Are PvP players selling gear?

Brawling
I just heard many pvp players are now selling gear due to the expansion. Is that true? Is the present gear expected to become bad? I know that this happened with D2. For example, the best available Bow was Windforce, but when the runewords came out, Windforce became a poor weapon. Should we expect this here?
Well, after reading a little more on the forums, the question now seems stupid and the answer is YES, lol.
I would totally get rid of my gear if A) I actually had PVE gear and B) I didn't want to PvP at all before the expansion comes out. As far as our current gear being obsolete when loot 2.0 drops, you can bet on it.
We could try to anticipate what items could become useless for the expansion, but I think it is too early to make an accurate prediction. The best thing to do is to not blow more than $20 on PvP gear till then and just make the most of your current set-up.

However, I suspect that players may not count as elites in the future, no facts to back it up just speculation. This is because elite bonuses gear for PvP creates a gear homogenizing effect and they might implement players not counting as elites because of build diversity. So unless you plan to solo ubers, I would not recomend paying too much money for a BT set, SoJ, or litany.
08/25/2013 10:24 AMPosted by BlackFlag
As far as our current gear being obsolete when loot 2.0 drops, you can bet on it.

@Blackflag

Any insight into what new items may become useful after loot 2.0?
Well, I have seen weapons with more than 3000 DPS in the previews! That means even the very best weapons from now will be obsolete for sure!
08/25/2013 06:16 PMPosted by DerfelCadarn
Well, I have seen weapons with more than 3000 DPS in the previews!

Where did you see the previews at?
I still think it's too early to start selling. At least wait until Blizzcon, xpac won't be here for 8 months at the earliest.

@Weasel:

http://diablo3.judgehype.com/screenshots/gamescom2013/conference/28.jpg
http://s14.directupload.net/images/130821/dzop83qu.jpg
To add to that here is the most extensive recap yet on ROS.
http://www.diablofans.com/news/1984-the-massive-expansion-recap-everything-we-know-so-far/
This game is like a hobby and hobby cost money. I spent countless hours on this game hunting down the exact piece of gear I wanted. I guess I can understand if people who spent thousands of dollars over the past year doing so to get that top Dprog score. PvP gear typically isn't expensive, just time consuming to find.

I wouldn't sell my gear, there is no reason for me to do so. I would get back what, maybe $200-$300? Then I would be gimped for the 6+ months whenever I wanted to pvp and feel like a weakling. No thanks, I'll continue to have fun and not look at this game as a investment. That's what jobs are for.
Thanks everyone for the info!

Does anyone know what the stars mean on the item preview images?

Now that we have the official info, does anyone have speculation they would like to discuss? I'll go first, I think getting a pick on a crusader is going to hard since they have that indestructible passive that increases their armor for losing life. My prediction is that you can not spam channeling spells to get a pick, all kills will have to come from crowd control and mobility advantages. My guess is that they will not be able to cc break like a barb so they are not OP.
Stars are the random rolled affix like the hydra on kill. With the Mystic you will be able to pick and choose the affixes you want to re-roll as well. I think that info came Kondors interview.

Also, the stat allocation has been released. Obviously may change.

Skill Points :

INT +5
STR +5
DEX +5
VIT +5

Attack :

Attk Speed +0,2%
CC +0,2%
DCC +1%
Cooldown Reduction +0,2% (cooldown is speeded up)

Defense :

Health +0,5%
Magic Res +5
Armor +0,5%
Dodge +0,2%

Utility :

Movement Speed +0,5%
Gold earned +1
Pick Up Radius increase (no idea of the value)
Stars are the random rolled affix like the hydra on kill. With the Mystic you will be able to pick and choose the affixes you want to re-roll as well. I think that info came Kondors interview.

The hydra on kill was a random roll?
I believe it was a random roll. From the kondor interview you can enchant and reenchant specific affixes. But with the whole "smart drop" thing who knows.
I can't imagine that Blizzard would design a legendary with no unique property, just some int and arcane stuff. They said they want every new legendary in loot 2.0 to have some cool property. It's more likely that the arcane power stuff is what was rerolled.
Well, I am not selling gear by now anyway. The expansion will take a long and unpredictable time to come and I don't intend to begin act V naked! But I am sure my stuff will become pitiful as soon as the expansion comes.
the weps with 3000 dmg was bad !@# rolls don't expect that on every item plus it didn't have life steal or on hit of after kill. im sure some of the elite items you have now will still be worth keeping when expac arrives. not to mention how long it will take to find the new killer items since the ah will be gone