Nyan's FREE rapid fire gearing service (>^^)>

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 11 12 13 25 Next
Hi Nyan!

I have about a 700m budget.
Thursday hug! (>^^)>

I just back in the saddle and I'm trying to farm to paragon lvl 100 on MP10 in a full group of 4. I just started skimming over all this info about breaking points. It's all news to me, which I guess shows how out of it I am.

Thanks in advance,
Teiva
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/teiva-1435/hero/1461105
Ahhhhhhh a plan!!! Thanks a bunch Nyan, your points make so much sense. Didn't even think about armor.

<<grabs sack of gold, heads to AH>>

Usually what most people do is get ~ 4k armor/400 all resist and then stack vitality/life%.
@teiva

The breakpoints are there because the game runs at 60 frames per second and attack speed simply divides actions within these frames (1 attack per 30 frames, 31 frames, etc.)

Ill start gearing once I come home
@teiva

The breakpoints are there because the game runs at 60 frames per second and attack speed simply divides actions within these frames (1 attack per 30 frames, 31 frames, etc.)

Ill start gearing once I come home

Thank you! Much appreciated. I will read your original post at full length after work, as well.
Hi Nyan

I have a 100m budget, and would like to improve my rapid fire DH.
Here is your hug! (>^^)>
Here's a link to my profile.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/NetSmasher-1442/hero/26265832

I usually alternate between solo key farming and group key/uber runs at MP8-9 with P80+ Monk&WD.

I have trouble soloing around MP7 and definitely gets 1-shotted vs ubers in MP8-9 if I'm not careful and I'd like to see what I can do to improve gear-wise.

Thank you!
Hi Nyan

I have a 100m budget, and would like to start a rapid fire DH after just coming back since not playing since before 1.0.8 .
Here is your hug! (>^^)>
Here's a link to my profile.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Drathmar-1226/hero/1395125

Mostly do solo farming runs. I actually prefer not to use bombardment if possible but will.

Been trying out the build I currently have up and am able to reliably farm up to MP 4 and would like to get that higher. Thanks in advance.
Nyan is awesome.

Thats all for now.

Goodnight
@DrWho <(^^<)

Why are you using tal rasha's? xD

1. Get similar vile ward's to yours but with pick up radius

2. Inna's temperance with 140+ vitality with 9 ias. 9 ias is very important! Then put emeralds in pants.

3. Natayla's reflection with 9 ias. If your main dps is rapid fire, I recommend high crit damage. Again 9 ias is very important!

4. 20 ias deadman's legacy with good rapid fire bonus. Because this is 20 ias, this can be expensive.

5. Litany of the undaunted with crit damage (replace rare ring). I recommend this because your all resistance is low.

6. Marquise ruby + Marquise emerald combo in manticore.

Crafting orders -> amulet, bracers, gloves, shoulders

9 + 9 + 20 = 38 ias
10 ias manticore

Breakpoint checked.

In terms of skills...

try changing vault with bat companion,
tactical with vengence,
gloom with shadow glide,
punishment to another rune like back up plan,
sentry to caltrops jagged spikes.,
and evasive fire to bola shot (don't use acid rune).

You can also try not using a hatred regenerator and use mark for death mortal enemy.

What mp level are you playing? Do you solo or group play mostly? I'll need more information on what your doing with your DH.

@Teiva <(^^<)

You have fairly decent gear already, but you need some tweaking.

1. Get 220+ dex/vitality vile wards with pick up radius.

2. crit chance mempo of twilight. This should be about 250m. the 4 to 4.5 crit chance ones are 350-550m. Very very expensive to get a bit more crit chance lol

3. 15 ias quiver with good rapid fire crit chance bonus. Prefer 250+ vitality. If crit chance mempo is 9 ias, quiver can be 14 ias. Note that quiver meant that it is very possible to find a rare quiver :P

4. Replace amulet with 7.5+ crit chance/85+ crit damage/high dex/stuff. Try crafting this before buying it! You may get lucky!

