Help: Belial snakes not possible for Demon Hunter

Demon Hunter
That fight was hard release -> 1.0.3. Maybe if you are poorly geared and do the fight on Inferno MP10 it would be difficult.

Dodge, Dip, Dive, Duck and Dodge.

Little information given but the Vault and Caltrops idea works very well.
You ask about how PoE takes skill? I partied with some of the best 6 mans on the server and a lot of players would give currency just for gearing advice. I just don't want to grind for 30 hours to beat a simple boss scene and shouldn't have to whip out my credit card to beat nightmare. The fact is demon hunters lack regenerative abilities and ranged lifesteal stinks. you can't have a nats reflection and boots at level 30 so DH is literally crippled in boss fights until 60. Thats why im "struggling".
07/22/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Love
. I just don't want to grind for 30 hours to beat a simple boss scene and shouldn't have to whip out my credit card to beat nightmare.

Get a bow with a socket. Throw in higher level Ruby Belial crumbles. Snakes plead for mercy. Add in a Hellfire Ring and let destruction rain down.
OP is talking about how to deal with this situation without the gear requirements. Something a lot of people are either unfamiliar with, or completely lost sight of and are disconnected from now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WcYhkX!bVd!aabaaZ

Vit equipment, dual wield a life steal and a life on hit bow with max discipline on both and on cloak.

Start the battle by placing down the Sentry and a couple of Caltrops. The Spider and the Caltrops will help reveal the snakes. Jagged Spikes and the Sentry will weaken the damage of the snakes through numbing traps, and the Jagged Spikes will return health to you through life steal. With enough vit, you improve the worth of Brooding, and combination of life steal/life on hit, Smokescreen, and Brooding by you enough time to soak hits.

The hardest part is the first batch because they're the closest. The faster you deal with them the further away the others will be.

EDIT: This relies on your abilities to get through the scenario. If you still have trouble being surrounded, then remove Rapid Fire for Vault or Preparation and change Vengeance for Tactical Advantage:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WdYhkX!ZVd!aZbaaZ

Against Belial dodge the meteors and move back toward the center, don't ever go up into one of the corners unless you have NO CHOICE, because otherwise, the timing of the meteors could trap you.

You can practice against the snakes in "A Royal Audience" and come up with a gameplan of your own, too.
Love -

Let them get close and kite them leaving a trail of overlapping caltrops. I prefer the 80% slow one for them. Its the tactic I use on the huge packs that run around the oasis. IIRC vaulting away increases the chance that they go invisible again but once you get them snared after they appear they still try to close the distance.

While they are snared and stacking up on your caltrops, AOE them down, falling back with more caltrops for them.
07/22/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Love
Conclusion: only noobs play PoE
I placed top 30 in more than 1 race and it wasn't lucky at all. That game is more tough than this, requires better planning and you have to understand the gems to make it all work and that requires intelligence.

if it is tougher than D3 and you are successful....... then the whole post seems a moot point.

Snakes are not that hard to deal with and I agree... first complaint I've heard about snakes.

Re Belial and SS ..... don't be near the middle of the area where he appears when the snakes are all killed and he pops down from the overlook.
How did the OP get through Dalgur Oasis to get to Belial? With the increase Dalgur Oasis density now, I sometimes get swarmed by 20 or so serpents who only appear (and hittable) once they're literally on top of you from all sides.

How are a few Belial snakemen tougher?

Anyway, for me it's Spike Trap scatter with numbing traps, night stalker, bola bitter pill, guardian aid turret and spam gloom.

20%+35%+15%= 70% damage reduction and constant resource regeneration = no prob.
07/22/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Love
You ask about how PoE takes skill? I partied with some of the best 6 mans on the server and a lot of players would give currency just for gearing advice. I just don't want to grind for 30 hours to beat a simple boss scene and shouldn't have to whip out my credit card to beat nightmare. The fact is demon hunters lack regenerative abilities and ranged lifesteal stinks. you can't have a nats reflection and boots at level 30 so DH is literally crippled in boss fights until 60. Thats why im "struggling".

Smoked normal and nightmare in blues and yellows. If you have so much skill you shouldn't need nats or any other legs to beat the easymode that is normal and nightmare. I find it funny you consider yourself crippled and struggling when you claim this game is so much easier. I agree that it is easier so the funny part is where you claim to be top 30 in a harder game but lack the skill to play an easier game.
Consider using a shield.
How did the OP get through Dalgur Oasis to get to Belial? With the increase Dalgur Oasis density now, I sometimes get swarmed by 20 or so serpents who only appear (and hittable) once they're literally on top of you from all sides.

