Diablo 3 Install Data from disk on PS3?

Console Discussion
02/22/2014 10:26 AMPosted by Daygone
02/22/2014 10:11 AMPosted by TKay
but I never played it myself so I can't judge that part.

but it seems like you are, i played them on the ps3. and how is gameplay not the same? i have not played on the pc but i dont see how it would change. i know a few things would how the menu is used and how you use spells and stuff. but in most cases i find it easier with a controller than a mouse and keyboard but i am sure thats just me. but now if you go back to dragon age 1, yeah the graphics are not the best, but its also a older game. with the last one they made they are not that bad at all. but still its a few years old.

look at the gaming world. they are always making them bigger and better. and every few years they have new pc coming out, so things change fast with games.
Talking about Dragon Age 1 the gameplay is completely different on PC and PS3. Try the PC version. And the graphics are bad even for the time it came out. The PC version still looks good right now. In fact the PC version of Dragon Age looks better than the PS3 version of Diablo 3.

It's just that the developers aren't putting their all into getting the most out of these systems. There's plenty of better looking games on the PS3 and the issue here is that almost if not all of the games that were ported from PC to PS3 look worse than games that were made for PS3 in the first place. It's not a matter of opinion. It's fact.
install data for the ps3 would be nice :)
02/23/2014 08:36 AMPosted by TKay
Talking about Dragon Age 1 the gameplay is completely different on PC and PS3.

how are they different? i am not going to spend to buy a game i already own to just try it on pc, when i can play it and all the dlc on my ps3.
+1

after so many months still no fix......sigh.....
11/27/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Elzavier
I downloaded the digital version last night, my disc drive is shot
My D3 disc created the most noise I've heard in the past 4 years playing my PS3.
It sounded like an old 8x disc drive on PC playing Dragon's Lair lol

hey man you forgot to mention whether it ran much smoother or not. Im a hard copy owner myself. and with only 80 gb on my hard drive, the digital copy seemed out of the question. but now dealing with the performance issues Im on the fence whether or not to get the digital copy of the expansion
i own the ps3 digital version,
and
+it runs alot better then the disc version.
+played a, long time (over paragon 50+) and no save file issues for me.
07/30/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Pebe
i own the ps3 digital version,
and
+it runs alot better then the disc version.
+played a, long time (over paragon 50+) and no save file issues for me.

yep, same here. Digital is a lot smoother than disc for me too.
Actually theres a lot of games on the ps3. That allows you to download from disc. For instance ff lightning returns.
So, has anything changed with Diablo 3 vanilla since this thread was posted and did the Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition version fix the constant Bluray thrashing?
11/28/2014 01:20 PMPosted by TheVinman
So, has anything changed with Diablo 3 vanilla since this thread was posted and did the Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition version fix the constant Bluray thrashing?

You'd have to be insane in the membrane to get a Disc version for PS3. Definitely worth getting the digital version without the Disc on PS3.

The new consoles load the Disc to hard drive so pretty sure a box with Disc is pretty much the same as a digital download on new console once it's installed.
So there was really nothing done to correct this issue with the Ultimate Evil disc release?

I know all about the Diablo 3 problems, but I was really hoping someone at Blizzard would ensure the definitive edition wouldn't burn out the Bluray drive like the release copy did.

Good to know, and I guess I will make use of the current BF flash sale to get a digital copy.
I should have read this before buying the disc version today... I really thought they fixed this.
I'm able to install the game from the disc '.' good thing I didn't buy it 2 years ago when this post appeared.