Gearing help

Demon Hunter
Hey everyone!

I'm not a very high end player by any means, but I have a few questions so I can maybe get there.

1st off - I run the infinite discipline/gloom tanking spec fairly comfortably on mp 8
Since I started to late for the legacy gear I need my crit chance to be fairly high.
AR-600
Life-55k
Armor-4.5k
Damage-150k in game
Crit chance-55%
aps-2.5
crit damage-318%

Any suggestions on what I could do to run mp10?

EDIT: been working off an extremely low budget meaning all my gear w/o pieces ive found have cost me just over 15mill
Hey buddy ^.^

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VocaloidNyan-1582/hero/27359028

You can look at my calamity DH as a guide for 'balance'

What is your budget?

Ur gear:

I personally like the dex litany of the undaunted w/ crit damage for tanking. Also provides damage reduction vs elites.

Nat's ring needs some average damage/crit damage. Average damage might be cheaper.

I think you need some more vit somewhere. You could get inna's temperance with high vit or inna's favor with good dex/vit.

Try crafting bracers!

Once you can afford radient star gems, put a ruby in your calamity instead of the emerald. This is because of the calamity's high attack speed.

If you still feel low on hp, try getting a nat cloak with 200+ vit and replace gems in pants w/ emeralds.

I don't like the fact that ur ammy is keeping ur hp up. You could get lucky and craft a really awesome vit amulet like on my wizard (you need a lot of luck so don't bother lol)

You could also try getting a deadman's legacy with 250+ vit, these are cheap.

Build :

Try this, I used to do it and thought it was pretty fun. Put custom engineering instead of perfectionist, replace mark of death rune with mortal enemy, and sentry rune to chain of torment.

You goal is to mark your target (particularly elite packs), and plant chains. Make sure ur chains are hitting ur marked target. The more chains hitting ur target, the more hatred you gain. Spam lots of spike traps ^.^

Builds vary and you can experiment to however u like.
07/25/2013 06:14 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Once you can afford radient star gems, put a ruby in your calamity instead of the emerald. This is because of the calamity's high attack speed.

Why would I use a ruby in this case? With my high(ish) cc and low cd wouldn't I benefit more from an emerald?
You would think that, but its because of the high min/max damage at high tier gems, and high attack speed on calamity, ruby out performs the emerald.

Dps scales damage and attack speed together. Because the calamity has 'low' damage high attack speed, giving it average damage benefits more than the crit damage. This is why good calamity users havr very high average damage on their gear if possible. But because we aren't using an emerald on weapon, we need some crit damage.

As a side note: even if I had 100% crit chance, 1 ruby, 1 emerald out performs 2 emeralds by a long shot (marquise tier gems)
Also my DML is over 250 vit :P and...

07/25/2013 06:14 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
What is your budget?

Its so low Id call any upgrades impossible - I have 20m with me right now...
basically through all my extra time ive played this game and got 1 good drop that I sold for 60m which I split between dh/barb/wz

07/25/2013 06:28 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Dps scales damage and attack speed together. Because the calamity has 'low' damage high attack speed, giving it average damage benefits more than the crit damage.

Thanks didnt know :)
Your damage is too low for MP10... I have similar DPS (167K) so I know what I'm talking about. I usualy play coop MP6-MP7. I play a tank Gloomless build.

1- Find or craft a better amulet (with more CC, CD and base damage) You can get a lot of DPS with a new amulet.

2- Upgrade your gem in your helm.

3- Put some Emerald for more Dext (more DPS) in your pants

4- Put a Ruby in your calamity (+160/+160). This will help a lot. (160*1.48*1.76)+1100 = 1517. Good for your sentry (Sentry don't crit)

5- You play with a calamity, so you should try to find a Nat ring with base damage. You need base damage on your 2 ring and on amulet.

6- Craft new bracer with 5-6 CC for more DPS. (you can get a lot of DPS here)

7- Craft new shoulder with AR and Vit or by some cheap VileWard.

You should try Shurikan Cloud and Snapshot Gloom's life leach. Use gloom, then use shurikan Cloud. For 2 min, your Shurikan will have 15% LS. Usefull for any tank build.

We should try to play together. 2 tank DH = fun. Add me if you eventualy want to play with me.

sorry for my bad english....

Good luck!
We should try to play together. 2 tank DH = fun

Then have Nyan dps? :O
We should try to play together. 2 tank DH = fun

Then have Nyan dps? :O

Sounds like fun to me :), with your dps mp10 will be a breeze :)
It's always cool to play with Nyan and see some Nyan's thing!!!

2 tank DH and 1 Nyan DH.

:)
Well ill be on for awhile if either of you wanna send me a friend request at cronos#1844
See you maybe tonight. I will be there arround 20h00. (in 10 hours)