5. Replace wailing host with stone of jordan with rapid fire crit chance or litany of the undaunted with crit damage.

6. Replace inna's vast expanse with 250+ vitality/170+ dex version. I recommend this because this will result in high eHP.

I'm not too concerned about the breakpoints for demolition because this isn't the main damage dealer.

Rest of the money can be upgrading directly of what you have already (which tbh will be very hard)

9 + 8 + 9 + 14 + 9 =49 ias on gear
11 ias manticore.

Breakpoint checked

In terms of skills....

You want to make sure you use skills that benefit the party the most, as well make sure your not too fast or too slow. Here is what I recommend:

Change blood moon to shadow glide (mobility),
strafe to mark for death mortal enemy
Vault to bat companion
Preparation to another rune (like innovation)

You can also try vault acrobatics if you really like vault, and caltrops torturous ground (for kiters)

Working on Netsmasher and Drathmar. Gimme time :O

@D3MON

<(^^<)
Hej Nyan.

Would you mind looking over my spec please? (profile available at EU server ;)) I have way too less EHP/ All res and with that said even not enough damage. ^^ I would like to farm Paragon at mp7 or above but actually am pretty broke. =D
I like playing RF with Fire Support fo elites and Ball Lightning for Trash clearing.

<(^^<)
^(^.^)^
(>^^)>
Can I get some advice on my gear please? I'm looking to farm MP10, would appreciate any advice

I can buy some Gold on the RMAH, but I'd say my budget is around 500m as I don't want to spend too much, also - Hugs <3

And if you have any advice on farming gold I would appreciate that as well, I just came back from a very long break from Diablo 3 and am looking to jump head first back into the game... :)
@NetSmasher <(^^<)

The main issue with your gear is :

Not enough crit damage
Not enough vitality
Not enough all resist
How do you plan on getting discipline back
Spent too much on gems

1. Get 120+ inna's temperance w/ 9 ias. Go all emeralds now.
2. Get natalya's reflection w/ crit damage and maybe all resist.
3. Get natayla's sight with all resist and crit chance.
4. Get vile wards with 201+ dex/vitality/pick up radius.

Crafting priorities : Amulet -> Bracers -> gloves -> shoulders

Try to get an amulet similar to yours, but with much more crit damage.
Try to eventually replace that manticore, with a super badass one.
It maybe smart to downgrade your gems for now to have some cash for more upgrades.

Keep in mind for future upgrades that :

11 ias manticore requires 37 ias on gear
10 ias manticore requires 38 ias on gear

Skills:

This is my key warden hunting build for solo:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#dhVgcX!bZe!bZaYcZ

I use this for more group play.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#RYhgcX!bXe!bZZccc

My builds are very bombardment biased, but that's just because I feel that this rune outperforms the other runes when used in group play, and is the only rune that you can spam to be efficient. If you combine the other runes with other skills however, its a different story. As well, my builds have no hatred generator and rely on bat companion and vengeance for hatred.

In general for builds in general, you want to make sure that you have mobility, a source of discipline, shadow power (lol yes).

@Drathmar <(^^<)

If you wish not to use bombardment, make sure you have other AoE skills to compliment this.

Overall :

Low resist, low hp, super low crit damage.

1. Get 200+ vit/100+ dex natayla's embrace
2. Get natayla's reflection with crit damage.
3. Get natayla's bloody footprints with 170+ dex/vitality.
4. Get a single socket manticore with 170+ dex and 11 ias
5. Get Litany of the undaunted with crit damage
6. Get natayla's sight with crit chance and possibly all resist
7. Get inna's favor with 101+ dex/vitality.
8. Deadman's legacy with 20 ias, rapid fire crit chance and possibly 230+ vitality.
9. Similar vile wards to yours, but with 201+ dex. It might be better to get a 201+ dex/vit/pick up radius vile wards to place your bracers in the future.

Gems:

Star emeralds in chest/pants, flawless star in helm, perfect star in weapon.

