Stuck: Connecting to Bnet Server Error 3003

Mac Technical Support
I recently bought a macbook pro and installed diablo on it. All I get when I click Connect is Error 3003 as if the servers were down or I had no internet connection. But servers are up, I can see my friends logging in to Diablo from StarCraft 2 and my internet connection is working because I can do everything else just fine. I even switched regions and I get the same message. It has been like this for serveral days now.

My Firewall is Off, I deactivated Karpensky, I already reinstalled the game. I have no idea what else to do.

Any ideas?

I am running OS X 10.8.3, details here:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B08
SMC Version (system): 2.2f41
Serial Number (system): C02JNS1RDTY4
Hardware UUID: 8DBE4318-F12E-5410-9E45-FD7DA2D574B3
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Intel HD Graphics 4000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Nobody is answering on the Mac support, but thanks for the redirect. I figured some players might know how to solve this.
Sorry to read about your problems, but please remember this forum is rather slow. Especially on weekends/holidays when Blizzard employees are likely to have the days off.

First I'd like to say that anything I suggest are just from search results I found via Google or Blizzard forums. I've not experienced the 3003 error myself, but maybe I can help out a bit before someone more tech suave comes in.

I searched Google and the error 3003 is a connection to Blizzard server problem. Usually shown when servers are down. It also occurred early in D3's release, from what I'm seeing.

Try this pathping test to see if it's a router issue:

Mac OS X

1. Go to the /Applications/Utilities folder and start the Terminal application.
2. Type traceroute -S -q 30 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > ~/Desktop/pathping.txt
3. Replace the Xs with the appropriate server address.
4. Press Return. A file will be created on your Desktop called pathping.txt.
5. Quit the Terminal application.

Fill in the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the IP of the region you're trying to connect to, which I'll list below.

The Americas

Europe

Korea and Taiwan

Bottom of this link will show you how to analyze the pathping.txt file.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-pathping-test

According to this user's post back in 2012, they had to replace their router. I hope that isn't the case here.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5152407497

What kind of router do you have?

You say you reinstalled the game. Did you restart after uninstalling it, before reinstalling it?
Hey, thanks for your information.

When I try doing the pathping test all I get is a .txt file that has this: 1 * or 1 * * *. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if something is blocking the test, but I have disabled my Karspensky anti virus and the firewall too.

To answer one of your questions, at the bottom of my router it says "Modem ADSL router 4 PTO + Access Point." I don´t think this is the problem though because I was able to play just fine with my old pc that died :(

I don´t remember if I restarted my computer before I did the reinstall, I´m going to try that when I have the chance and I´ll get back to you.
Well if the router functioned just fine with another computer, I would imagine it shouldn't be the culprit in the issue.

Hopefully after you uninstall the game, restart, then reinstall, someone else will show up more tech suave than I.

btw, the hunter post above was me, but on another toon.
I did the reinstall and I still have the same problem. Any other ideas?

The pathping test never worked by the way...