Do the people that want a "self-found" mode..

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Want to be able to play self-found easier?

Or want there to be a way for them to show how awesome their self-found character is by having them only compared to other self-found characters?
Some want increased drop rates and rewards and rankings... and others just don't want to be tainted by joining a game with someone else who isn't self-found.
Both it seems. The first one is the one I have a problem with. WE ALL have been waiting/wanting better items/drops yet SF think they should get it first because they are superior to a regular play style.
Neither... I wouldn't play a self imposed self-found character because the drop rates suck. I don't care about showing off my character. If they created a self found server with increased drop rates, I'd be all about that!
Neither, speaking for myself only. SF would be a way to be able to play with like-minded players and know that they are working under the same restriction and are totally legit (as SF players).

In my thread on a SF mode of play, I stated that an optional idea was to raise the level of drops to match what the consoles will have. The consoles have so access to AHs so it is believed that item drop rates and quality will be adjusted upwards.

Again this is just a option; SF could be played quite well with the present system (maybe up to MP4). Group play would definitely be beneficial!
07/03/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Ravenprince
Neither... I wouldn't play a self imposed self-found character because the drop rates suck. I don't care about showing off my character. If they created a self found server with increased drop rates, I'd be all about that!

So you want it easier
The problem with increasing drop rates on the server as it stands now, just means what I can find on the auction house will improve. Just like it improved with nephalem valor and paragon levels. Nothing has been done to make it so playing the game was the more efficient way of progressing my character. As it stands right now, I can progress my character 10,000% faster using only the auction house.
07/03/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Socrates

So you want it easier

Hehe... he wants to do "less work" (by not trading) and get better drops. I'm going to go to my boss at work and try to work out that same deal.
07/03/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Socrates

So you want it easier

No.... easy is the auction house. I have a 150k dps Barbarian and haven't spent more than 100k on a single item, now that is easy.
Not me. I think drop rates are fine for the most part.

But that's something to be dealt with after the SF mode is added.

07/03/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Capo
Hehe... he wants to do "less work" (by not trading) and get better drops. I'm going to go to my boss at work and try to work out that same deal.
I guess you paid your boss' salary.
One of the best parts of being Self-found is that almost every time you play for a few hours, you find an upgrade. No wonder people have left the game upset when they have bought all best-in-slot equipment and then can play for a month and never see a better item.
07/03/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Capo

So you want it easier

See what you anti self found people don't get is I don't want to be spending my time in the auction house. I'd rather be progressing while playing the game. As it stands right now, I progress so much faster just playing the auction house.
07/03/2013 12:58 PMPosted by SirRight
Neither, speaking for myself only. SF would be a way to be able to play with like-minded players and know that they are working under the same restriction and are totally legit (as SF players).

This, unfortunately, is a pipe dream and 'selfies' doesn't seem to understand that a separate mode wont protect them against anything. In fact, a separate mode will likely just attract more attention to something players can ruin.

It's a bit amazing that this can be brought up, time and time again, yet time and time again it's completely ignored.
One of the best parts of being Self-found is that almost every time you play for a few hours, you find an upgrade. No wonder people have left the game upset when they have bought all best-in-slot equipment and then can play for a month and never see a better item.

What happens when a BiS item drops for you right when you enter Inferno? That really ruins your whole plan of getting upgrades all the time.
See what you anti self found people don't get is I don't want to be spending my time in the auction house. I'd rather be progressing while playing the game. As it stands right now, I progress so much faster just playing the auction house.

And what you don't understand is that that has nothing to do with there being an auction house... it has to do with the crappy itemization and how items and drops work compared to the content. (On top of the skill system with no diversity)
07/03/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Capo

What happens when a BiS item drops for you right when you enter Inferno? That really ruins your whole plan of getting upgrades all the time.

Not neccesarily... As an example, in the auction house I can decide I want a thorns build and go out and buy all the highest damage to melee attackers equipment in 10 minutes. Can't do that in a self found server, you farm, you stash, you farm, you stash, repeat. You might end up with a high life regeneration build because that's what dropped for you and have to play a build that works around what dropped for you. That's FUN!!!
Not neccesarily... As an example, in the auction house I can decide I want a thorns build and go out and buy all the highest damage to melee attackers equipment in 10 minutes. Can't do that in a self found server, you farm, you stash, you farm, you stash, repeat. You might end up with a high life regeneration build because that's what dropped for you and have to play a build that works around what dropped for you. That's FUN!!!

Where do you get the gold to just go to the AH and buy what ever you want?

Want to know where I get the gold? .... "you farm, you stash, you farm, you stash, repeat. "
07/03/2013 01:07 PMPosted by Capo

And what you don't understand is that that has nothing to do with there being an auction house... it has to do with the crappy itemization and how items and drops work compared to the content. (On top of the skill system with no diversity)

You are correct, how would you improve itemization and how drops work? I'm all for having more fun and out of all that I have read, the best idea so far is the self found server with improved drop rates.

Or want there to be a way for them to show how awesome their self-found character is by having them only compared to other self-found characters?

Neither. I just want support for the play style to help keep the characters that I play self found seperate from the ones that I dont the same way my hardcore characters are seperate. That way I dont have to manually keep track of what is self found in my stash and what is not. Or how much gold my self found guys have. Its about a QoL change to support the play style.

Self found is about the challenge of finding things yourself. Making it easier would make it less challenging. Yes some people think self found is not viable with the current drop rates but I disagree.

I also dont need to be compared to anyone else. The only recognition I would like is to be able to recognize another self found player as such and not just someone that says they are self found but still used the AH. You could hide the armory of self found players and just put a label saying dont worry what this guy has just know that he is self found and I would be fine.