[Guide] Pining for 200k dps and 500k ehp

Monk
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
You can write a guide book!
09/11/2013 11:52 PMPosted by Bubi
Very nice guide! Do you have a 2Hand version of this?

It will still be the same, but a little cheaper. You can buy a really good skorn for ~100m. Mine costed about that much. If you are going to play Nirvana mode, you want to have as much all res as possible, as opposed to one res. The reason why is because, as explained by Fitz, Beacon of Ytar will increase your dmg (and imo survival) significantly. Replacing BoY with OWE is just out of the question. Just try to get your AR to at least 400. To decrease cost, try to get as much AR on crafts as possible. All of my gear combined, plus the cost to craft, was around 250m. The two most expensive pieces were the weapon (100m), and the Naty ring (50m).

@Amiar
Very nice guide. Your guide made me think outside of the box on certain pieces. It ended up saving me ~100m.
Just read this guide and finding it to be very informative indeed , TY !
I really like this guide. Some of the items you suggest are way beyond my budget, but look at what a little crafting can do to make up the difference. (Exhibit 1 is my gloves.) However, are you suggesting I should put more EHP on the gloves?

Take care,

The Black Eyed One (Suileabhain)
I really like this guide. Some of the items you suggest are way beyond my budget, but look at what a little crafting can do to make up the difference. (Exhibit 1 is my gloves.) However, are you suggesting I should put more EHP on the gloves?

Take care,

The Black Eyed One (Suileabhain)

I'm suggesting that you get a little EHP everywhere. But, if I were to suggest a couple places to skip EHP and max out dps it would be rings and gloves. But if you get only 40 single resist on each of those that's 120 resists! And that adds up! The gloves I use don't have the highest damage (222d/10c/29cd) but they have 78 AR and 58 light resist. I use them for their balance. Hope this helps.
Long guide, some people just have too much time on their hands. Nice guide can't say the same for your gear though.
09/15/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Amoy168
Long guide, some people just have too much time on their hands. Nice guide can't say the same for your gear though.

Heh, took like an hour. Also I'm in my crappy TR gear...so yeah. You're probably looking at my p100 monk too, not the one all my real gear is on
Pants: Inna’s Temperance ~50m+

• 170+ vit
• 95+dex
• 9%IAS
• 435+ base armor

Thanks for the guide Amiar. I tried going the Vit route but its so freaking expensive. Too poor to replace my pants or rings. And replacing my Chest is near impossible on my budget

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WolfMother-2688/

What is the minimum resistance the gear can handle and does it need OWE to make up the EHP?
Hey wolf, if those pants are too expensive, check out some with like 145+ vit. They're WAAY cheaper. And overall on your gear I'd say a comfortable minimum for EHP stats (for mp10) would be like 600 AR, 4800 armor and 45k hp.

If you want more damage I'd do the following: Get innas helm, get tals chest, get 2 new weapons with higher dps and LS.

What's your budget?

Edit: I notice that you have 100 vit on your ring. That's okay. Since you have that you could budget 100 dex somewhere where you would normally budget the 100 vit (then it would be like swapping those 2 stats and having a ring with 100 dex). That's also something to think about.
And overall on your gear I'd say a comfortable minimum for EHP stats (for mp10) would be like 600 AR, 4800 armor and 45k hp.

If you want more damage I'd do the following: Get innas helm, get tals chest, get 2 new weapons with higher dps and LS.

What's your budget?

About 20m. I'm mostly self found and terrible at flipping and sniping.

I have an Inna helm in storage that bumps me to 200k, but it feels sluggish without the IAS. I tried stacking Dex to get me to the ~190k mark. New Weapons is no bueno, till the stock market collapses.

If i get a Tal Rasha and Vit on pants the only way I can get 600AR is re-gearing with OWE or getting AR on Ammy or, gloves *shudders* The only way I reached 476k EHP is by stacking HP since I've run out of AR slots =(

Btw are there any more class competitions happening on the US server?
I'm not sure about that. To be honest with you, if you were on US I'd give you some gear :( As of now though I think your monk is in a pretty comfortable spot
Yep, not joining the US server is probably my biggest Diablo 3 regret to date. Then again I was living in the UK at launch.......meh.
Glad this guide is here.
I recently combined my DH and some gear I had on my monk into having a monk set, and then had a friend help me fill in a few gaps.

While it's not completely in line with this list, I'm happy to see it's pretty close. Having fun with my monk in mp7, though I think getting a second life steal weapon, a few more crafts, and some paragon levelling (both for stats and learning to play the class better) will help with moving up an mp or two

any other pointers would be sweet too.
Glad this guide is here.
I recently combined my DH and some gear I had on my monk into having a monk set, and then had a friend help me fill in a few gaps.

While it's not completely in line with this list, I'm happy to see it's pretty close. Having fun with my monk in mp7, though I think getting a second life steal weapon, a few more crafts, and some paragon levelling (both for stats and learning to play the class better) will help with moving up an mp or two

any other pointers would be sweet too.

