tried the tri-build, and loved it....

Monk
By that I mean on par with Bell builds in damage output, survivability, etc. This is the usual standard builds are judged by.

So that's your objective measure.

I tried this tri-generator build, and it was faster than the Bell build I usually use on Ghom. No survivability difference.

If you want good builds, try these:

1, TR/Bell for DE farming
2. TR/Bell/EP for trash farming
3. DS/Bell/EP for trash farming
4. DS/CS/EP for groups
5. Nirvana - general farming
6. Cooke/EP - general farming

I have.
There's no misconception on your attitude in this topic.

It's crap.

And you are like this in a lot of non-nirvana build.

The misconception I was clearing up is that this is a "good" build. By that I mean on par with Bell builds in damage output, survivability, etc. This is the usual standard builds are judged by.

As I stated before, run what you like.

The problem is AH Tycoons like yourself run around posting vids in their overgeared toons of builds that aren't very good, but appear good because of their gg gear. But, hey, you played every build long ago so you already knew that right?

I call a pig a pig. For instance, I said your Combi Strike replacement for BoY in the Nirvana build sucked. That would be me speaking truth. Also, your "Nirvana Suck" build also sucks. At least with that one you got the name right. That was me criticizing Nirvana builds.

Play however you want. I don't care. I am not like other guys here though who know builds posted suck and refrain from saying it because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Truth first.

If you want good builds, try these:

1, TR/Bell for DE farming
2. TR/Bell/EP for trash farming
3. DS/Bell/EP for trash farming
4. DS/CS/EP for groups
5. Nirvana - general farming

Alternatively you can play builds like this too if you find them fun. They are like a high school team playing a pro team however.

Enjoy your popcorn boys and girls.

Wow, you seem mad. LOL

And for some reason, you sound butthurt by me posting vids.

Are you mad that a bnet forum newbie like me is taking off some attention from you on the forum?

Is it your new hairstyle?

Not gonna even get into the convo on your build points, since it’s not even funny to talk to guys with glassy ego like you.

What are you like 12 yr old?

Cry more and go update your Nirvana topic.
07/10/2013 09:14 AMPosted by Fitz

Isn't this build "Cooke/EP", that you consider good for general farming, pretty much a tri-gen variant?
Wow, you seem mad. LOL
And for some reason, you sound butthurt by me posting vids.
Are you mad that a bnet forum newbie like me is taking off some attention from you on the forum?
Is it your new hairstyle?
Not gonna even get into the convo on your build points, since it’s not even funny to talk to guys with glassy ego like you.
What are you like 12 yr old?
Cry more and go update your Nirvana topic.

Was waiting for you to come out of your shell. I can smell an attention seeking youth from a mile away.

1. I am not mad. You started with name calling and accusations. I corrected you. Angry about that?
2. Nope. Been here long enough. Not concerned about attention at all.
3. Childish
4. My ego is anything but glassy. That is why I resort to logic and truth to make my points.
5. 36 actually. You are younger than that. I can tell by the way you act. So can others. Others are usually good at smelling BSers as well. Catch my drift?
6. Glad to see you finally exposed yourself here. Keep asking questions of the people who know what they are talking about so you can post vids and claim you know what you're talking about. It seems to be working for you... for now.

Anything else?

Moar popcorn please!

This is what you posted on the 2nd page.

Also, I'll clear up another misconception I've seen in this thread:

The build sucks.

Just clearing up misconceptions folks. No need to be angry.

If you like to play this build go for it.

Doesn't change the fact that it does crap for dps.

Is that the best attitude you can have for OP?

You didn’t even say what is actually wrong with the build in detail.

You just said it sucks. It’s crap.

That’s some effed up attitude and I pointed out.

And you just blew up and accuse me on all these off-topic random stuff like I’m a AH Tycoon with nice gears with showing bad builds.

What exactly is pissing you off?
This is just breaking down into pointless ad hominem attacks.

I'll have to disagree with you that the tri-gen build is crap though. As I pointed out in my skorn/tri-gen guide, it actually allows you to farm at a level much higher than your gear would normally allow -- the only thing necessary is stacking some IAS, which is not hard to do. I'll argue this point until I'm blue in the face.

HOWEVER, if you are comparing it to a DW tri-gen build though, I'll have to step out of this discussion since I don't have much experience with it and when I did try DW tri-gen, I wasn't a huge fan.
What exactly is AH Tycoon?

What did I exactly do for you to accuse me on so many random issues?

What did Piffle call me out on? I don’t even know what it is.

You said you are glad that I’m exposed finally in your previous post. Exposed on what exactly?

How exactly is the Tri-Gen builds crap against bell build?

You just said it’s crap in edps/sustainability. How exactly?

And I’m pretty sick of the conventional builds so I was trying to come up with new twist on couple builds to make it more fun. If it’s fairly viable on mp10, that’s good enough for me. If you think otherwise, that’s fine.

I think when I posted something like “this build is crap” in some other topics weeks ago, a lot of people mentioned that we should be a little more respectful to the members. So, I’m trying not to be straight up rude like you in this topic.
07/10/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Flattylol

Coming from another class to monks, I had no opinions on builds and wanted to try them all -- with an open mind. I tried this tri-gen one, and I don't think it's crap. It was as fast as what I usually use when grouping.