Crafting priorities : Bracers -> Amulet -> Gloves -> Shoulders

Note that I didn't force you to spend all your gold. Try to save up some for when you can get a super badass manticore in the future ^.^

I'll need a link to your rapid fire build to give you advice on it :P

ill work on Winterheart and Toxygen when I wake up.......
VocaloidNyan. Thank you for the reply

I usually play either MP 8/9 or 10, but keep getting my !@# handed to me.

I try to play in groups but when I log on they are all full, so I mainly try to solo level up.

The only reason I use tal rasha's amulet is because it gives me crucial damage, My math skills suck and I never understand the whole life, damage, and protection system, so when I see an item that gives both high life and damage I buy it. I am happy to change it if you have other suggestions. I have since put a whole lot of money in my account and will endevour to get new pants and dead man's legacy as you requested as well as a marquee ruby. I am only guessing IAS means increased attack speed, as unfortunately regardless of how long I played diablo 2 and 3 I have never quite understood the abbreviations. Since your reply I have as I said got more money, will get pants and quiver, changed to bombardment for rapid fire and kept punishment so I can keep snapshoting a lot longer (this was suggested to me awhile ago)

In terms of skills

I appreciate the suggestions and I will keep experimenting until I find something that works

try changing vault with bat companion,
tactical with vengence,
gloom with shadow glide,
punishment to another rune like back up plan,
sentry to caltrops jagged spikes.,
and evasive fire to bola shot (don't use acid tune)

Any other suggestions would be great

Thank you so much
@Drathmar <(^^<)

If you wish not to use bombardment, make sure you have other AoE skills to compliment this.

Overall :

Low resist, low hp, super low crit damage.

1. Get 200+ vit/100+ dex natayla's embrace
2. Get natayla's reflection with crit damage.
3. Get natayla's bloody footprints with 170+ dex/vitality.
4. Get a single socket manticore with 170+ dex and 11 ias
5. Get Litany of the undaunted with crit damage
6. Get natayla's sight with crit chance and possibly all resist
7. Get inna's favor with 101+ dex/vitality.
8. Deadman's legacy with 20 ias, rapid fire crit chance and possibly 230+ vitality.
9. Similar vile wards to yours, but with 201+ dex. It might be better to get a 201+ dex/vit/pick up radius vile wards to place your bracers in the future.

Gems:

Star emeralds in chest/pants, flawless star in helm, perfect star in weapon.

Crafting priorities : Bracers -> Amulet -> Gloves -> Shoulders

Note that I didn't force you to spend all your gold. Try to save up some for when you can get a super badass manticore in the future ^.^

I'll need a link to your rapid fire build to give you advice on it :P

ill work on Winterheart and Toxygen when I wake up.......

Thanks for the reply, Lol I forgot I changed my build last night to try something weird. Here is the rapid fire build I currently use: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#Ucghdl!hXb!abYZbZ

Got all the stuff, ended up with lower resists but higher eHP and more damage, then crafted my bracers (only took 10 tries got 279 dex, 5.5 crit chance, 75 all resist which really boosted the damage and even another 8k ehp from the resists which put them around where they were before.

Also I've been messing around with bombardment more and it's not as bad as it first seemed to me just took getting use to so I am not completely against it anymore. I still like the others better but can use bombardment if its best. What would you suggest as an AoE if I don't use bombardment.
Nyan, how's it going?

I built the set I'm using now for reaaaaaally cheap (probably under 5m) and I have to say I really enjoy playing it, and it can PL on MP5... pretty well. If I run into elites of certain difficult types (Beasts, grotesques) I get rolled but otherwise I feel like I get along alright.

Are there any low-cost options you see for me to make dramatic upgrades? I've been crafting like a fiend but no real results yet. Got like 10m to spend.

My current profile shows my Calamity just so I could load it into d3up, check this:
http://d3up.com/b/1040055/moregearhold

Edit NM that I logged back in and bought some new crap. Jacked my stats way up on the cheap lol
@WinterHeart

Your build seems like it should work for lower mp levels. Keep in mind that exp gem + hellfire ring is almost equivalent as two mp levels in terms of experience.

