I am a genious. Super easy fix to the comma dilemma

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 13 Next
07/29/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We have concrete plans to do this (seriously), but we don't have an ETA on when we'll be implementing this change just yet

Probably sometime after most of the player base leaves....or it'll be an expansion box bullet point.

- *NEW* AH and Trade window upgraded to feature commas!
GOOD NEWS!! You can't have a fraction of a gold in Diablo!!! So it doesn't matter if it is a period or a comma!!!!
Make commas have a 50% drop rate chance from elite packs. Players then can use them in either the trade window or AH. Of course commas must be bound on account to encourage play time.
Ah, the rare and elusive comma!

We agree that the lack of commas in both player trade windows and the Auction House is not ideal and that is can lead to some very bad experiences for players, and it's definitely on our radar as something we would like to change. We have concrete plans to do this (seriously), but we don't have an ETA on when we'll be implementing this change just yet. As it stands, it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization, so hang in there!

How big is the "radar" in Blizzard's development dept? Seriously, that thing has to be twice the size of any doppler radar in any weather station.
I don't see why blue didn't respond with "A Comma. Not the comma we deserved but the comma we needed. Nothing less than punctuation. Shinny"
We have concrete plans to do this (seriously), but we don't have an ETA on when we'll be implementing this change just yet. As it stands, it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization, so hang in there!

Yeah, I can totally see how something minor people have been wanting since this game was in beta could take a few minutes of time away from working on the console version of the game.
Love this...

"hang in there!"
"We have concrete plans to do this (seriously)"
"but we don't have an ETA"
"it's definitely on our radar as something we would like to change"
"it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization"

So since 0 AH changes have been talked about, we can expect to see comas in the expansion... (Seriously).
Love this...

"hang in there!"
"We have concrete plans to do this (seriously)"
"but we don't have an ETA"
"it's definitely on our radar as something we would like to change"
"it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization"

So since 0 AH changes have been talked about, we can expect to see comas in the expansion... (Seriously).

(Seriously?)
Make commas have a 50% drop rate chance from elite packs. Players then can use them in either the trade window or AH. Of course commas must be bound on account to encourage play time.

We agree that the lack of commas in both player trade windows and the Auction House is not ideal and that is can lead to some very bad experiences for players, and it's definitely on our radar as something we would like to change. We have concrete plans to do this (seriously), but we don't have an ETA on when we'll be implementing this change just yet. As it stands, it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization, so hang in there!

Ah the elusive Soon^tm. :) lol

I really do wonder about this, is it really that hard/complicated/huge impact, to implement, I mean, really?

At the lol side, if this gets implemented will the comma stack size be 1000? If you reach that stack size will it be seperated by a comma??? :p :p :p

Thanks, OP, just logged on to comment. Had a good laugh :)

The sad thing is that in this tongue in cheek thread with some quite humorous posts THIS post makes me laugh the most.
Did Activision use commas in the contract to buy back $2.34 billion in cash worth of stock from Vivendi last week?
07/30/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Luca
Did Activision use commas in the contract to buy back $2.34 billion in cash worth of stock from Vivendi last week?

The French do not use commas as we do and Blizz knows they are not intelligent enough to understand it if they did use them so...

Besides, how else are they gonna get away with putting a plate of croissants on the table while they remove a zero from the contract? =D
Hmm, why does a bit of punctuation require so much effort on Blizzard's part? I'm patient with major game issues, but !@#$ like this is ludicrous. Put a comma in! I have an astigmatism and I can't make out numbers because of the tiny, yellow, and commaless zeroes in the AH. I have to count them with the cursor to be sure. Think about it as an accessibility issue.
Nice Whoop!

+1
Are you kidding? You want them to work on a solution for people who can't count their zeroes? If you have a problem with this, quit playing Diablo and go back to elementary school.

Edit: To all the people who actually think this is an issue
Dno why you people think they are making so much less on this game than on WoW. There might not be a subscription, but the RMAH is a solid steady source of income for blizzard. Even at the minimum purchase, multiply that over how every many thousands of transactions they make a day. It adds up quickly.

Keep pretending they aren't making money on this game every single day, it's cute.

Hey now, he gave us 5 commas, 2 exclamation points, and 2 periods already.
07/30/2013 11:30 AMPosted by Whitt107

Hey now, he gave us 5 commas, 2 exclamation points, and 2 periods already.

*She

Ok... I love the fact a blue posted on this. However, why force such a small and simple change (such as the addition of commons in prices while entering them in the sell tab) in with some massive changes that are going to take a long time (itemization). Please no more "Blizzard special packages (no ETA incuded)". Try this, if you find a problem categorize how long it takes to fix. Using a time listing estimate and put bugs/issues that belong together by repair/change times in one patch at faster intervals. Thus giving daily-weekly patches with multiple fixes landing at once.

Level 1 Repair/Change time - Minutes-24 hours (Example: Commas in sell tab)

Level 2 Repair/Change time - Days-Week (Suggestion: Auto-spawn pets upon game join for all classes pets. Enable/Disable by right clicking the skill on your bar)

Level 3 Repair/Change time - Months-Expansion (Example: Itemization)

Good luck, either way I love the game and still play every day.
-LastRights
gimme cumma