Need CM gear/build help

Wizard
I recently came back to diablo 3 and used my currency i had left over to get some gold and gear my wizard out. Currently i can farm act 3 mp10 with very little deaths or struggles. I am looking to take it a step further and start saving for each slot and buying/finding the best i can. My problem is, i am having a bit of trouble figuring out where to start. I've started crafting INT necklaces in hopes of getting lucky and will continue to do so whilst i try to raise other areas.

If i were to replace my weapon with something that isn't a wand and has no apoc, would it cripple me? How much life on hit/life steal should i try to maintain while upgrading? Is my build in need of any changes once my dps/gear gets a little better?

Also i am only paragon 19 atm, and i realize that looking at other peoples profiles their dps may be tons higher due to that as well. (correct me if im wrong)

Anyways, thanks a bunch

-Trout Jerky
08/30/2013 01:49 PMPosted by troutjerKy
If i were to replace my weapon with something that isn't a wand and has no apoc, would it cripple me?

Not if you get an APOC force

How much life on hit/life steal should i try to maintain while upgrading?

800 or so. If you have insane dps (300k+) I believe you can get by with just bloodmagic(1.5 LS)

Is my build in need of any changes once my dps/gear gets a little better?

not really, build is ultimatley based on CC, attack speed and mit

And yes you gain 300 int from paragons.
I would suggest a CC crow if you're not paragon grinding. Also more AR like on your BT pants, lacuni's and WH. You'll have less deaths with more mit.