HC Hybrid Rend question

Barbarian
Hi all - few questions if I may.

Hulkish build - Schaf Hammer is the weapon & my profile link below

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Impulse-1966/hero/31786083

I can play MP2 comfortable with exception of a4. And depending on area mp3 is doable.

Searching, I came up with an old thread, but didn't want to necro it - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9165987726

Questions

Have I focused too much on vit instead of str?
Skill variations/suggestions?

I know my crafting needs work still, but other gearing suggestions; ie 5 pc immortal pros/cons, thundergod vigor (overkill?; only one listed with LS on AH at the moment)? Would a rend or bash SOJ be advisable - cold or light damage?

The build is fun & i enjoy the proc effect esp with leap. My vit will flux wildly, but not dangerously bad until mp3/4. My goal is to run a3/a4 keywardens in one play. A2 is a breeze except for the bugs - no problems with KW at all.

And advice is welcome; I know this is a strange build but very playable at low mp lvls.

This is my first barb; always have avoided the class until I came upon the hammer; blast to play.
Schaffer's is a ton of fun... it's overlooked because it is easily surpassed by Skorn but what 2H isn't.

My suggestions

1) check your ehp in d3up.com or d3rawr.com (suggest 800k ehp min without warcry)
2) post in the HC forums, too. HC and SC totally different play styles
3) Wow your vit is low. I'm showing 45k in your profile. Get more vit asap. Suggest getting much more vit via chest.

Rant: I don't understand why so many HC barbs use IK chest. They are glassy unless you have an epic IK with high vit. Or use the IK and go heavy vit in other areas... And you are wearing innas [face palm].

GL and stay safe. I would hate to see you lose all those nice gems.
1) check your ehp in d3up.com or d3rawr.com (suggest 800k ehp min without warcry)
2) post in the HC forums, too. HC and SC totally different play styles
3) Wow your vit is low. I'm showing 45k in your profile. Get more vit asap. Suggest getting much more vit via chest.

1. 563K - used d3up but checked d3rawr & they agree

3. Ya, I thought the vit was low also, but where to correct. You mentioned my gear - this char was put together with recycled pieces.
What would you suggest on chest piece since i have 4 pieces of IM, I can ditch one - need a target. Inna's pants were mainly for the MS

2. On this one... I did post in HC first. They totally seemed to frown on the hammer thus the advice didn't seem to fit, but maybe I didn't phrase my request correctly, I don't know. Before posting in this general forum, I posted in Planets gearing help thread & he honestly couldn't advise me except to try my post here.

Maybe my bad gearing choices are throwing off people from replying; this is my first barb so I am still learning.

First thing I am going to do is look at alternative chests until I can find the MS elsewhere on the Inna's

Thanks for the advice