Self-found mode

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
Wondered how long before these showed up again.

Just remember, you can do self found already. And the (why not delete your character when you die vs having HC mode) is ridiculous.

Death and losing all your !@#$ because you have to delete your own character is going to be a lot hard to swallow than simply trying to follow your own rules for playing a self found style.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499941132

There, use that, go play self found. Better yet, join me! And we don't even need a mode! Wow.

No you see, OP wants to drag everyone down with him to his level of playing field. He's a snot who needs his e-peen status recognized and glorified.

Just remember, you can do self found already. And the (why not delete your character when you die vs having HC mode) is ridiculous.

Death and losing all your !@#$ because you have to delete your own character is going to be a lot hard to swallow than simply trying to follow your own rules for playing a self found style.

There, use that, go play self found. Better yet, join me! And we don't even need a mode! Wow.

How do I separate the gold of the SF character from my other characters?

How do I trade between my SF characters while they share the stash with my regular ones?

How do I make sure I only join games with other SF characters? Getting carried by regular characters defeats the purpose.

And finally, wow do I make SF characters when all 10 of my character slots are taken with level 60s?

Doing all this is a giant pain. The last point especially. The game would be a lot more enjoyable for me if I didn't have to deal with all of this.

No you see, OP wants to drag everyone down with him to his level of playing field. He's a snot who needs his e-peen status recognized and glorified.

Thanks for the continued bumps!

Not that I have ever claimed that SF should be mandatory, or that you should play it. But don't let facts get in the way of your nerd rage!
08/25/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Ghstbr
This might be the most childish,overly critical forum Ive ever been on. A lot of you guys literally go out of your way to be disdainful and dickish. Must be a generation thing.

Just purchased the game? New to D3 forums? You'd be too if you saw at least 50 new threads on SF everyday up until the xpac announcement.
Auction house edition of Diablo 3 is a training tool for the children so that one day they can grow up and play the real game; Self-found.
08/25/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Ghstbr
This might be the most childish,overly critical forum Ive ever been on. A lot of you guys literally go out of your way to be disdainful and dickish. Must be a generation thing.

Quoted for truth.

I hope I didn't come off that way myself, but after seeing a bazillion of these threads already... *sigh

Not quite, but yeah, there is some truth to that. They want to be stamped with an icon, badge, something that says they didn't buy their gear. Hell I have bought all kinds of gear. Look at my HC characters on the US realm. There isn't anyway to have level 16 characters with that kind of damage and health without trading or buying it. lol

But yet, I took on the challenge of playing self found, the right way. I set my own rules and have been slowly, but steadily working my WD over on the Europe realm up. It IS fun, for now at least. And it was like having a brand new copy of the game, since nothing can transfer, even achievements. lol

Those of you that haven't and want to see what the fuss is about, try a game following the rules I put up, or make your own. Its not all that bad, honest.

But we don't need a mode for it, and this Reaper expansion is going to remove the want for a mode even more. Kinda thinking about using the Asia realm for a new self found there once the expansion hits. LOL See how different it will be, or just to mess around, who knows.

I have way too much fun playing this game. See you all in there. The forums are annoying.
08/25/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Phantom

Just purchased the game? New to D3 forums? You'd be too if you saw at least 50 new threads on SF everyday up until the xpac announcement.

...and the fact that there are 50 threads on this every day doesn't make you think that maybe, just maybe, there is a demand for this kind of feature?

Still not sure what it is to you. Nobody forces you to play it.

Also, you do realize that by continuing to bump this thread you increase the visibility of the request? So in essence, you are helping making it happen!
08/25/2013 06:41 PMPosted by DTMAce

Quoted for truth.

I hope I didn't come off that way myself, but after seeing a bazillion of these threads already... *sigh

Not quite, but yeah, there is some truth to that. They want to be stamped with an icon, badge, something that says they didn't buy their gear. Hell I have bought all kinds of gear. Look at my HC characters on the US realm. There isn't anyway to have level 16 characters with that kind of damage and health without trading or buying it. lol

But yet, I took on the challenge of playing self found, the right way. I set my own rules and have been slowly, but steadily working my WD over on the Europe realm up. It IS fun, for now at least. And it was like having a brand new copy of the game, since nothing can transfer, even achievements. lol

Those of you that haven't and want to see what the fuss is about, try a game following the rules I put up, or make your own. Its not all that bad, honest.

But we don't need a mode for it, and this Reaper expansion is going to remove the want for a mode even more. Kinda thinking about using the Asia realm for a new self found there once the expansion hits. LOL See how different it will be, or just to mess around, who knows.

I have way too much fun playing this game. See you all in there. The forums are annoying.

I don't care about the label, icon, whatever. I care about not having to book keep to ensure I don't accidentally violate my own rules. I pay for this game to keep track of things for me.

