5 class Challenge roster done, whos shopping

Wizard
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
np pie, in fact u can assume leadership if u like?
as far as a course of action we went with wiz/barb/wd/monk
cause monk/wiz mandatory imo
wd/barb cause those guys were willing to play and were able to record

shopping idk what were going to do exactly we need to hash out our shopping strategy today and tomorrow

the dhs had quite a bit of drama in their thread and Morpheus decided he didnt want to sponsor them anymore due to the conduct that occured in there (he may have extended an olive branch but Morpheus isnt very popular in the dh community rite now i think)

dhs however are funding themselves in the hopes of showing blizzard how flawed their class is
As the CM playing, I'd like to request my shoppers get me the following:

CC: 60% would be ideal, but 50% is probably bare minimum
IAS: Since I'm not DPSing and lock is my whole function, 3.01 would be nice
Armor: 3500+
AR: 650+
Health: 40k+ (although 45k would be much more comfortable)
LoH: 700+ (although 800 would be much more comfortable)
APoC; 18+

DPS: Don't care.

Items I think would work well:
IAS chant's wand (DPS not important, so should be able to get a fast one for cheap)
APOC chant's force (DPS not important, so should be able to get one for cheap)
Nats boots and ring
non-cc mempo
VW
lacuni bracers (depending on if we can hit the 3.01 bp with other gear purchases)
BT pants or Inna's (depending on if we can hit the 3.01 bp with other gear purchases)
cc/ias/ehp (or loh) rare ring
cc/ias rare gloves (maybe T&T's)
TR chest
WH belt (with weak CD to keep cost down)

The key for the CM role is to almost completely forego CD and build as tanky and as fast as possible, with as much CC as you can reasonably get. Put those together for me, and no bad guys will move, ever..... Well almost never. ;)

Of course, having never built a set from scratch, I may be crazy in thinking this can be accomplished for < 500m (or whatever we decide is the budget). But I have faith in RV and Void and our other shoppers.

Go team Wiz! ;)
Another thought... Since we're not going for DPS with the wiz, we could skimp on Vit in the buying process, and slot Amethysts instead of Topaz.
Joe...have you considered maybe a low fire dmage Andy's as an alt to Mempo? I assume you would be running safe passage?
Could do that, I suppose. But I like the ehp of the mempo, and hate the idea of additional fire damage, no matter how low. but you get the IAS and thus DPS out of Andy's. *shrug* I could probably make either work.

That brings to light an interesting question regarding gearing and purchases. If we want to test several things out, and are willing to pay for the ones we don't use out of our own pockets, is that an acceptable route to take?

In this case, could we buy both a non-cc Mempo and a low fire damage Andy's, try them both out, and only count the one we end up using towards the 4B limitation?
i know what the cm will be like , no worries. not sure about barb and monk right now though
Interesting idea Joe. I do have some Str andy's I was testing on my barb earlier. I think I have an all res one, a double str one and an OS one if you want to try em out.
For tank wiz, I think i'd be pretty easy to slot in Firewalkers to proc conflag for the damage buff. You could drop ColdBlooded, obviously. Keep evo for the freeze. Or go 3.01 and keep coldblooded. I mean, you do what to contribute *some* DPS.

With firewalkers its trivial to get to about 53.5CC. If you want more, then it'd be maxing CC on items to get to 55+. Ofc, low 50's CC at 3.01 would be plenty.

Andy's helm is an interesting idea. If you go mempo then its like dropping 5.5 CC from the SC...and needs to be made up elsewhere....(i.e. need CC Nats. Not good if doing firewalkers). And andy's makes it easier to get to 3.01 (with low-mid 50's CC).

Firewalkers kinda compliment Andy's helm because of the Fire resistance. Not sure if that cancels out the "%fire damage taken" but should help.
07/22/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Void
i know what the cm will be like , no worries. not sure about barb and monk right now though

Will it be like I requested? ;)
gl with wiz team. Love when Steel is active and everyone else. very solid players.
Witch Doctor gear
Online Excel I prepared & prefilled with targets: http://sdrv.ms/13ZlMJv

Had a call with Gendehar#1108 - we will go Skorn and Bats SOJ.
Pie:

I feel like the 7cc from Nat's is almost irreplaceable, especially if going with non-cc Mempo. Maybe Nat's helm + ring + Firewalkers? Then you gain: CC, Conflag, unwanted Fear procs, and lose IAS, and EHP. I've never personally messed around with Nats helm+ring combo, but I have seen others make it work....

