Plague Bats: Thoughts and Techniques

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 6 7 8

Another technique I find helpful is using Horrify/Frightening Aspect (plus armor) with PB. After the monsters interrupt your PB casting, when they are beating too hard on you, you are low on mana, they surround you, or they have just thrown too much hoo-doo down where you are standing -- these are the situations when I use Horrify.

The fear from Horrify clears the monsters away from you, it doubles your armor, and puts you back in control of the situation (so you can move to another wall and get ready for them when they come back). Also, many of the monsters will die from the PB DoT as they run away, so it is a win-win to use Horrify with PB. Horrify will also break fire-chained elites apart, and works on all elites no matter their size.

weird...I stumbled upon Frightening Aspect a few weeks ago (still new to WD). I was looking for a "panic button" to supplement survivability. FA works terrific as a pre-buff (I sport 8300 armor with it engaged).

This prevents those annoying spike deaths when you get hit by multiple enemies simultaneously as you first approach.

My philosophy with the WD was to create a skill bar that allows me to stand my ground and hose down enemies with PB. Where mana loss comes into play with PB is when you have to dance around to avoid heavy duress, constantly depressing and releasing and depressing PB again and again.

One quick tap of FA alleviates a great deal of mana strain and the double armor buff removes much of the WD's fragile nature.

Used in conjunction with Mass Confusion/Paranoia, much of the time I face Elites, they're shut down, incapable of throwing out those dread affixes.
08/04/2013 09:07 AMPosted by BurningRope
Used in conjunction with Mass Confusion/Paranoia, much of the time I face Elites, they're shut down, incapable of throwing out those dread affixes.

Hex works well too. It shuts their active spells down (not the cc ones) and it can nullify two elites at the same time.

Hex works well too. It shuts their active spells down (not the cc ones) and it can nullify two elites at the same time.

Haven't played with Hex much. Question; How satisfied are you with the use you get out of Hex? As in, does it give a good return for the slot it takes up?

I'm considering using it in place of Mass Confusion (or perhaps working it in some other way). In your experience, does Hex hit often enough?

EDIT: Man I need to get some pants like yours....been using these crappy inna's just due to having broke myself building a WD on the cheap. If you don't mind me asking, what did you give for the pants?

Haven't played with Hex much. Question; How satisfied are you with the use you get out of Hex? As in, does it give a good return for the slot it takes up?

I'm considering using it in place of Mass Confusion (or perhaps working it in some other way). In your experience, does Hex hit often enough?

EDIT: Man I need to get some pants like yours....been using these crappy inna's just due to having broke myself building a WD on the cheap. If you don't mind me asking, what did you give for the pants?

I really like Hex. Can take out two elites at once (mostly one, but sometimes two), 20% more damage, and the cool down is way quicker than MC (15 sec). I really like Hex and always have it on my bar for taking elites down quick.

I've tried MC a few times but never have liked it much.

As for the pants I have on, I hit these for 300 million before rare pants started getting crazy hard to find on the AH. Now they are 1+ B pants. Keep trying to find better but the market has been really scarce.

I really like Hex. Can take out two elites at once (mostly one, but sometimes two), 20% more damage, and the cool down is way quicker than MC (15 sec). I really like Hex and always have it on my bar for taking elites down quick.

I've tried MC a few times but never have liked it much.

As for the pants I have on, I hit these for 300 million before rare pants started getting crazy hard to find on the AH. Now they are 1+ B pants. Keep trying to find better but the market has been really scarce.

K...big thanks for the input. Gonna give Hex a go in place of MC when I get home tonight. I've played Monk almost exclusively since launch and the WD is very new to me yet.

Gonna have to wait on some drops to finance my WD going forward. I've had decent luck with drops paying off in the past. Recently....slim pickens.
hex is pretty good in a way that it can shut down 1 or 2 elites at a time. keywardens just become impotent livestock.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/balbas/photography/ScreenShot2013-08-05at115548PM_zpsd3d8739e.png

this thing dropped, what can you guys say about this? will this be a good Skorn for PB? if ever i am going to use this, what gear should I change? i still have my zuni helms. what gem should i fix on this as well? i am more of a 1 hand/mojo guy but i might want to try this. thanks.
While researching a viable mp10 fetish sycophants build I stumbled on the incredible fun combo of PB and Explosive Toads :)

If all three toads connect you are dishing out 507% Weapon Damage (not to a single target) which is not too shabby. At close range they do their damage almost instantly (unlike WoS or firebomb), there is no animation lag which lets me spray PB until life is down to 80% and then finish with bullfrogs + the tail of the PB dot. The reduction in killing time is quite noticeable.
09/09/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Wachati
While researching a viable mp10 fetish sycophants build I stumbled on the incredible fun combo of PB and Explosive Toads :)

Whatever works. It's always good to have a second skill when the mana gets low. I personally use Haunt/Draining Spirit with a one-hander.