Is Ivgorod a theocracy?

Lore and Story
Ivgorod is the Monks' homeland. I was wondering what sort of government it has. Is it some type of monarchial system with the elder monks ruling as oligarchs, or is there some democracy involved? In our world, the Dalai Lama advocates democracy, and the Buddha himself was opposed to totalitarian systems.
I think it may be a theocracy. I believe the Book of Cain had a lot of lore about the various locals in the game. A friend is borrowing mine at the moment, and I can't quite remember all it said about the place, lol. I would definitely recommend checking it out when you get a chance!
07/27/2013 07:55 PMPosted by plokem
I think it may be a theocracy. I believe the Book of Cain had a lot of lore about the various locals in the game. A friend is borrowing mine at the moment, and I can't quite remember all it said about the place, lol. I would definitely recommend checking it out when you get a chance!

You might be right. In most RPGs, democracy usually isn't a factor. It's usually the good rulers/monarch vs. the evil rulers/monarchs, with the good ones being kind to the people and the evil ones being cruel. It's enough for me to know that Ivgorod is ruled by good ones, and that modern-day Buddhists embrace democracy and human rights.