But if they gave us 20 character slots (24 in the expansion), that would be a good start. Right now, the only way I could play true SF is to delete a lvl 60 that has beaten inferno.
DING-DONG sf mode is dead, the mode is dead, the mode is dead. Ding-dong the wicked mode is dead!

Wake up sleepy head, get out of bed, the mode is dead!

*Best sung in a munchkin like voice of course!*

How do I trade between my SF characters while they share the stash with my regular ones?

How do I make sure I only join games with other SF characters? Getting carried by regular characters defeats the purpose.

And finally, wow do I make SF characters when all 10 of my character slots are taken with level 60s?

Doing all this is a giant pain. The last point especially. The game would be a lot more enjoyable for me if I didn't have to deal with all of this.

Did you even !@#$ing read my post? I use a different realm! JUST FOR SELF FOUND.

Oh its a giant pain. Good lord. Says the boy who wants a challenge.

And once I hit inferno, I WILL BE JOINING PUBLIC GAMES WITH MY SF CHARACTER. Guess what. I will only play in games I know I can participate in without being a leech. Once I get there, I will be sharing tidbits on it to let you SF mode wanters see it that it works fine.
Any word on whether self-found will be an official game mode, complete with separate stash and separate games, in the expansion? Self-found would greatly increase the longevity of the game.

Assuming you do add it, please increase the character cap by more than the 1-2 that was recently stated. In fact, just make it very large in general please. In D2 you could make as many characters as you wanted, and that was great for pack rats such as myself.

Self found mode already exists!

Here's the steps to enable it in the current game.

1. Don't click on the auction house button.
2. Play the game as per normal.
3. If you buy anything from the auction house, immediately make a large donation to any charitable organization of your choice as a penalty for using the auction house.

Not that I have ever claimed that SF should be mandatory, or that you should play it. But don't let facts get in the way of your nerd rage!

I'm actually hoping this thread gets bumped a lot so Blizzard employees can see (not that they haven't already seen hundreds of similar threads) what a waste of time and resources it would be to create a whole new SF mode that would further divide up this frail community.Not to mention the upcoming changes that will combat the necessity to use the AH to find upgrades.

Why don't you go and actually read some of the changes they are designing that directly fit your way of playing this game. Sigh.

Did you even !@#$ing read my post? I use a different realm! JUST FOR SELF FOUND.

And once I hit inferno, I WILL BE JOINING PUBLIC GAMES WITH MY SF CHARACTER. Guess what. I will only play in games I know I can participate in without being a leech. Once I get there, I will be sharing tidbits on it to let you SF mode wanters see it that it works fine.

I want a challenge in-game. I don't want to have to self-enforce a page of rules like the ones you linked.

When players start having to make up their own rules because the core game mechanics fail then you know something isn't right.

Again, I am confused why you are so against it. You actually play the mode, and if it were properly supported your own game experience would be better.
Just think of all the people that might come back if Blizzard created a SF Mode of play!
There is a SF mode it's called wait for Loot 2.0 and never ever click the AH button there you go problem solved ENDTHREAD

I'm actually hoping this thread gets bumped a lot so Blizzard employees can see what a waste of time and resources it would be to create a whole new SF mode that would further divide up this frail community (not that they haven't already seen hundreds of similar threads). Not to mention the upcoming changes that will combat the necessity to use the AH to find upgrades.

Why don't you go and actually read some of the changes they are designing that directly fit your way of playing this game. Sigh.

I read the changes. I seem to have missed the part where the AH was removed from the game.

Also, I am not participating in your community anyway, seeing how I play pretty much only HC.

EDIT: And if you really think that your "well thought out" arguments have any sway on Blizzard then you are delusional. Same with mine. This is all a numbers game. The more attention something gets the more likely it will be done. So you feverishly arguing against it (still not sure why) actually helps it. So, keep fighting the good fight!

I want a challenge in-game. I don't want to have to self-enforce a page of rules like the ones you linked.

When players start having to make up their own rules because the core game mechanics fail then you know something isn't right.

Again, I am confused why you are so against it. You actually play the mode, and if it were properly supported your own game experience would be better.

What you said could be used as an argument for people who wants to play Ironman, blue items only, or other niche needs.

If you impose restrictions upon yourself, you got to accept the consequences of those restrictions...
08/25/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Cypherz
There is a SF mode it's called wait for Loot 2.0 and never ever click the AH button there you go problem solved ENDTHREAD

Wow it would be so much fun to take my 50k DPS and PVP with your 150k+ character. Yup, we could do it now.

Not!

What you said could be used as an argument for people who wants to play Ironman, blue items only, or other niche needs.

If you impose restrictions upon yourself, you got to accept the consequences of those restrictions...

It would be great if the game was flexible enough to support custom restrictions such as the ones you listed. Realistically that won't happen because of a variety of reasons. But that does not mean you can't have at least the most common scenario supported.

By your argument, HC should not exist. And if it didn't I would never have bought the game.