How are a few Belial snakemen tougher?

Anyway, for me it's Spike Trap scatter with numbing traps, night stalker, bola bitter pill, guardian aid turret and spam gloom.

20%+35%+15%= 70% damage reduction and constant resource regeneration = no prob.

No density increase before Inferno.
I opened this thread expecting a Snakes on a Plane joke.
Was this a troll thread moved in from General Discussion or something?

This seems like one of those times where L2P is a justifiable response.

http://youtu.be/DvFMl7dNEt8

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499700555
I took all the advice here and nothing really helped. I don't have a dumb canes set to speedlevel my stats and i dont want to pay for a reduced level weapon. pretty much not possible without a barb or monk in the party.
Albeit it was not on hardcore, I had no problems with my DH (it's on EU realm, don't be confused by my US profile) on Belial before Inferno - and I started it as my first toon without any funds and within an economy that had yet to find any godly items.

Caltrops is really good to deal with the snakes, as are spike traps. Use your turret. You don't need to pay for a reduced lvl weapon, but I would also advise you get a socketed weapon and put in the biggest ruby you can get. Put also the biggest amethyst in your helmet. Get the highest posible armor rating. Armor is a very efficient means to reduce incoming damage, as it helps against all types of damage.
07/24/2013 10:25 PMPosted by Love
I took all the advice here and nothing really helped. I don't have a dumb canes set to speedlevel my stats and i dont want to pay for a reduced level weapon. pretty much not possible without a barb or monk in the party.

That is bullocks right there. Its completely possible with out cains, monk, barb or reduced level. Good advice has been given. Apparently it was poorly implemented.
OP,

I think the good fellows here just wasted their few mins (or more) to try to help as it seems you are not putting in effort (in-game) and here (to explain your difficulties more elaboratively, other than the snakes would become invisible)
07/24/2013 10:25 PMPosted by Love

----------> back to POE then Mr Hero
I remember tanking those snakes with crap gear.

Ultimately I did it with this:

Bola Shot (Thunder Ball)
Strafe (Drifting Shadow) <--- Not for damage, but for positioning moving through units.
Shadow Power (Gloom)
Preparation (Battle Scars)
Smoke Screen (Lingering Fog)
Sentry (Guardian Turret)

Night Stalker/Archery (Hand Xbow)/Perfectionist

Run into a corner (Strafe helps a lot in doing this without being low on life), drop Sentry and Bola Shot the bunch of them materializing and pop Smoke Screen as they do (the LS won't kick in until a second later when the bolas start to explode, so the Smoke Screen keeps you alive until then), just as the bolas start to explode, start Shadow Power. At this point it's just a matter of pressing Shadow Power as it expires, keeping up the Sentry, and continue to fire bolas to tank them.

I remember what ultimately pushed it over the edge was the use of Strafe over Tumble to save Discipline for the initial positioning without taking too much damage to start. My gear sucked so much I couldn't afford the Tumble and the opening Smoke Screen before the Shadow Power (Gloom) and bolas explosion kicked in.
Nightmare?
What level are you and are you using level appropriate gear?
You really should provide more information.

Trying to think back to when I beat Belial in Nightmare, that was probably back in July of '12 so I'm not 100% on what build I used, which was before I stopped playing until last month.

Most likely though I was using HA of some sort and EA: Screaming Skull.

The game has changed a lot since then but SA would still probably help you keep them away from you. Maybe add a second High Damage Spender for once you get passed the first 2 Phases.
Third phase goes slow with SA as the primary damage source.

Best tip for Snakes is to Listen to Them.
Yes, listen and watch.
They usually Rattle right before they come out of invis.

Listen for the Rattle, watch for the blurring of the invis and start unloading.

Other option is to do the above but pop SS right when they get to you and back out.
If you're using a Templar they will come out of invis and start attacking him if you SS at the right time.
At that point you can just mop them up.
The Templar also is good for tying up Belial during phase 2 and eating his melee in phase 3.

You'll probably have to make a bunch of attempts, just to get the timing down.
OP's lack of profile link makes this thread worthless.

My DH isn't exactly godly, and I just ran the Belial battle at MP6 in three minutes. Snakes and all.