Allow us the option to see sellers' names on AH

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
what about contacting the seller with some sort of pin board. Where the maybe buyer can choose to show his name/battle tag. And the seller can choose to get in contact and show his name to one person/response of his choice on the pin board or otherwise stay anonymous.
How about change the thread title to allow us the option to post our account on items for sale in AH?

Then you have the choice of it being anonymous or personal. You can weed through the buyers and liars.

This would also eliminate the problem with 99 player max trade channels.
07/19/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Durabolin
its funny youre being sarcastic but that is really what makes a diablo games' trading. except d3

Because 475 of those messages wouldn't get annoying...
07/19/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Martimus
Because 475 of those messages wouldn't get annoying...

it sounds like you guys have zero tolerance for getting whispers. you really have that much of a problem reading someone who might lowball your asking price? ignore it. I seriously doubt all of you are getting so many tells from your friends that this would clog up your chat screen.

you all keep looking at the negative but WHAT IF this actually sold your items FASTER for a slightly lower price (asking 15% less gold b/c AH wouldn't take it)

by doing this people would also not be limited to buying for gold either. when was the last time you traded an item for an item? you see the item in the AH and say I have XX XX XX XXX X. want to trade?

oh wait I forgot.. here comes 100 replies abut how people don't want communication with other players. right. I forgot talking to other players in this game is not encouraged. my bad
there can be many other ideas bounced off of this instead of just bashing it to the ground. don't want whispers? blizz could easily add in another interface dialog box where each item posted has a column and people leave their offer and leave the battletag. similar to how youre able to leave a message when friend requesting.

this way its completely out of your way until you choose to open the window. scroll through all the offers and pick your winner.
I would rather vendor an item than sell it to a whiney little twit trying to lowball me. The next thing that comes to mind is the flippers will just have another tool to buy LOW before they triple the price. Lastly, Blizzard can't even control the Gold Bot's spamming friend request. So now you want all of us to be spammed with auction house low bidders.

This is one of the worst ideas ever.
07/19/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Durabolin
it sounds like you guys have zero tolerance for getting whispers.

Just 400 of them. Remember bots in D2. Boy I missed those. People around here flipped when gold sellers would spam them with 50 friend requests, how unpopular do you think your idea is?

by doing this people would also not be limited to buying for gold either. when was the last time you traded an item for an item? you see the item in the AH and say I have XX XX XX XXX X. want to trade?

Because this is redundant. We already have trade channels.
would rather vendor an item than sell it to a whiney little twit trying to lowball me. The next thing that comes to mind is the flippers will just have another tool to buy LOW before they triple the price. Lastly, Blizzard can't even control the Gold Bot's spamming friend request. So now you want all of us to be spammed with auction house low bidders.This is one of the worst ideas ever.

yeah its clearly the worst idea ever when its currently in effect in WOW.

obviously I said it would be a different interface dialog box and not added ontop of your friend requests so you can forget that. no one said you had to sell it to the whiny twit low balling you.ignore him so you can forget that argument. flippers will most likely not be able to get an item for 3x less than its worth unless scammed because the only way they get the items to flip in the first place is to snake the low bids no one noticed or 1d 12h low buyouts. forget that.
07/19/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Martimus
We already have trade channels.

when was the last time you actually got a trade out of the trade channel. LOL
there can be many other ideas bounced off of this instead of just bashing it to the ground. don't want whispers? blizz could easily add in another interface dialog box where each item posted has a column and people leave their offer and leave the battletag. similar to how youre able to leave a message when friend requesting.

this way its completely out of your way until you choose to open the window. scroll through all the offers and pick your winner.

Sure, let's bounce off that idea. How about this: We use that idea but make it a bit more efficient so it only displays the highest current bid. Also, we add in a filter option that allows you to enter a custom "minimum amount" before a bid is considered valid for displaying to reduce spam. Entering this then removes the need to manually choose which bids to accept so we can further optimize it by making it automatically accept the highest bid after a set period of time. At this point, since all necesarry communication has been exchanged, we can just go ahead and make it annonymous at which point, voila, we have the same auction house as we do now! Congratulations, you got what you wanted in the end.

07/19/2013 01:31 PMPosted by Durabolin
We already have trade channels.

when was the last time you actually got a trade out of the trade channel. LOL

Which indeed goes to show that the community has no interest in reenacting the haggling scene of Life of Brian when buying an item.
07/19/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Durabolin
Allowing us to contact the seller for an item can expand communication within the game immensely, and bring back that classic diablo feeling of bargaining while in a trade. Economy is broken right now and seeing some of the prices people ask for some items is insane. These are the items people need to progress but they are just simply out of reach. Contacting the seller to make an offer and trade in game is much more satisfying

Good idea BUT also put in an option to go /anonymous if the seller wouldn't like to reveal their identity.

Now, that's much better.

*In short, it should be "Allow the seller the option to reveal/hide their identity.
The addition of frobergs reply makes this much more viable. Also making it anonymous
oh wait I forgot.. here comes 100 replies abut how people don't want communication with other players. right. I forgot talking to other players in this game is not encouraged. my bad

You and your ridiculous strawmen. It's nothing of the sort, and it's been explained to you numerous times.

Frankly, you are delusional if you think this idea will ever take form. It won't. Seriously, you kid yourself greatly if you think otherwise. Blizzard is not going to put people in a position of being constantly bombarded and harassed by people for putting things on the auction house.

It doesn't matter how you try to rationalize or spin it. While there may be a few people who would use it respectfully, as you suggest... there would also be legions of trolls and idiots who would just routinely insult people for prices they thought were stupid, or begging people to make trades so they can scam them, rather than use the secure auction house.

Even "anonymously" it's still going to amount to people getting harassed and bombarded by messages they don't want, just for selling something on the auction house.

If you allow them to opt out of such responses, then it defeats your whole idea, as almost everyone would surely opt out of it.

It'll never happen. Ever. Chances of it happening are 0%. Blizzard is not that stupid. They are not going to give a big griefing tool to the user base.

It's not going to happen. It's a bad idea. Accept that. More people need to realize when they have a bad idea and learn to let them go.
Thanks for your input. You're just one little opinion.

The day they implement this, you will be sure to hear from me. You make it so far fetched when its already in wow lol..... The system would obviously need tweaking for d3 obviously
Instead of posting the sellers name, why not add a button to send a message and it will go to AH messages that the seller can check, keeping both parties anonymous unless both decide to reveal themselves for further bargaining.
Instead of posting the sellers name, why not add a button to send a message and it will go to AH messages that the seller can check, keeping both parties anonymous unless both decide to reveal themselves for further bargaining.

This