Loot 2.0: You made the same mistakes again

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
http://s14.directupload.net/images/130821/dzop83qu.jpg

This item is just more of the same which we have right now but with higher numbers on it. There is nothing gamechanging on it. The Hydra proc sounds cool, but even if the hydras damage scales with weapon damage its nothing game breaking or changing. If its flat damage like hellfire - Garbage!

Let's say if the rare ones drop in about the same damage ranges and one had 70+ Crit Dmg on it same amount of int and socket. This "Legendary" would again be considered garbage!

If there are still random properties on it, and socket could also roll as life after kill or thorns, it would make it even worse...

If this kind of stuff is your Loot 2.0, then be prepared to start working on Loot 3.0 in a matter of weeks after the Expansions Release.
From what information I have gathered, the affixes are going to come from the Mystic for legendary items. With legendaries, you are going to get very powerful base stats with room for improving the item personally, but at the cost of binding them on account. This leads me to believe there will be very few legendaries that roll more than 4 affix.
So you see 2 new items and you already claim that loot 2.0 will fail. Wow. Good conclusion playing the new xpac and all... Oh, wait, you haven't played the new xpac and have no idea what you are talking about. Basing you conclusion on 1 legendary item they showed. Good job. Tell me more wisdom you behold about other new legendaries and new affixes...
I was really hoping for "Hydra Amount +1", with that being able to appear on a multitude of items. That's a build item stat.

Serpent's Sparker is an example of an item to top off a build that focuses around "Hydra Amount +1".

Needs MOAR.
This is loot 3.0 rely because they did changes right after D3 first came out. if they were to mess this up then they would be working on loot 4.0.

Haha funny rely
Just wait for Loot 3.0- third times the charm
I think the best pure damage items are going to come from rares.
This is what's known as jumping to conclusions.

If anything, it looks possible that this item may not have random mods, which is in many ways a whole heap of win.

08/21/2013 05:43 AMPosted by Saturos
Let's say if the rare ones drop in about the same damage ranges and one had 70+ Crit Dmg on it same amount of int and socket. This "Legendary" would again be considered garbage!

If rares were to be properly reduced in drop rates, the above would be a great thing for this game. Diablo uses uniques to mitigate RNG. That doesn't mean uniques/legendaries are supposed to be the best items in the game.
On face value, it's the same garbage.

But since information is scarce, I'll wait for the full details.
This is a "build around me" item.
It has insanely high base damage and no CD - because hydra can't crit.
I don't think you can judge overall item quality based on that. Loot 2.0 seems promising. Maybe they create the item to make the build viable you always wanted to try.
Also, take into account Paragon Points which lets you assign stat points into things like main stat, crit chance/dmg, movement speed etc.

The overall system might not be as bad as you think even though the images display the same stuff we have right now.

You can also switch affixes with the mystic.
Also, take into account Paragon Points which lets you assign stat points into things like main stat, crit chance/dmg, movement speed etc.

The overall system might not be as bad as you think even though the images display the same stuff we have right now.

You can also switch affixes with the mystic.

Thats true, but i want the new itemization to be awesome and not only a bit better then now.
Just a note but,From the interview I saw Josh stated that there is no cap number on the hydra's this item can potently spawn. Add that to a high AS and you could have a game changer in itself with this thing spawning a crap load of hydra's all over the place with a high mob density .
08/21/2013 05:45 AMPosted by SuboXone
So you see 2 new items and you already claim that loot 2.0 will fail. Wow. Good conclusion playing the new xpac and all... Oh, wait, you haven't played the new xpac and have no idea what you are talking about. Basing you conclusion on 1 legendary item they showed. Good job. Tell me more wisdom you behold about other new legendaries and new affixes...

He said IFmany times so read again before you judge someone.

Read again.
You saw few items from loot 2.0 and you already make conclusions
This wand is garbage.

When you have killed stuff you don't need hydras, and when you start fighting you won't have them.

Fact is most thrash dies at the same time.

So you will have an army of hydras doing nothing.

And for elites and boss encounters you won't have hydras at all.
08/21/2013 05:45 AMPosted by Lev
From what information I have gathered, the affixes are going to come from the Mystic for legendary items. With legendaries, you are going to get very powerful base stats with room for improving the item personally, but at the cost of binding them on account. This leads me to believe there will be very few legendaries that roll more than 4 affix.

Cute, but dumb for a Diablo game. Might as well just hand out tokens like they do on raid bosses since it's pretty much the same result in the end.

Wonder what makes them think people will play D3 long-term when itemization becomes commodity-based.