Once you get to higher mp levels (particularly with 4 players), ball lightning alone won't be strong enough to clear trash. Actually my key warden act 2 build is same as yours but with bombardment rune instead.

Gearing I think you should do this (if you ever get money again):

Get vile wards similar to yours with pick up radius.

Get Natayla's embrace similar to yours but with max discipline instead of the pick up radius. Whenever you use prep -> punishment with 30 discipline, you can't use shadow power right after which hinders you a lot. I recommend to get at least 1 discipline item.

You do have a max discipline item already on your quiver, but I recommend this slot to have high stat rolls instead. 230+ vit/dex. This should help your hp more. Make sure your quiver is 19+ ias.

Your weapon has vitality. I recommend to go all our dps on the weapon. Weapon influences your dps way too much to consider eHP on it. Once you fix your hp issue, replace your weapon.

Try to squeeze more vitality out of your pants, maybe some in your gloves. Your resistance/armor is fine overall, just need more vitality or life%.

You definitely need more eHP in general.

@Toxygen

We gonna work on that DH lol...I have no idea what you want for your DH. You didn't even say you wanted to build a rapid fire DH xD

First thing I would do straight off the bat, is to buy a really nice weapon. Spend some time looking through AH for a weapon you want. For now, avoid a dex manticore. About 40% of your budget should go into the weapon (so about 200m~). You can get a 1300+ dps manticore with this budget. Here are some hints when purchasing a 2 socket manticore!

11 ias vs 10 ias?
Manticore A has 10 ias and 1250 dps, 80 crit damage
Manticore B has 11 ias and 1250 dps, 80 crit damage
Then choose Manticore A instead because it has more damage.

This is just a general statement, but of course there are many other factors/cases when choosing a weapon, such as weapon damage%, crit damage, the price. Don't look down on weapon damage!

Eg. My manticore has 1350 dps, 40% weapon damage. w/ marquise ruby -> 1623 dps
Duped manticore has 1344 dps, 50% weapon damage. w/ marquise ruby -> 1637 dps

08/09/2013 06:48 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Keep in mind that crit damage is also very important when purchasing a manticore. The ideal manticore has high weapon damage and crit damage. Of course these generally cost more unless you find a good deal.

After you purchased your weapon, put a marquise ruby in it, and a radiant star emerald.

Get 9 ias inna's tamperance with 140+ vitality.
Get 20 ias deadman's legacy (19 ias if your manticore is 11 ias) with good rapid fire bonus. Try to get a high vitality roll on this.
Get a litany of the undaunted with crit damage.
Get a 9 ias natayla's reflection with crit damage/extra stuff. When buying a natayla's reflection, try to make sure that all the properties are useful unless its really good.
Get a natalya's embrace with 230+/120+ dex
Get inna's favor with 130+ dex/vitality
Get natayla's sight with crit chance and all resist.
Get gloves with 200+ dex/8+ cc/45+ cd
Get an amulet with 150+ dex/7.5+cc/85+ cd
Get BoA bracers or strongarm bracers with 220+ dex/vit
Get natayla's bloody footprints similar to yours but with vitality.

Builds I have some in the first post. But do what feels right for you. My build are generally very biased towards bombardment since I mostly play group play on mp10 and is 'easy'. If your still not sure about builds, you can repost asking about them. I won't mind ^.^

@Superpope <(^^<)

Gonna be pretty hard to get some stuff with 10m. From my experience, a single socket manticore with dex out performs a double socket manticore with a low budget. This is due to the lack of weapon damage on a double socket manticore (for this price range).

For your left ring, you don't need that attack speed. Replace with perhaps a litany of the undaunt with crit damage?

Boots you can try to get some vit on it.

Try to get a quiver with a relevant skill bonus! Your quiver should be 17+ ias.

Overall you should start saving up some money! If I was to upgrade you at the moment, I can only upgrade 1 or maybe 2 pieces.
Thanks for the reply Nyan! I did some upgrades shortly before your post I believe, got a new mantacore and a couple upgrades, I'm looking to do solo MP10 Farm runs on my DH, if Rapid Fire is the best for that than that's what I'll do, I've been using rapid fire with bombardment but I'm confused about no hatred gen, so I've been using hungering arrow. I'm farming MP8 pretty efficiently solo right now, is there anything else you see that I should do immediately?

