What is the Best Balance Monk Thread?

Monk
Prev 1 6 7 8
Ah.. kim is different, he can make a true unbalance monk looks as if balance!!
Thats what the folklore in the sanctuary says..
N there real sighting of this monster as well!! Thats me!!!

Seriously, especially his DS can outperform alot of TR lovers any given time!!

So, Jinsheng! When you'll be back on for FUN RUN?
for answer base kim's threat :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9282219114

to proof which one balance monk or glass canon just base pDPS, is it kim?

this is seege's video (3%< ls) :

http://youtu.be/h6FxvMPj1y0

how many his monk need Ar, armor, hp to used only 1 source LS weapon for ubers in his video?

this is seege's video (3%< ls) :

http://youtu.be/h6FxvMPj1y0

how many his monk need Ar, armor, hp to used only 1 source LS weapon for ubers in his video?

Yes, it was to proof who is a balance and glass canon monk including me. I was 300dps monk with single LS before. Because this thread I started to build my balance monk.
ok you asked me to do sb/kulle in mp10 with single ls. since i don't usually uber, i dont have any machines so i wont be doing this again for a while. anyways, didn't get to try many builds and even forgot a follower.

I think if i had my normal enchantress armor buff with either litany ring or resolve instead of beacon, then i would be able to face tank sb reflect. anyways, heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM-IdJ_YVu4&feature=youtu.be

gears are exactly what i'm wearing on my new p11 monk - kOtic, except the MH does not have LS
Wow!!
though you have serenity, but decent job done!
Wow!!
though you have serenity, but decent job done!

It is true. He did do very good. Strong bell!

haha I remember that topic. That was the first topic on bnet forum. :D

Played with so many monks on this board. Played with so many monks on the board from the topic. Small number of monks were impressive. Most of the monks died numerous times in a single run with me. It's all good though. Everyone has different playstyle.

09/17/2013 04:13 AMPosted by Deathroyalty

Man! I know.

Think I lost the interest in the game for a bit these days though.

Stopped playing for work, but then now I can't get myself to log on to play. Where are you paragon2.0 and loot2.0!

Man! I know.

Think I lost the interest in the game for a bit these days though.

Stopped playing for work, but then now I can't get myself to log on to play. Where are you paragon2.0 and loot2.0!

Me too!
I think my monk is pretty balanced w/o OWE.
2.04 - 2.19 aps
190k damage (emerald in MH would give around 200k but bells are much stronger with the ruby)
48.5% crit chance, 385% crit damage
457k EHP w/o dodge, 945k with dodge,
Life is ~40k so that could certainly be improved. I like mitigation better than a massive life pool even though vitality gives far and away more EHP than anything else right now.
91.27% damage reduction. 7% reduced elite damage probably puts that over 92% for elites.
I got 700 fire resist and 625 for the other (important) resists. I used to do a lot of VoA so I stacked extra fire resist for the flame sentries but I've mostly been doing just FoM runs recently so I'd like some poison and physical resists to help against the poison trees and savage beast charges instead.

Although you have 91.27% TDR, your HP:EHP ratio are quite low I think. The basic should be 1:10 and the best is 1:12+. Yes, if you can increase your HP, it would be better.
Its something like 1:11.5. 40k:457k.
Thanks to a smoking deal on the AH last night (VW upgrade), I think I am done tweaking my monk. She is very well balanced, and performs great in a wide variety of builds. My only swap gear is my alternate MH weapon for bells based builds (a no LS fist with huge DPS and a ruby socketed).

Stats with dual LS:

219k DPS
5.4% LS
92.13% mitigation
634 resist all
6167 armor
701k EHP with an amethyst in the helm and 613k with a ruby

Still leveling and crafting, but those will be my only upgrades until 2.0 hits. AH upgrades from here are just too minor and/or too expensive for me to bother.
Nice monks guys!
09/24/2013 12:15 PMPosted by UngivenFame
something like 1:11.5. 40k:457k.

very well balance!

Thanks to a smoking deal on the AH last night (VW upgrade), I think I am done tweaking my monk. She is very well balanced, and performs great in a wide variety of builds. My only swap gear is my alternate MH weapon for bells based builds (a no LS fist with huge DPS and a ruby socketed).

Stats with dual LS:

219k DPS
5.4% LS
92.13% mitigation
634 resist all
6167 armor
701k EHP with an amethyst in the helm and 613k with a ruby

Still leveling and crafting, but those will be my only upgrades until 2.0 hits. AH upgrades from here are just too minor and/or too expensive for me to bother.

Your armor.......... beast. I can say your stat tankie balance... well done! Nirvana build with single LS is fine!
I have just finished fine tuning my monk, let go off some dps to get the dual life steal and higher vit
Using fire resist and OWE, and STI for extra armor.
Current stats
271k DPS
588 All resist(using OWE)
Armor 4878(with STI)
Life 57k
EHP 789k
Life steal 5.4%

After playing a DH for over a year, now I an paragoning my monk(using some of my old gear), and the survivability on the monk is awesome on higher MP :)
Nice!
I have just finished fine tuning my monk, let go off some dps to get the dual life steal and higher vit
Using fire resist and OWE, and STI for extra armor.
Current stats
271k DPS
588 All resist(using OWE)
Armor 4878(with STI)
Life 57k
EHP 789k
Life steal 5.4%

After playing a DH for over a year, now I an paragoning my monk(using some of my old gear), and the survivability on the monk is awesome on higher MP :)

Very nice monk with good EHP. How much percentage of your TDR and HP:EHP ratio? Your armor is bit low. If you can make your armor over 5k+, it would be better to tank for physical attack.

Do you have experience to face with bull dino attack in the fom of Act1 of MP10? If your armor is too low, they can kill u one shot!