Blizzard, is self-found on the way?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
08/07/2013 05:01 AMPosted by FreeWilly
self found is hard work?

Self found is like asking players to have no HUD in a FPS, don't make them a better player, only there alter ego thinks they are.
Solution: Hardcore.

You're welcome.

I have a level 60 hardcore WD in inferno act 4 and I still want a self found mode....

Hardcore was the most fun I had playing the game but it would be cool if there was a self found mode so I could have the same fun without !@#$ting my pants every time my health goes below 50%!
08/07/2013 04:44 AMPosted by Cyberbard
This thread is about loot rewards and recognition for hard work.

I LOL @ this...recognition for hard work LOL
I think a self found mode would help make the multiplayer part of the game more fun as well. Its not exactly fun to join a public game just to find everyone has paid for gear that demolishes everything before you even have a chance to cast a spell.

In a self found mode people would be more encouraged to help each other out. Maybe if I found something cool that I couldn't use I would offer it to the people im playing with, and because its all self found they might actually be upgrades for them. It could help encourage players to work together and trade more instead of using the AH.

Uh, that's what MP is for. Don't join a MP that exceeds your character's ability. Even in a SF found mode, if your 50K DPS character joins a MP10 SF pub game, you're going to get flamed to death.

Trading and giving away/obtaining gear from others is not SF.

Well by self found I mean everything is found and traded between players in game.

And I know how to join games lol. Its makes me laugh when people argue against something that would be a totally OPTIONAL addition to the game. If you don't want self found fine, why are you here in this thread? Others DO want self found.
08/07/2013 08:38 AMPosted by TimeSpike
I think a self found mode would help make the multiplayer part of the game more fun as well. Its not exactly fun to join a public game just to find everyone has paid for gear that demolishes everything before you even have a chance to cast a spell.

Ok, now this I can see being helpful. Adding self-found to the game type choices when doing public games. A reasonable request.

In a self found mode people would be more encouraged to help each other out. Maybe if I found something cool that I couldn't use I would offer it to the people im playing with, and because its all self found they might actually be upgrades for them. It could help encourage players to work together and trade more instead of using the AH.

But if I used an item someone else found, then its not self found anymore is it? Self found means the player using that character found it for themselves. If you trade and take items from a different player cause its better than what you have even if they found it in the same game, that's no different then buying a better item from the AH. Correct?

Ok, now this I can see being helpful. Adding self-found to the game type choices when doing public games. A reasonable request.

But if I used an item someone else found, then its not self found anymore is it? Self found means the player using that character found it for themselves. If you trade and take items from a different player cause its better than what you have even if they found it in the same game, that's no different then buying a better item from the AH. Correct?

It is different than buying through AH. In AH you can see ALL items and buy the best. If you are trading with other players who are also self found you will be trading gear, this promotes communication. Also the gear will still most likely not be the godly gear you buy in the AH, but gear that the other guy just doesn't need anymore and would be a small upgrade to what you have found. Its more about having a funner game with better communication and a more stable economy then really being only "self found". That is my vision anyways it may differ from others vision of "self found".

It is different than buying through AH. In AH you can see ALL items and buy the best. If you are trading with other players who are also self found you will be trading gear, this promotes communication. Also the gear will still most likely not be the godly gear you buy in the AH, but gear that the other guy just doesn't need anymore and would be a small upgrade to what you have found. Its more about having a funner game with better communication and a more stable economy then really being only "self found". That is my vision anyways it may differ from others vision of "self found".

Well, many may disagree with you. I get what you are trying to say, but then it becomes same game found, not self found. If you yourself didn't find it, then its not really self found. Simple really. Self found can mean many things. Often I hear, "I found it on the AH all by myself!" But I take it to mean, only items your character picks up from the battles, chests, rocks, bone piles, etc. throughout the game as you play. My version doesn't even allow me to buy anything from any vendors. No potions, no dyes, no items. I can use the blacksmith and the jeweler though, providing I use only materials I pick up or salvage from items I pick up.

Cheers!

Not saying you can't play that way, but just trying to point out the flaw in the logic is all. lol
He does not have an account profile anyway! So not worries, and the ah is not going away! Even posting about it gets your posts removed! They deleted on of mine and all i had said was shut it down for long enough to clear all items off and make all items account bound before they reopen since there are so many duped items.

Well, many may disagree with you. I get what you are trying to say, but then it becomes same game found, not self found. If you yourself didn't find it, then its not really self found. Simple really. Self found can mean many things. Often I hear, "I found it on the AH all by myself!" But I take it to mean, only items your character picks up from the battles, chests, rocks, bone piles, etc. throughout the game as you play. My version doesn't even allow me to buy anything from any vendors. No potions, no dyes, no items. I can use the blacksmith and the jeweler though, providing I use only materials I pick up or salvage from items I pick up.

Cheers!

Not saying you can't play that way, but just trying to point out the flaw in the logic is all. lol

Well my logic isn't flawed because I defined my version of self found as being basically a no AH mode. Others define it the way you did, neither is wrong just different perspectives.
08/07/2013 09:16 AMPosted by TimeSpike
Well my logic isn't flawed because I defined my version of self found as being basically a no AH mode. Others define it the way you did, neither is wrong just different perspectives.

A mode where you play only with other players who do not have access to the AH's. GAH has lost its appeal because the currency used can be acquired through the P2W AH morphing them into the same.
I think the people participating in this debate generally come from three different camps:

1) The gold sellers / RMAH users, who actually have something to lose from self-found. They know self-found would be better for the game, but they will still flame every thread that brings up the subject.

2) Normal players, like me, who do want self-found. Or, I should say, just the removal of the RMAH. I don't really care which form that takes. Give us a mode, or remove the RMAH, or simply tag my character. Remove the pay2win support from Diablo. That's probably how many of us feel.

3) People who are sort of neutral, but still defend the RMAH by saying it doesn't impact the game unless you let it. I'd argue this is like saying the Protestant / Catholic conflict on Northern Ireland doesn't have to affect you unless you let it. Absurd, obviously, because it will impact the community around you whether you actively take part or not. This camp needs to realise that if the Diablo 3 community considers the RMAH items to be the best items in the game, then that's what they are. Everything you ever find as self-found, however big an improvement it might be for your character, will still be junk. Crap. Bollocks.

Again, self-found, or 'AH free mode' if you will, is not for prestige. It's not meant to make anyone feel better than others, or like a special snowflake. If you seriously believe that, then you are not only clueless when it comes to game design, but also completely clueless on Diablo and what the game is all about.

What it IS about, though, is putting the sense of accomplishment back in the game. Spending countless hours in the same loot slot machine is only interesting if you feel like you have a shot at winning it. Sure, in theory you could win the jackpot. But as long as the RMAH exists, all you ever find will feel obsolete and bad. Like grinding for the previous expansions' loot in WoW.

People who work hard and grind a lot need to feel like they are at the endgame, in the competitive race towards the most badass character. This can never, I repeat NEVER, happen if people can buy the best gear.
Blizz is aware of the demand for a self found ladder and we might see this in the item patch. There would be no ah, no trading and all loot is BOA.
im playing self found on my sc chars now

i had a bit of a boost with plevels...but nonetheless

bought lvl55 vendor blues and started over...just on monday..