Nameless, come down for a bbq (24th!)

Monk
07/10/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Fitz
Umm, 45 min plane ride from CA to NY? Im confused...

Carl, he was asking where are you from.
Carl is a 45 minute PLANE ride away from Buffalo.
It appears Carl was from LA but is now in the NYC area.
07/10/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Fitz
Umm, 45 min plane ride from CA to NY? Im confused...

SSF = supersonic stratospheric flight and strato-parachute straight into KJ back yard!

Cheers,
CC-
.....and it would def be a couple of days. Wel you know BBQ one day then barrel down Niagra another.

ha,
Niagara Falls is a cool trip for anyone who has not been there.
Oddly enough, i'm not familiar with all the attractions; I guess since I live near it I never bothered to research a "what to do" at Niagara Falls.
The Canadian side is MUCH nicer than the American side of the falls. I mean it's not even close, the Canadian side of the falls is AMAZING. I'm not even joking a little.

Here are the attractions that I know of:
  • Maid of the Mist (both sides actually). I boat ride into the horseshoe basin of the falls
  • Cave of the Winds (I think both sides). An impressive stairway and platforms that take up right near the falls.
  • Niagara Gorge trails, Mostly if you are into hiking...it's a pretty nice darn hike.
  • Aquarium. Meh, the kids liked it, especially if time it to watch the seal show. But it's VERY small, probably won't spend more than an hour there.
  • Hot air balloon and helicopter fly over. Never done that
  • Small flower gardens and walkways.
  • Puney falls museum.
  • Puney IMAX like theater.

Ooops, meeting reminder, I have to go...be back after the meeting, but the Canadian side is better!
Oh yeah, Sundowners is my fav on the Canadian side :P bring them dolla bills they will love ya HAHA
07/10/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Fitz
Oh so CC lives near me too? EAST COAST!

Where abouts?

Yeah most of my gg geared friends are still in Cali.

Cheers,
CC-
If I come to Canadia for my bachelor party, you guys are welcome to come out and buy me a beer!

:P
07/10/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Fitz
Canadia

:D

I am def down for Toronto or Montreal or Niagara Falls (in theory at least)

MA here. Cape Cod region.

Montreal is a dangerous town. We experienced a few casualties during each tour of duty.

I remember BP 09' vividly!

Cheers,
CC-
07/10/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Hambone07si
Oh yeah, Sundowners is my fav on the Canadian side :P bring them dolla bills they will love ya HAHA

OMG.

that is NOT what I was implying!!!

I was talking about the sculpture garden, the big clock the butterfly observatory..
it's on for the 11th!

lets do it!

I don't want to be stuck alone with vrkhyz, i'm afraid his power over numbers will send me into another dimension.
I have to admit, I'm trying to figure out how it's a 6-8 hour car drive for CC when he lives in NYC. I've been to the falls before, I live in maryland, it's just about an 7 hour drive for me. I've been there twice actually, as a friend of mine lived in Pickering, Ontario and we spent a week up at his place two summers in a row.

Also, whomever said Canadian side of falls is better, you ain't just whistling dixie there. It's like the States side is the red-headed stepchild that no-one really cares about or something.
it's on for the 11th!

lets do it!

I don't want to be stuck alone with vrkhyz, i'm afraid his power over numbers will send me into another dimension.

Have fun!!! Hope more folks can join you guys. I'll be soaking it in on the other side of the world at that time. :)
We're now aiming for Saturday, August 24.
Things I learned reading this thread for the first time today:

1. It's not some random troll thread started by Kamel. Who would have guessed that?

2. Vrkhyz and KamelJabber know each other in real life. So much is suddenly clear to me, and yet I suddenly have so many more questions.
07/28/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Vrkhyz
We're now aiming for Saturday, August 24.

Oops, updated the title

Things I learned reading this thread for the first time today:

1. It's not some random troll thread started by Kamel. Who would have guessed that?

2. Vrkhyz and KamelJabber know each other in real life. So much is suddenly clear to me, and yet I suddenly have so many more questions.

1.) "Troll", i had no idea I was "trolling" by definition...i'll have to stop doing that

2.) We actually don't know each other...at some point we were talking about where everyone is from or buffalo wings or something like that; and that's when I found out Vrk was in the greater buffalo area :)

3.) We scheduled the 24th due to conflicts in vrk's and my schedule.
Turns out KJ is just a few miles away from where I grew up. I'm out in suburbia now, but I'm still within a 20-minute drive.