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Blashyrkh

The question is: Why do you care? Seriously, you're already playing self found, and nobody is giving a damn about it. Whatever changes the economy undergoes don't even affect you in the first place, as you've decided to not even participate in it. Some of us don't even flip, and only happen to sell whatever we find that is of no use to us, yet there's tons of people who seem to believe we're cheating for some strange reason. How is that cheating? I can understand disliking pay to win, because it actually defeats the whole purpose of the game in the first place, but it seems many self fundies aren't even willing to make the distinction between those using it just to trade, and those profiteering with it.

I am, however, concerned about the fact this pointless self found movement may actually drag the developers to dedicate precious development time catering to what is in the end nothing more than a childish tantrum over not having a little badge attached to your bib just for making a trivial decision, while neglecting actual problems that have been harming this game since it's release. You can play self found if you wish. Why is it pointless? You might ask. Here's why:
- You can refrain from participating in the economy if you want.
- You can beat the game at your own pace.
- You can play with like-minded people if you gather a decent group of friends making use of the LFR forums (no threads about it over there, btw). Perhaps they could add a self-found tag to the matchmaking system or something.
- You can make up your own personal set of self found rules and limitations, just like many people go on ironman challenges, for instance.

Even some of the devs have posted saying they play self found. I read your post and smell fear.

I guess I don't understand what you people are all hurt in the butt about. Standard/AH Camp mode already exists for you. IF they ever made an SF mode, it wouldn't affect you at all.

I don't want precious development time going to something I consider stupid and missing the point of what's wrong with D3. Look how long it took them just to get ID-all in the game, I would like this game to be near D2 levels of fun before the next Half Life comes out.