Long term goals in a short summary:
-Solo Farm MP10 with DH
-Get the best skill setup

Thanks Nyan :)
SoJ setup with inna's favor + inna's temperance : requires near max crit damage on rest of gear slots.
Full natayla's setup, crit damage is a bit more flexible altho a bit low on the eHP side

bombardment I find to be the easiest thing to do. Solo play is pretty much you play at your own pace. So I dunno what best suits you
Nyan,

Thank you very much for your help. Before your advice, I was dying so often I could have increased my dps by switching out Perfectionist for Grenadier. With your build suggestion, I pretty much never run out of hatred or discipline now and survive most fights. Best thing about Vengeance is getting knocked back or vortexed over several health globes and be full of hatred and discipline again. Saved me the trouble of getting them myself. I started looking for upgrades as you have suggested and have already increased my dps and life with 1 new item. Thanks again.

I initially liked fire support but am now getting used to aiming with bombardment. Farming Act 2 key is much easier with bombardment than fire support. Those serpents always get the first shots on me before my lifesteal kicks in: I often die in those packs. Now, I can pop smokescreen and survive the first 1.5 seconds, then it's bombs away until all are dead and not worry about running out of discipline.

Do you have a suggestion for the Act 2 Keywarden using a bombardment build? My grenades seen to fall short in the bubble and his vortex spin one-shot's me repeatedly. And it takes too long for the bat to take him out all by himself...
Bombardment vs KW act 2 I recommend to study the attack animations of the KW itself. Basically you use bombardment only when hes not spinning. Its tedious but it can be done with pure bombardment build.

Another easy approach is to simply add ball lightning elemental arrow in your build. This may require prep -> punishment though with night stalker.
I must say you've brought up my DH to level where I'm noticed out from the general pack. I've played through your suggestions this weekend and it's open up my eyes. Thank you for that. I'm very grateful.

3 more inquiries...(>^^)> (>^^)> (>^^)>

1. What's your typical build for uber runs?
2. What chart are you checking against for breakpoints when you state this...

9 + 8 + 9 + 14 + 9 =49 ias on gear
11 ias manticore.
Breakpoint checked

...because I'm going off this chart
Bombardment
attacks per second - frame length - tick frequency
1.05264-1.11111 aps - 18 frames - 3.33 ticks per second
1.11112-1.17647 aps - 17 frames - 3.53 ticks per second
1.17648-1.25000 aps - 16 frames - 3.75 ticks per second
1.25001-1.33333 aps - 15 frames - 4.00 ticks per second
1.33334-1.42857 aps - 14 frames - 4.29 ticks per second
1.42858-1.53846 aps - 13 frames - 4.62 ticks per second
1.53847-1.66666 aps - 12 frames - 5.00 ticks per second
1.66667-1.81818 aps - 11 frames - 5.45 ticks per second
1.81819-2.00000 aps - 10 frames - 6.00 ticks per second
2.00001-2.22222 aps - 9 frames - 6.67 ticks per second
2.22223-2.50000 aps - 8 frames - 7.50 ticks per second
2.50001-2.85714 aps - 7 frames - 8.57 ticks per second
2.85715-3.33333 aps - 6 frames - 10.0 ticks per second
3.33334-4.00000 aps - 5 frames - 12.0 ticks per second

....which I use a calculating tool (Yes i'm lazy on plugging numbers into a formula) for getting the APS.

3. Any other suggestions on my current setup to add survivability with my skills or gameplay pointers (I'm low on gold at this point.)? I'm getting one shotted by those charging bulls in field of misery, ever since I dropped the wailing host (resistance + vitality) for the SOJ. I also noticed you don't have that much resistance on Luka but a crap load of health, and i'm assuming that is working out just fine for you. What am I missing? Because I was able to eat one charge from the bulls with the wailing host before.