Re: Passives: Even now, at 2.74, with 60%cc, I never run Evo. And at 3.01 I certainly won't need it. Could go CM/CB/Conflag or CM/Conflag/UA (just in case).
Hey guys look at my profile right now. This was bought in 15 minutes with all buyouts. The wand and source are all I did not buy and the total bill was 75M. 61CC, 2.81 IAS (one more 9 and you get 3.01 with bubble), I soloed MP10 D and his shadow was unable to escape and call in the clones. DPS is atrocious but we would have 3.9B to use on the true DPS classes. Here is the D3UP.
http://d3up.com/b/886291
I would like to get a group together tonight to run it with. But no-one else can use frost nova otherwise it will not be a very realistic experience.

Edit: Also the fear is less than 2% and 95% of the competition will be bosses who are immune to fear anyway.
07/22/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Void

void can u please post approximate stats, this competition is supposed to take place out in the open, which is why the other classes posted their dps multiplier findings in open space

Also as an aside.
do u guys need additional threads for gearing and whatnot. If so i would like to make those threads so that itll be easy for me to find em when i have to make the wrap up summary after the competition
Hey guys look at my profile right now. This was bought in 15 minutes with all buyouts. The wand and source are all I did not buy and the total bill was 75M. 61CC, 2.81 IAS (one more 9 and you get 3.01 with bubble), I soloed MP10 D and his shadow was unable to escape and call in the clones. DPS is atrocious but we would have 3.9B to use on the true DPS classes. Here is the D3UP.
http://d3up.com/b/886291
I would like to get a group together tonight to run it with. But no-one else can use frost nova otherwise it will not be a very realistic experience.

yeah i was gonna post paras post from the other thread, we could easily sub in firewalkers if we could move some of those ehp stats to other slots
id assume that we would have to get absolute piss-poor dps on the chants set tho, but i think that would be ok
For wiz, I could imagine:

3.01 AS with 52.5 CC (or maybe up to 54)

1.77 wand - can get to 3.01 with six 9's and two 8's (or seven 9's and one 7)
ring#1 - 4.5CC, 9 IAS, AR, int
ring#2 - 4.5CC, Litany at 7 IAS
Andy's helm - 9 IAS (4.5 CC), <10%fire taken
WH - 9 IAS, AR, maybe Armor. low CD
ammy - 9 IAS and 9.5 CC. some CD. AR. etc
Force - 9 IAS and 9.5 CC
TRRP - 9 IAS AR/armor
gloves - 9 IAS and 9.5 CC and AR, etc
(depending on litany price, it could be 8 IAS and one other 9 could then be 8)

* need 400 LoH somewhere (ring or ammy)

others:
Firewalkers, Armor/AR
BT pants - (AR/VIT)
VW - INT/VIT
bracers - rare, 5.5 CC, AR/Armor, VIT, etc

Actives: ET, EB, FN, DS, SA with bubble.
passives: CM, CB, conflag
Steel we need to spend the next two days determining budget allocation. I think we can gear the WIZ up for less than 150M with gems. I would like to know from Barb, WD, and Monk players how much they need to hit the apex this competition will allow.
I'll start a wiz gearing thread for discussion.
For wiz, I could imagine:

3.01 AS with 52.5 CC (or maybe up to 54)

1.77 wand - can get to 3.01 with six 9's and two 8's (or seven 9's and one 7)
ring#1 - 4.5CC, 9 IAS, AR, int
ring#2 - 4.5CC, Litany at 7 IAS
Andy's helm - 9 IAS (4.5 CC), <10%fire taken
WH - 9 IAS, AR, maybe Armor. low CD
ammy - 9 IAS and 9.5 CC. some CD. AR. etc

Force - 9 IAS and 9.5 CC
TRRP - 9 IAS AR/armor
gloves - 9 IAS and 9.5 CC and AR, etc
(depending on litany price, it could be 8 IAS and one other 9 could then be 8)

* need 400 LoH somewhere (ring or ammy)

others:
Firewalkers, Armor/AR
BT pants - (AR/VIT)
VW - INT/VIT
bracers - rare, 5.5 CC, AR/Armor, VIT, etc

Actives: ET, EB, FN, DS, SA with bubble.
passives: CM, CB, conflag

cd costs money id rather get ehp and loh on the ammy i think
I will look for it. One question though. Why hit 3.01 when bubble will get us there and the doc can give even more? We don't need storm armor since we are forgoing DPS and every party member will get the IAS boost as long as they stay in the bubble.