If you can handle the vit loss (more like 12% life loss) you could go for tal's chest to get some more dps/APS. Other than that, your monk looks pretty solid with that addition of another LS wep.

I also added a highly opinionated addendum about Echoing Fury:

As an addendum. An EF is a noob weapon that people only use to get high DPS sheet numbers. In reality, when playing solo or in a group, most of the time the fear proc leaves other, stationary, dps classes in the dust, or leaves you chasing crap all over creation. Do everyone a favor, when in a group, never ever use an EF, no matter how much it inflates your ego, you're just making the whole group go slower.
Tals eh?
I've been trying to craft, as I've seen some be pretty successful in crafting some awesome chests, but I'll start looking into Tals Chest in a few more paragon levels, or if I can manage to craft some bracers with more vit, and hopefully some shoulder with good vit and life%.

I'll check them out though. What's the general opinion on Mempo for monks?

I'd agree with your opinion in terms of the fear proc as a person coming from playing a Witch Doctor as a main class. Even playing with my monk and using an 11% fear double dex echo, I'd rather do 14k less DPS rather than have to chase my own enemies (just makes killing slower), or irritate my group, also the extra life steal was instantly an boost to my MP ability to MP8 easily, and I'm pretty happy about that.

Thanks again.
Just wanted to give a little insight as to the different gearing I chose for my goals. My goal is 200k dps and 800k ehp. I've nailed the 200k part with a 2 hander, but I am lacking 48k ehp (I currently have 752k ehp) to hit the number. Keep in mind, this is hardcore and gear is MUCH harder to obtain. If I can do it, you can too :)

Bujitsa
(One of the three Monksketeers)
Very nice guide! Do you have a 2Hand version of this?

It will still be the same, but a little cheaper. You can buy a really good skorn for ~100m. Mine costed about that much. If you are going to play Nirvana mode, you want to have as much all res as possible, as opposed to one res. The reason why is because, as explained by Fitz, Beacon of Ytar will increase your dmg (and imo survival) significantly. Replacing BoY with OWE is just out of the question. Just try to get your AR to at least 400. To decrease cost, try to get as much AR on crafts as possible. All of my gear combined, plus the cost to craft, was around 250m. The two most expensive pieces were the weapon (100m), and the Naty ring (50m).

Thanks for that, Im on a tight budget that's why I can't find anymore AR on my armor I crafted a lot and mostly no significant boost on my EHP or DPS without sacrificing too much of the other. WHat do you guys think I should Upgrade first on my current gear?(I have 83m atm) Thanks.

EDIT: I switched back to DW and Im still wondering what I should upgrade first, I saw alot of 30-50m 1hands with 1kdps no dex LS CHD OS that would increase my dps by 3k. Should I take those?
09/12/2013 12:53 AMPosted by ManUnited
You can write a guide book!

Lmao +100
Not just a great guide. It's been revolutionary for me! I found this in a link and now I can see exactly where I'm struggling and I am currently setting goals for myself.

So I am currently sitting at 97k paper DPS and trying to figure out where to spend some of my money without wasting it. I recently bought my current witching hour for a few mil thinking I was taking a step in the right direction, however mine doesn't have any vit on it =/

I decided to start comparing the rest of my gear to this guide in a similar fashion and also converting those stats to dps to see where I was further off. It came to something like this.

Helm - 3350 dps, 1500 life
Belt - 4200 life
Chest - 10800 dps, 350 life
Legs - 10800 dps
Boots - 8750 dps*
Shoulders - 3500 dps, 350 life
Gloves - 7500 dps
Bracers - 8750 dps
Amulet - 20000 dps
Ring 1 - 8750 dps
Ring 2 - 23,650 dps*

* Factored the dps by splitting up the set bonus as 3.5 CC on each.

Obviously using the damage calculator would allow me to get more accurate numbers, but doing this allowed me to see that I've been looking to gain EHP in some of the wrong slots (most glaringly, my amulet) and that the other big gains for me would be finding a good tal rasha's chest, going back to inna's pants (with vit), and also going back to Natalya's ring/boots (but my current ones are crap).

I might also try to do some more crafting, although I've been a fire resist monk since before crafting was any good, lol. I guess I can be open to changes.

So what do you think Amiar? Am I on the right track? Now that I think about it, I may have to hold off on gear until I get better weapons. My weapons are crap compared to the ones in your guide, but they also might be my biggest upgrades. Trying to save up 200 mil though.... by then I'm sure the expansion will be out, lol.
Weapon1: Rare sword/axe (OPTION 2) ~100m+
• 1060+ base damage
• 100+ dex
• 50%+ CD
• 2.3+ LS

Oh I also wanted to ask... Is it really possible for the dex to be better than a socket? Or was this a typo?