Cutscenes missing ...

Mac Technical Support
I played Diablo III in 2 different computers. Once I finished a chapter in one computer, I can't replay the cutscenes in another computer, even I replayed the missions in that computer again, still can't see the cutscenes...
Bearcolin, you should open your D3Prefs.txt and add the following lines to it (or change their values to match what is in this post if they already exist) using TextEdit:

PlayedCutscene0 "1"
PlayedCutscene1 "15"
PlayedCutscene2 "23"
PlayedCutscene3 "143"

Your D3Prefs.txt is located in the following location:

/Users/AccountName/Library/Application Support/Diablo III/

In 10.6.8 you can navigate to this folder normally through the Finder or choose Go -> Go to Folder... from the Finder menubar and paste the line above into the text field and hit Enter and it will take you directly to that folder.

In 10.7 and later, you must hold down the Option key while selecting Go from the Finder menubar and select Library and navigate to the /Application Support/Diablo III folder or use the Go -> Go to Folder... command as in the instructions for 10.6.8.

Once you save the changes to D3Prefs.txt (after opening it with TextEdit), you will have your cutscenes back again.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
That works! Thanks!
Sorry, but I just found that Chapter III is still missing. And the value of PlayedCutscene2 auto turns to "0" after I quit the game...
I've been searching for solutions... And after I found the meaning of the values of PlayedCutscene0,1,2,3, I edited the txt file again and set to:

PlayedCutscene0 "31"
PlayedCutscene1 "31"
PlayedCutscene2 "23"
PlayedCutscene3 "143"

(I also tried 15 or 7 for Cutscene0, 1)

That might have bring my cutscenes back, but it didn't...
And when I get in to the game, the fist cutscene played automatically, then I checked my cinematics list that all of Act II and III are empty... and only the opening CG left for Act I. Act IV seems have no change. After I quit the game program, the txt file has been modified automatically to:

PlayedCutscene0 "1"
PlayedCutscene1 "0"
PlayedCutscene2 "0"
PlayedCutscene3 "143"

Changing the values back seems not working, because the numbers will be reset every time after I get in to the game.

So... What can I do now?

PlayedCutscene0 "31"
PlayedCutscene1 "31"
PlayedCutscene2 "23"
PlayedCutscene3 "143"

And I've tried to do the same thing on another Mac, this time all the cutscenes are back... that's weird!
For people whose cutscenes are missing and whose preference file is ignoring their settings, you can try immediately starting a quick Normal level game starting on the last quest in Act 4 and killing Diablo. Make sure to complete the quest by talking to the NPC to "end" the game via the "Congratulations" screen. This should trigger the game to "verify" you have seen all cutscenes and allow the preference file to keep your modifications.
Thank you, but I have already replaced the txt file with the one on the other Mac. Now all my cutscene are back. :P
08/02/2013 01:52 PMPosted by bearcolin
Thank you, but I have already replaced the txt file with the one on the other Mac. Now all my cutscene are back. :P

Be careful about doing that - each machine's preference file contains settings pertaining to their hardware class and both machines might not be in the same class, causing graphical anomalies after the preferences transfer.
Thanks. It looks fine so far. And I've changed the performance settings after replaced the txt file, still have chance to get the problems?
08/04/2013 11:48 AMPosted by bearcolin
Thanks. It looks fine so far. And I've changed the performance settings after replaced the txt file, still have chance to get the problems?

The only thing you really would have to watch out for is the entry marked hardwareClass, as that controls how the spells are displayed and which effects are allowed, potentially making things better or worse visually while making performance better or worse (the worse things get visually, the better the performance gets in this case).

It won't blow anything up, but it could cause some major confusion as to why you aren't seeing things as nicely as before.