Barb 2.0, so squishy. D:

Barbarian
Leveled a new barb, lost 180 vit from paragon, lol, still doable, but damn...
i feel for you Sha, when i first started my barbie at 41k hp, those savage beast just 1 rush me to death at mp 9 so i have to go on shoulders crafting frenzy to boost my hp.
Dude, I totally understand what you're going through. It's amazing how much of a difference those Paragon stats make. I even threw on my Rare Pants in place of my Depth Diggers, and I still feel squishy as hell.
Yea, sux, i wanted shoulders with life %, gonna be hard to get one with high str.
my brand new lvl 60 girl barb was at 272kdps and +-62kvit 850KEHP vs my lvl 100 at 316kdps and 72kvit... EHP 1M

LVl make a huge Diff :) cause 300STR more and 200VIT
having some GG gear makes it alot easier.
went from mp 10 to mp7-8 as far as ease of killing/farming while solo etc.
but lvls came fast. started just speeding through mp 5-6 with helm gem, hellfire , leorics. then after 30-40 paragons, went to rare ring in place of leroics signet. doing 7-8.

unless rolled well. a hellfires benefit is subjective. same with leorics / cains set etc.
on an XP per hour. depending on your kill speed, MP level etc. you either could be slowed down too much gimping your dmg and being on higher MP.
removing 1 exp% item and bumping up an MP or 2 could equal out the same thing.

i found dropping a couple lvls with hellfire ring equipped and gem in helm allowed for a slight boost while solo. so your squishyness isnt as apparent, and you can gain same range of XP gain.

added benefit is more items / DE's etc as well if your picking them up.
I think hellfire is worth it, yes(multiplicative), but red gem in helm seems to be additive, bad!
the biggest xp farming gains seems doing vota/oasis runs on act 2 , or crypt runs on act 1 running to see if it spawned in FoM. if so. go get 5 stacks in festering / leorics, then go clear crypts / FOM.

weeping hollow can be done but i find just re searching for crypts gains more over time.
09/03/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Shaman
I think hellfire is worth it, yes(multiplicative), but red gem in helm seems to be additive, bad!

They're both additive. I would pretty much never use a hellfire unless I didn't have anything better. Ruby in the helm is okay if you don't have to change any other gear to make it work, which means it usually isn't okay.
09/03/2013 11:44 AMPosted by silverfire

They're both additive. I would pretty much never use a hellfire unless I didn't have anything better. Ruby in the helm is okay if you don't have to change any other gear to make it work, which means it usually isn't okay.

I've been reconsidering my HF and ruby for that reason. It doesn't seem very worth it to me. And I leveled my barbie without both since I wasn't in a hurry anyways, but para 100 still came quickly enough.
09/03/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Llama

I've been reconsidering my HF and ruby for that reason. It doesn't seem very worth it to me. And I leveled my barbie without both since I wasn't in a hurry anyways, but para 100 still came quickly enough.

I think you're somewhat of an exception lol..your gear is so gg, the hellfire included that I don't think either of them are holding you back much.

But most people tend to fall below 50k HP at paragon 0 with a ruby. They usually don't have good hellfire rings, maybe one or two damage mods and typically lose 15-50k sheet DPS (a wide estimated range), and as a consequence of both, end up either losing tons of efficiency or having to back down an MP or two which ultimately makes their leveling inefficient as well.
Don't worry Shaman, you'll never be as squishy as silverfire here :)
True dat. JK silver :D
09/03/2013 02:50 PMPosted by RagingKoala
Don't worry Shaman, you'll never be as squishy as silverfire here :)

It doesn't matter how unsquishy my gear is...I'll always be squishy.