"Gain Fury on Critical Hit"

Barbarian
HotA is easily spammable with 10 reduction and animosity as it is. People are a little too concerned about fury generation. Every other class has to make some compromise on gear for resource generation except for barb, and its not a big deal.

The biggest impacts of the nerf are on mobility and permanent cc immunity.

Clarify by spammable do you mean using it as your primary attack, holding down the key for HotA. With 50% CC and Overpower:KS +10% for 60% CC I am able to use HotA as my only attack, paired with spamming Overpower whilst keeping my Fury relatively full due to Into the Fray. That's not even mentioning easy-mode with WotB, but I didn't mention that because I agree with the nerf to WotB.

I highly doubt that I could spam HotA without Into the Fray. Our primary Fury generators are crap dps and generate Fury very slowly. I may be able to use HotA often (not spamming) by re-arranging my build and gear but definitely not as a primary attack. In order to achieve the same result without Into the Fray, and I'm trying to have an open mind, I'd probably have to use Animosity, Superstition and Unforgiving, and even then I'd probably have to use items with Reduced Cost to HotA such as a Stone of Jordan. Most items with Reduced Cost to... gimp your dps from 20-40k dps.

I'd effectively have to gimp my dps by 70k to achieve what you call "spamming". That's just on paper what I'd be losing, which doesn't factor in the time wasted generating Fury the old fashioned way. In essence the Into the Fray nerf is going to gimp Barb builds to a third of their current capable AoE steady dps. The new shield passive is beyond stupid.
What we're probably going to see is a large migration of HotA, SS and WW Barbs making Amazon/Spartan type builds using Weapon Throw and Ancient Spear, of which if I wanted a ranged class I would play a Wizard, Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter.
The problem w barbs is that they have to constantly get attacked by AoE affixes unlike other classes that can kite or kill stuff before they get in range. Therefore barbs need enough fury to basically keep them from dying or they are forced to only fight trash mobs. Its hard to find a mighty weapon w decent dps and affordable. The IK fury bonus for full set is pretty meager also. I guess the developers want us to become Weapon throw barbs?
It really doesn't matter, unlike a wizard, a barb has no cc skills just direct damage, all a fury on hit ability would do is slightly increase your dps by allowing more fury spenders than generators. But the real killer was nerfing Wrath of the Berserker permanently. Without it, barb is stuck in uber-defensive builds again.

And with fury on block abilities...I mean really? Barb is just going to be a slower, worse version of a crusader come Reaper of Souls.
I think an item that gives extra rage on non-crit would be interesting. It runs counterintuitive to normal builds, so it would reward a different kind of play.
09/15/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Eduw
I wouldn't be surprised if those sort of resource-specific affixes were implemented across classes

QF (hopefully) T
It really doesn't matter, unlike a wizard, a barb has no cc skills just direct damage, all a fury on hit ability would do is slightly increase your dps by allowing more fury spenders than generators. But the real killer was nerfing Wrath of the Berserker permanently. Without it, barb is stuck in uber-defensive builds again.

And with fury on block abilities...I mean really? Barb is just going to be a slower, worse version of a crusader come Reaper of Souls.

No offense but you probably didn't put much thought while running through the datamined info or outright joined the 'let's cry over losing an OP skill' train. Regardless of that, the only build that is majorely affected by this change is the RLTW/WW because any chain of CCs can potentially break the constant influx of healing gotten. But no surprise, the build really is OP: anything that allows a character to beat anything in the game as long as it doesn't oneshot you is OP. Seriously, I've seen 120k sheet DPS and crappy defensive stats barbarians running MP10 and that's not right.

By the way, if you are a DT barbarian into complaining, you should actually be crying over losing Fury on Critical Hit, like most people are worried about. Devs could even let the WotB untouched but how do you think you would be able gain 25 every second to mantain it permanently without Into the Fray? Using a fury generator? Yep, stopping the whole WW/Sprint cycle for that sounds like a great idea. But that's not going to happen because they'll be adding alternative ways of generating fury and WotB was designed as a skill supposed to be used in tough situations, instead of being on permanentely.

09/26/2013 07:28 PMPosted by DethAxe
QF (hopefully) T

Asides from the Shield Block option, here's another one:
Health globes restore 20% of your primary resource. - Considering +50 fury from one item (mighty belt=15), paragon level(15 fury), and Animosity(20). That would be 30 * 1,25 (20% Animosity, 5% paragon) = 37,5 fury per HB collected.
Increase chance to find Health Globes by 100%. - Barbarians passive adds another 25% chance and BR rune adds up to 5% chance of getting a HB per Critical Hit.

And there's one specially for movement intensive builds:
While moving your resource generation and damage is increased by 25%. While stationary your resource regeneration and damage is reduced by 25%. - On the previous scenario, that would be: 30 * 1,5 = 45 fury per HB collected. That's perfect when you consider the fact that RLTW/WW never stops moving.