It doesn't matter to me who is an AH tycoon or any of this bitter personal stuff. The builds can speak for themselves. If it's good, you can clear pretty quickly.
I'm with you. I think it's a great build, does solid dps and it's actually fun and engaging to play. Ignore these two puffing out their chests and we'll all be fine.

07/10/2013 10:55 AMPosted by jenpeezey

Coming from another class to monks, I had no opinions on builds and wanted to try them all -- with an open mind. I tried this tri-gen one, and I don't think it's crap. It was as fast as what I usually use when grouping.

It doesn't matter to me who is an AH tycoon or any of this bitter personal stuff. The builds can speak for themselves. If it's good, you can clear pretty quickly.
Wow, how come this thread that started as a nice and constructive discussion on a build evolved into flame war?! KimSulki & Fitz - I know you're both very opinionated and passionate, but there's hardly any need for this sort of word exchange.

I love the Tri-Gen build, many of the people who have tried it also do so and some third party's irrational opinion on it is not about to change that attitude. Bells are amazing as well and anyone who finds fault with them is either ignoring facts or just acting silly.

Let's tone this down and lay the topic to rest, or let it return to where it began - how to use and improve the Tri-Gen build, for those who would like to try it. Nobody's married to this build and is free to walk out on it any time they like. Bells are not going anywhere - I'm sure they can wait, if someone feels inclined to experiment with different setups and see if anything caters better to their tastes. Flame-exchange isn't t helping anyone.
^
Am I late to the party? I've often wondered about what this new-fangled tri-gen build is all about as I have not played anything like this with my monk. On my part, I just bought "cheap" pair of LS swords for me to experiment with different builds with a dual LS setup without having to deal with anything like fear (so as to give me more flexibility to play this with groups, depending on the group composition). This is something that will probably be on my list of things to do -- how to make a build like this viable for higher MPs. As it stands, I am so used to using bells as a form of a heal that I don't know if I can play a style that doesn't incorporate that.

As far as I'm concerned, the more builds you can make MP10 capable, the better... efficiency be damned. What I need to keep SCAH interesting for me is build variety and taking unconventional builds and make them high-MP capable. Heck, I know that the Maximus fire-based build isn't the most conventional, but I think it's a lot of fun taking that build into MP10 group games and making it work with a weapon that I purchased for 1M (and still be contributing effectively in the group). To me, that's more fun than running the most efficient or powerful build (which I can do with my Skorn or my EF + Rare).

So I don't really get why there is an argument in here about whether or not this build "sucks". Nowhere in the OP does he state that this is the most efficient or effective build ever, just that he enjoys it and it looks like he wants to tell people about it. If it works and you enjoy it, then it's effective because it accomplishes a legitimate goal for the user. It may not compete with other builds for efficiency -- but who cares, as long as someone enjoys using it!

Anyway, that's my 2c... late to the party, but WTH. There it is.
Oh look....

Fitz and KimSulki battling for attention again.

yawn.

It's Diablo III, for crying out loud. Read what Nameless said and it will put your banter in such a better perspective.

*Edit* Not to bandwagon Druin anymore than he already is, that is one hell of a constructive member of the Monk forums, not once does he come into builds or threads with Negativity, he actually backs up his claims with research and numbers and genuinely tries to help others.
yes, yes, the eternal flame of war arises! >:D

what, you gonna let someone even on the internet diss your honor and tell you what's up??
You're Both mad, so fight, I say, fight til death! >:D
Feel the anger, feel the hatred, let it coarse through you.
Be fearless in the face of thy enemies, and be dangerous even in defeat. >:)

Conflict is the natural state of man, wtf is a man if he's not passionate!

Blessed is the passionate warrior, for he shall scorch the earth asunder,
Cursed are the avoiders of confrontation, for they shall run and hide forever.

"Thou shalt rule with passion!" said the LordRaahl.
Sorry, but where did you do this? The only time you wrote anything with numbers was stating that you can expect 9-12x pdps with this build (that's single-target dps -- compared to nirvana's 0x :) ). That's hardly "quickly and simply" showing anything to be false. Based on the people posting in the Ghom mp10 kill thread, I didn't see any bell builds really outperforming that 9-12x modifier. Even my 2H tri-gen build comes in at a 10x modifier before I started cheating with SoJ and talent changes.

So, what's the argument? If you're going to argue that you can mow down multi-mob packs faster, then make that argument instead of pointing out single-target dps stats.

07/10/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Fitz
Any other claims regarding this build as being efficient, or high dps, or equal to some of the proven good builds are false. I showed that very quickly and simply in an earlier post in this thread.
And you know what's funny? the Druin bandwagon.
Everybody wants to jump on it for idol worshipping.
It's about time some of you get some credit around here.
Yet it's hard for you to get the credits you deserve while the forums' busy kissing Druin's !@#.
No offense.

Make your own wagons, Fitz, Kimsulki, claim your territories.
Let there be War and Division!

"Thou shalt not worship false idols in the forums, be your own guru." said the LordRaahl.