Darn Act IV Plans

Hardcore
I am going on about 30 runs now, no plans. And every time I do the runs in MP3 or MP4, it feels like I am just one debuff away from dying. The key warden seems to have at least 1 pack with it, sometimes 2, and it feels like the old days of porting in, taking out 1 elite, porting out, repeat since I am always kiting to the entrance.

Even worse, I have only gotten a key drop once of that sucker.
I got lucky with my plans in SC and HC, two runs each on MP2.
I haven't even tried for them yet- I'm just not sure how much an HFR is worth to me at the moment LOL
first time my son fought him on mp 0 it dropped for him...I got it the second time I did him on mp 0 or 1 (can't remember) as did my friend...luck can be on your side at times...
No worries zork it will come. I have been runnning my CM wiz with a buddy to try and get theirs and we many times have a spot open. Next time you can come with us we usually run on mp4-6.
08/14/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Loki
Next time you can come with us we usually run on mp4-6.

Let's do it on 10!
08/14/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Zork
Let's do it on 10!

Ya np ill be sure to wait in town while you clear it HA
08/14/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Loki
Ya np ill be sure to wait in town while you clear it HA

Cool, should take me an hour or so per white mob...
If you live that long.

Ill raise my drink in your honor ;)
That is a long string of bad luck on finding that Infernal Machine plan, and I hope it drops for you soon. Personally, I'd suggest reducing the Monster Power to improve your chances of surviving if you're going to keep doing it solo, but I tend to play it overly safe in hardcore.
That is a long string of bad luck on finding those Infernal Machine plans, and I hope it breaks for you soon. Personally, I'd drop the Monster Power down to improve my chances of surviving if you're going to keep doing it solo, but I tend to play it overly safe in hardcore.

Eh safe is no fun I enjoy my heart going at 160 BPM makes this AWESOME!
lets do MP5 or harder i'm in, i'm having trouble finding act 2 keys
I am going on about 30 runs now, no plans. And every time I do the runs in MP3 or MP4, it feels like I am just one debuff away from dying. The key warden seems to have at least 1 pack with it, sometimes 2, and it feels like the old days of porting in, taking out 1 elite, porting out, repeat since I am always kiting to the entrance.

Even worse, I have only gotten a key drop once of that sucker.

make a new character and level it up, the plan drops on the first kill as you play through the quests once.

make a new character and level it up, the plan drops on the first kill as you play through the quests once.

there is no such mechanic. plans are randomly dropped. 5% at mp0 with 5 stacks to 100% at mp10 with 5 stacks.
i've only found one key ever on any difficulty on any act, so I feel ya.
i had a hard time hunting for the plan too, i was keeping track of the likelihood of my unluckiness, i got down to below 1% before it finally dropped for me.
Damn, that sucks. I got mine on my 4th or 5th sc mp0 run through without even trying to farm it, so I was lucky I guess. Never seen a single key off any of the wardens yet, though...
30 runs in MP3-4 sounds a little excessive, are you sure you had 5NV each time?
Anyway, it took me some time to get the plans and the keys, then took me more time to find a normal team that would do the uber fights with me in high enough MP (was MP8) so the demon parts will have a high chance to drop.
Managed to get all the demon parts.
With shaking hands I went and made the ring.
RNG kicked in and it was so bad I brimstoned it right away.
30 runs in MP3-4 sounds a little excessive, are you sure you had 5NV each time?
Anyway, it took me some time to get the plans and the keys, then took me more time to find a normal team that would do the uber fights with me in high enough MP (was MP8) so the demon parts will have a high chance to drop.
Managed to get all the demon parts.
With shaking hands I went and made the ring.
RNG kicked in and it was so bad I brimstoned it right away.

you know tossing it to your follower gives you 7% xp right?