Vivendi voting to put Blizzard into debt

General Discussion
Good i hope they bankrupt this crappy company
07/22/2013 11:45 AMPosted by DonDadda

But then where would you direct your exquisite rage?
07/22/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Shortydoowop

I'm not natural angry I'm just fed up with all Blizzards lies and horrible customer relations
07/22/2013 11:51 AMPosted by DonDadda

I'm not natural angry I'm just fed up with all Blizzards lies and horrible customer relations

Then don't buy their products.

I don't like Apple so I won't buy any of their overpriced products. I don't like what Microsoft tried to do with the XBone, so I won't buy a XBone.

I won't go on their forums to post this, however. It would turn me into a Troll.

It's already been seen in discount bins.

Really???

Where are you seeing this?

I still see Diablo III sitting on Wal*Mart shelves for 60 bones.
I don't dare approach GameStop because they don't markdown games for anyone.

Was a while ago but there were some threads about people seeing it discounted.
Maybe we can all chip in a buck after Vivendi sucks ATVI dry and buy it up at a steal then give it over to Brevik....
07/22/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Xeres
Vivendi has been a cancer to Blizzard. ActiBlizz really needs a divorce from that failed marriage.

the cure might be worse then the sickness though.

What happend Blizzard? How could it all go so much down ...
This is Divine Retribution for Blizzard

Blizzard devises a horrid loot system to drive peeps into the RMAH to increase it's revenues and now Blizzard is being looted by its majority share holder.

Really???

Where are you seeing this?

I still see Diablo III sitting on Wal*Mart shelves for 60 bones.
I don't dare approach GameStop because they don't markdown games for anyone.

Was a while ago but there were some threads about people seeing it discounted.

I believe you're thinking of the Toys R Us sale last summer when they were selling video games, including Diablo 3, for $10. They did that to clear inventory as they decided to leave the video game market.

As far as ActiBlizz being on the chopping block, it was announced just after D3's release last year that Vivendi was looking for a buyer, as they also decided to leave the video game market. The asking price was speculated to be $8 billion.

I'm wondering if this is the first step in spinning Acti-Blizz off as a separate company.

07/22/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Rav1n
Maybe we can all chip in a buck after Vivendi sucks ATVI dry and buy it up at a steal then give it over to Brevik....

Given what happened with Marvel Heroes, no, thank you.
First Dark Mage's Shade for 2 beez, now ActiBlizz for 3 beez! :D
so...call of duty and world of warcraft
don't make enough money combined?

say activision did the bobby thing and bought
out vivendi...does activision the company own
everything at that point or does bobby kotick?
so...call of duty and world of warcraft
don't make enough money combined?

say activision did the bobby thing and bought
out vivendi...does activision the company own
everything at that point or does bobby kotick?

More members on the board would be Activision-Blizzard, instead of Vivendi. Thus more decisions could be made by Activision-Blizzard (and no that doesn't mean Bobby.)
but isn't bobby like the super top,
overpaid dude who calls the shots?
aka: hey guys, make more CoDs.

He's just a CEO. I don't know his job responsibilities in particular, but usually they are guidance counselors trying to keep different Directors off one-another's back. While that sounds easy, it really is not because you're dealing with smart, skilled, and very devoted senior staff. They know the ins and outs and will accomplish what's needed to further their department, as they should, being their responsibility and all. CEO typically has very little power over day-to-day operations. Like I said: they just mediate battles when they flare up and nudge the company in a certain direction under the Board of Trustee's suggestion.

Again I am not familiar with his job position in particular. Just giving a general idea of "life of a CEO."

He's just a CEO. I don't know his job responsibilities in particular, but usually they are guidance counselors trying to keep different Directors off one-another's back. While that sounds easy, it really is not because you're dealing with smart, skilled, and very devoted senior staff. They know the ins and outs and will accomplish what's needed to further their department, as they should, being their responsibility and all. CEO typically has very little power over day-to-day operations. Like I said: they just mediate battles when they flare up and nudge the company in a certain direction under the Board of Trustee's suggestion.

Again I am not familiar with his job position in particular. Just giving a general idea of "life of a CEO."

lol wow this has got to be one of the most blatant examples of somebody talking about something they know nothing about.

LOL @ "he's just the CEO"

Yea..just the CEO. He has no influence/impact on the monetization, marketing, design, leadership (company operations overall). He's just the CEO.
07/22/2013 03:29 PMPosted by TeRRaRiZeR
Yea..just the CEO. He has no influence/impact on the monetization, marketing, design, leadership (company operations overall). He's just the CEO.

No, you're entirely misrepresenting what he said. The CEO has overall leadership, but he's not going to call up the lead designer and ask him how itemization is going. It's my understanding that Blizzard itself operates fairly autonomously, so really all he probably generally does is ask how much money they're making, and tells them to make more.

No, you're entirely misrepresenting what he said. The CEO has overall leadership, but he's not going to call up the lead designer and ask him how itemization is going. It's my understanding that Blizzard itself operates fairly autonomously, so really all he probably generally does is ask how much money they're making, and tells them to make more.

No, he is not going to call the lead designer and ask him about itemization. But he's going to sign off on how many resources are being allocated to further development of the product. And if that is not his call directly, he's going to hire a management team in place that share his vision and will carry it out. And if they don't, he'll fire them, and replace them with somebody who can.

Initially Blizzard ran independently from Activision but in 2010 there was a quiet corporate restructuring that put Tippl ahead of Morhaime at Blizzard. Tippl reports to only Kotick. Tippl is an old P&G executive (company that owns tide, dawn, and countless other household brands).

Kotick just earned almost $100M in bonuses this past year from exceeding revenue/profit goals on Activision-Blizzard businesses.

"A short history of Activision/Blizzard"

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252

March 30, 2010: In a "Activision Blizzard restructuring move", the above often quoted CFO (Chief Financial Officer) Thomas Tippl is, according to Massively and the L.A. Times put in charge as COO (Chief Operations Officer) of the "Blizzard business unit", with Mike Morhaime directly reporting to him, according to Joystiq Tippl basically gets paid more, the more revenue the company makes: