Uberjager's MP10 Budget Barb Giveaway

Barbarian
1 2 3 5 Next
Sup peeps, long time no see. Doing a small give-away just to see if the barbs on this forum have been keeping up with their theorycrafting and homework, this give-away also includes the gems on the barb.

Video on Barb's Performance in MP10: Includes one full FoM Clear + 2 Elites + 1 Goblin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj9DPWAqJwY&feature=youtu.be

Video on Barb's Performance in MP10: EXP/MIN test run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7yHdFNiW1Q&feature=em-upload_owner

The set is currently on my Plvl99 female barb.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Uberjager-6563/hero/25307580

Take note that you have to run in through d3up in order to have a better idea of how it'll work for you since my barb is Plvl99.

This barb is MP10 efficient (elites + trash), but it functions most optimally on high density mob areas such as FoM or keeps for which it is designed for. I have not tried doing VoTA with it but will give it a shot sometime this week.

Everything was BINed within a span of 20-30 mins. There was no camping/ no snipes. I might have found a few lucky buys however.

To qualify for this competition:

1.You must be a first time barb or have less than 100m in gear for barb.

2. Not be a !@#$ on this thread.

3. You can participate if you're well known as a gearer, or have more than 100m in barb items, but your score will not be counted in nor will you be able to win the set. Please add "non-participant" into your submission. Thanks.

4. You can participate by posting, One of the posters will be selected at random and I'll award a set similar to the one I'm giving away.

To win this, you'll have to break down:

1. How much it costs including the gems. (1 Point for getting it right +/- 10% error)

2. How this gearset manages enough EHP in order to do MP10. (2 points)

3. How this gearset managed to build enough sustain in order to kill elites on MP10. (2 points)

4. How this gearset is able to deal enough DPS in order to clock a minute for MP10 elite clears. (5 points)

Will post up videos (currently delayed, frapped a 50 GB video and youtube is being a slow %^-*).

Guy who gets the highest score out of 10 wins the set (or first guy to hit 10)

Contest ends in 5 days (tentative, depends on whether anyone manages to get all 10 points within the period)

Happy Theorycrafting!

Current Top Answer @ 8 Points:

Funny thing is. You got a point that nobody else did, but didn't cover all the points that they got, you're at 6 (might want to look at the 8 pointers :P)

So quick, give this another shot and I think you'll get it.

OK so I thought about it a bit more and watched your video which helps understand the build.

So here is take 2. instead of copy/paste my above long post, I will save everyone from that nightmare and only post what would be added to my answers :

0. Preamble : no change

1. Price : no change

2. EHP :
ADDED : aside from the Barb natural 30% damage reduction, you also stacked very purposely 14% melee damage reduction on helm, gloves and the IK set bonus. This combined with the 30% dodge from the dex stacking is HUGE in terms of MP10 SCALING damage avoidance for a build meant to be played by aggroing massive mobs, jumping in the fray and synergizing life leech and damage on them at the same time.

3. Sustain:
ADDED : watching your videos I realized 2 things that are key to make this work.

First, you need mobs and mass of bodies of flesh and blood to leech life from. That is helped from the lack of fear on your weapon (which is not an EF) but also from the playstyle. Once you aggro enough and clump everything up its time for the synergies to go into play. Synergy between the multiple simultaneous source of damage and crits to sustain not only life leech but also to sustain fury regen to keep dealing out the damage and thus sustain the life leech. Its like a positive feedback loop.

So we are talking about WW+sprint/tornadoes and overpower-Kill Spree that increases crit procs and crit chance itself which in turn generates more crit procs ! the crit procs generate fury with battle rage- into the fray and generate 400% more damage for more life leech. Its like symbiosis almost lol.

Second, the other thing I notice in the video is how the high and constant mobility, helped by the +24% movement speed, the sprint-RLTW and the perma-wrath, is actually part of the sustain of the build. It makes amassing the mass of bodies, necessary for the first point I described just above, much more easy.

Also fury generation fuels the perma-wrath mode which increase both dodge chance and movement speed which in turn helps the sustain like explained.

4. Damage:
ADDED : No fear from your weapon (ie no Echoing fury) which helps keeps everything in a more compact mob for sprint/tornados, WW, OPKS and Rend. The damage from those 4 skills works especially well with clumped up groups in the same synergy that I described in the sustain portion above : more crits chance from OPKS results in more crits procs from WW and sprint/tornadoes results in both increased damage and increased fury generation with Battle Rage-Into the fray.

More crits procs also lowers OPKS cooldown which in turn generate more damage and 10% more crit chance.

Also fury generation fuels the perma-wrath mode which again increase crit chance and attack speed, meaning more damage and crit procs.

Finally the +24% movement speed from boots and Lacuni helps generate a lot more WW-sprint/tornados ticks and thus damage.

I hope I managed to get over 6 points :)

Highest Non-Participant Submission @ 8 Points.

Non-Part

I WANNA TRY

QUESTION 1.

A) Purples - (3) for 120k
B) Reds - (3) for 120k
C) Green - (1) for 60k
D) Helm - BIN 5m BID 2m
E) Shoulders - BIN 500k Bid - 350k
F) Ammy - BIN 5m Bid 3.5m
G) Gloves - BIN 1m Bid 250k
H) Armor - BIN 1m Bid - 250k
I) Bracers - BIN 500k Bid - 350k
J) Ring - Toughest one.. could've been a lucky buy. BIN 3m - Bid 1m
K) Belt - BIN - 500k BID 350k
L) Ring - I hate rings... BIN 3m - Bid 1m (I honestly feel you left a 2.5m budget per ring)
M) Weapon - BIN 2m Bid 1m
N) Pants - BIN 2m Bid 750k
O) Feet - BIN 500k Bid 250k

At BIN Rate - The most I would have spent if i was able to snipe everything would be 24.3M
At BID Rate - 11.35M here

Your cost was between 11.35M being the cheapest and 24.3M being the most. Most likely a combination of the 2 which was probably around 15m total

QUESTION 2

EHP -

2.8 Life Steal – Used for ongoing off skills
Dex Stack for Dodge
Vit Stack
Life Pct Stack
All res with a few scattered resists on some parts
14% Melee Reduction
About 800 Life/Sec Regen
And of course Resists and Armor
Constant Life Regen from IK set while you're using WW + Other Skills

QUESTION 3

Sustain

LS From all the dmg you'll be doing
High Crit from OPKS and WOTB
Perma WOTB from Upkept fury with Into the Fray and High Crit chance with Tornados
Constant Mobility and Nado Gen from Hurricane helps you eat less hits as well
Blood Lust For some AOE Life Regen Over Time
No EF so the mobs aren't running away all the time, elites are more on you
Skorn has higher dmg per hit, helping with the HP you're taking in in one go higher
Couple that with Bloodlust and you have some bursty Hp intake and some overtime Hp intake
Then you have your Life Regen from your armor
IK set bonus gives you extra fury and generates fury for you, Also helps you generate life while you're dmging from LPFS
Also Increased Fury Amount from Belt and Set

Question 4

Damage

No EF – Mobs are easily corralled and dont run all over the place
Common WW/Nado dmg ticks
Constant Clicking of OPKS when possible and Sprint to keep up Nados
Rend Dmg to mob over time
Bleed infliction from Skorn
If you want to get real technical you've got about 3k thorns.

All you have to do is gather a fantastically sized mob and hold a button and press a few others once in a while.

Gear set helps by No EF as stated
Since Skorn doesn't get too fast anyway, focus is heavy on Crit Chance and Crit Dmg with only one IAS Breakpoint slot on Lacunis.
24 MS from Lacunis and Strides to generate those Sprint nados

HOWD I DO!?>
iunno lol
09/10/2013 03:41 AMPosted by dada
iunno lol

YOU COULD AT LEAST TRY!

D:<
Nice contest, but I think the people who are able to answer the questions already have an mp10 set of their own :S
Hey, Uberjaber,

this is my answer.

1. How much it costs including the gems. (1 Point for getting it right +/- 10% error)

300M

2. How I managed to build enough EHP in order to do MP10. (2 points)

EHP is a number that is used to explain the value of your hit points with all damage reduction added in.
Let's say you have these total stats: 10,000HP, 10% Damage Reduction from Armor (this can be seen by hovering over your armor stat). You are hit for 10,000 damage, yet you do not die? Why is this? Due to EHP! Since incoming dmg is reduced by 10%(armor) coming in, that 10,000 dmg hit is now actually only a 9,000 HP hit on you. You will survive with 1,000HP. To actually kill you, you will need to be hit for 11,111.11 Damage.

3. How I managed to build enough sustain in order to kill elites on MP10. (2 points)

You need to have at least one peace with Life steal and some defensive skills like rend>blood lust that give you back life from dmg.

4. How I managed to deal enough DPS in order to clock a minute for MP10 elite clears. (5 points)

You need 3 mainly stats, high base dps, high CC and CD. You have to crit alot but a consist amount of critical damage,

Regards,
09/10/2013 05:56 AMPosted by suddenZenith
Nice contest, but I think the people who are able to answer the questions already have an mp10 set of their own :S

I want people to not only learn but brainstorm in this thread. I doubt even those running MP10 able sets have the answer at the back of their heads.

Bounce ideas around.

1 DOLLAR, BOB

got them vitalities in order, bro

3. How this gearset managed to build enough sustain in order to kill elites on MP10. (2 points)

steals dat lifes

4. How this gearset is able to deal enough DPS in order to clock a minute for MP10 elite clears. (5 points)

hurt the demon lifes
That depends on if you crafted the gems from scratch or bought them and how long it took you to build the set. Did you just BIN on everything or did you build this over a week or two?
If you can please provide guidance I'll edit this with an answer later

Added a guess at 63m based on my logic below

Pants Rings and Boots are supplying gigantic Vit
over 13% melee damage reduction
Quite a bit of Dex with wrath = 40%+ dodge chance
Obviously set bonus + shoulders, belt, pants, boots, chest for AR
With Dodge you're over 1m EHP

2.8% LS from belt
Rend Bloodlust (52443/sec) <-- this is the big one
Fury Generation + Fury gen per minute > 5 Life per FS (dumping tons of fury with sprint and rend = more healing)

Edit: left out the stupid obvious STR = armor = ehp

Brawler is there for some reason, don't understand that for Elites since only 2 sets spawn any extra targets and you're WWing so you can't easily avoid killing them with WW and tornados
You're rending everything constantly, using sprint to generate tornados and also put them on targets close to you like many DOTs stacked on one area, plus obviously your WW DPS, and keeping WoTB up with battle rage and an 80% CC from WM, Overpower and Ruthless. Also your MS is high from lacunis/boots so you proc more tornados which is nice.

Your tDPS is over 1.1m with everything going and really you just have to hit OP, rend, and sprint every few seconds then WW the rest of the time, plus you have the max set bonus so you get additional fury regen which keeps everything smooth I assume. How'd I do?
@ Pope:

Apologies for not mentioning this,

I clarify:

Everything was bought on bin within a span of 20-30mins.

Will add in your score once you put in the amount.
@ Pope:

I clarify:

Alright then, bearing in mind I've never really geared a barb so I'm not familiar with where the AH would peg these and don't have access till tonight, I'm going to ballpark it as follows:

Helm
1 random mod is high RA, took low str roll, high crit. Somewhere around 7m-10m

Amulet: High Primary stat, mid-low vit, med-high CC, CD amulets with str are overpriced... I'll say 9-11m

Chest: These are damn expensive last I looked. 10m+

Shoulders: Shoulders especially barb ones are cheap as all hell, 500k maybe

Gloves: Fair CHD, gonna say around 8m

Rings: pegging at 3-6m each. Rings are so hard to call

Belt: Fair str, fair vit, good skill... will say another 5m

Boots: Not usually prized even though they're good boots. Low STR but sharp vit... say 3-5m

Skorn: Good DPS, Fair CHD, secondary stat most people probably don't worry about... say 1-1.5m

Pants: Say ~1m-3, not a ton of people gearing with rare barb pants, and these are just okay.

Lacunis: CC and RA not cheap, I'll say 10-15m

Gems: All BIN, last I looked base gems were about 6k, gonna estimate cost at of perfect squares at 60k average, I'll just round and say 500k

Pegging it somewhere around 72m max, 53m min, so I'm going to average it and say about 63m
@ Pope:

I clarify:

Alright then, bearing in mind I've never really geared a barb so I'm not familiar with where the AH would peg these and don't have access till tonight, I'm going to ballpark it as follows:

Helm
1 random mod is high RA, took low str roll, high crit. Somewhere around 7m-10m

Amulet: High Primary stat, mid-low vit, med-high CC, CD amulets with str are overpriced... I'll say 9-11m

Chest: These are damn expensive last I looked. 10m+

Shoulders: Shoulders especially barb ones are cheap as all hell, 500k maybe

Gloves: Fair CHD, gonna say around 8m

Rings: pegging at 3-6m each. Rings are so hard to call

Belt: Fair str, fair vit, good skill... will say another 5m

Boots: Not usually prized even though they're good boots. Low STR but sharp vit... say 3-5m

Skorn: Good DPS, Fair CHD, secondary stat most people probably don't worry about... say 1-1.5m

Pants: Say ~1m-3, not a ton of people gearing with rare barb pants, and these are just okay.

Lacunis: CC and RA not cheap, I'll say 10-15m

Gems: All BIN, last I looked base gems were about 6k, gonna estimate cost at of perfect squares at 60k average, I'll just round and say 500k

Pegging it somewhere around 72m max, 53m min, so I'm going to average it and say about 63m

Mind editing your orignal post? I'm going to quote it.
Already done
09/10/2013 07:13 AMPosted by superpope
Already done

Thanks man.
I kind of left off the obvious fact that you're maintaining WotB the whole time by using Battle Rage into the fray and thrive on chaos in my explanation of your kill speed. I hope that wasn't a deduction lol, just assumed high-to-perma up-time on that was obvious when I was talking about fury dumps.

Also you've got a nice amount of bonus fury so you've got a larger pool that lets you more easily keep from getting full and preserve your fury gen.
09/10/2013 07:33 AMPosted by superpope
I kind of left off the obvious fact that you're maintaining WotB the whole time by using Battle Rage into the fray and thrive on chaos in my explanation of your kill speed. I hope that wasn't a deduction lol, just assumed high-to-perma up-time on that was obvious when I was talking about fury dumps

It wasn't that essential tbh. I did state that the areas I predominantly tested with this gearset is FoM and Keeps... sooo fury gen isn't really a problem with that kind of mob density.
It wasn't that essential tbh. I did state that the areas I predominantly tested with this gearset is FoM and Keeps... sooo fury gen isn't really a problem with that kind of mob density.[/quote]

Alright then, I'm clearly missing something. Lets see who comes along to enlighten me.
Sorry for posting so much but this is killing me. Does the solution to 4 include party play with a monk using MoC:overawe the passive that gives big DPS bonus for heals and exploding palm plus a cm wiz to lock things in your tornadoes and apply that big chc bonus + time bubble? Or is part of it your merc?
09/10/2013 09:06 AMPosted by superpope
Sorry for posting so much but this is killing me. Does the solution to 4 include party play with a monk using MoC:overawe the passive that gives big DPS bonus for heals and exploding palm plus a cm wiz to lock things in your tornadoes and apply that big chc bonus + time bubble? Or is part of it your merc?

Nope. Everything was conducted solo.
@Uberjager
Unfortunately we havent met in-game or on forums and haven't communicated personally, but this givaway is a great idea. All the best, man!
Hey uberjager, great idea, this way you prevent what happened to my set happen to yours. I still have the player who won on my FL, so perhaps i can advise him. GL with your giveaway!