Bug Report

Aug 16, 2013 Welcome to the Hearthstone Bug Report forums! Welcome to the Bug Report forum! The purpose of this forum is primarily to collect issue reports about the Hearthstone. We greatly appreciate our customers helping us to find issues with the game. As such, this forum is one of your best methods for making us aware of these issues. Creating a Bug Thread When reporting a bug, we would like you to take the time and search the forum to see if your issue is already reported. The Known Issues thread has some good info in it. While we won't delete duplicate reports, it will save us time if you know the issue is already posted and do not repost it. Using keywords (such as a unique element of a crash log or an ability name) is a good way to find threads. Additionally, if you have multiple issues, separate them into different threads. Unique bugs should get unique threads. Try to include steps to reproduce your problem. Be succinct. Leave out any opinions on the problem and focus on how best to tell us about it to help resolve the issue. Finally, a screenshot or video showing your issue would be greatly appreciated! You can upload your videos to YouTube and your screenshots to sites like imgur. Posts we do not need Since we are strictly interested in issue reports on this forum, the following threads are likely to be moderated or moved immediately: 1. Discussion threads (What do you all think?) 2. Invalid issue reports 3. Feedback / Suggestion threads. 4. Posts requesting information on the game. 5. Posts made on other forums (Don't spam.) 6. "Accomplishment" threads, threads to advertise screenshots unrelated to bug reports, and other "This happened" posts 7. Posts requesting status updates on existing issues. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting.Rolkyr0 Aug 16, 2013
Aug 16, 2013 Installing and patching issues? Hey guys! If you are having installing and patching issues using the Battle.net Desktop Application, please post them in the Technical Support forums. They will be better equipped to help you out!Rolkyr0 Aug 16, 2013
Aug 16, 2013 How to report hacks/exploits/cheating Hey guys, Please read this important and friendly reminder regarding how to report really bad issues like exploits, hacks, cheats, etc. According to the Forums Code of Conduct, under NO circumstances should a hack or exploit be reported on the public forums. Because of the sensitive nature of hacks/exploits, posting on forums only ensures that other people are going to attempt to use them. Any poster who breaks this rule will have his/her thread deleted immediately and may be reviewed for a forums ban. If you find an exploit or think someone is hacking the game, please send a detailed e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com. Thank you for your due diligence with this. Reporting these issues is incredibly important, but at the same time please remember to report them through the secure channels.Rolkyr0 Aug 16, 2013
Aug 26 **HotFixes** Greetings! Below you will find information about recent changes we have made in Hearthstone. If you still encounter any issue you may find in this list, we ask that you please enter a new report and not just comment on an existing one. If an issue is not on this list, it does not mean that it is not being worked on or that we are unaware of it. Please always continue to research reports and refer to our KNOWN ISSUES thread before posting. Thanks! - RolkyrRolkyr18 Aug 26
21m Daily Quest Appearance Issue Reports We are aware of reports that some daily quests may not be appearing as often as intended. We are currently looking into the issue.Aratil154 21m
1d "Unable to start a game" issue Update: 7/15/2016 We have pushed another hotfix to PC and Mac that should address this issue. Please restart your Hearthstone clients to ensure you update to the latest version of Hearthstone. (5.2.0.13740) Update: 7/14/2016 We are continuing to receive reports that the lately hotfix has not addressed this issue for all users. We are currently looking into this and will continue to provide updates as they become available. Update: 7/14/2016 We have pushed a hotfix to PC and Mac that should address this issue. The contents of the hotfix can be found here. If you are experiencing issues after updating your Hearthstone client, please continue to post in this thread and we will look into it. Original Post We are aware of an issue where some players may receive the error message, “Oops! We were unable to start a game for you. Please try again.” As a workaround, changing your DNS to Google DNS should help with this issue. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this as soon as possible.Zeriyah389 1d
2d Didn't Receive Legendary From Welcome Bundle You likely claimed the Welcome Bundle in 6.0, the guaranteed Legendary system is in 6.1 but don't worry! Make sure you are patched up to 6.1 and you will receive your guaranteed Legendary once you launch the game.Sapperwix132 2d
Oct 3 Mono.dll Issue After Patching If you're receiving an error after patching related to Mono.Dll run a Scan and Repair from the Hearthstone options menu in your battle.net app. We're actively researching a real fix but the workaround should get you back into game.Sapperwix1 Oct 3
Jan 12, 2015 Common Reports That Are Not Bugs! Hello! Below you will find commonly reported issues that cause a bit of misunderstanding and lead to players thinking something isn't working as intended. If you experience one of these issues and they still seem to not be working correctly, never hesitate to report the issue to us. This thread is to hopefully clear up some questions players may have. Cheers! Blade Flurry is doing extra damage!Blade Flurry is a Rogue ability that destroys the player's weapon and deals the weapons damage to all enemies. Even though the weapon has a set amount, Blade Flurry is still a spell and can be affected by Spell Power. All my decks and/or cards vanished!Majority of the time this issue is seen it is due to the players region being changed. Double check that the region you are currently in is the one you regularly play in. My opponent stole my minion. When I bounced it to the owners hand, it went to their hand!If you control a minion, you own that minion. Ownership is based off which side of the battlefield a minion is on. When returning a minion to its owners hand, it will return to the hand of the player who controls that minion on their side of the battlefield at the time the effect is played. My Noble Sacrifice didn't trigger when my opponent attacked!Did you have 7 minions on the battlefield? Playing cards that create minions act the exact same way as trying to play a minion. If you don't have room, the card will not trigger. Minions healed when I killed/silenced Stormwind Champion (or other buffs)!At the time you Silence a minion who is effected by a stat modifier, if their health is higher than their printed value (the value the minion displays with no stat modifiers), it will return the minion to its original health that is displayed on the card. If at the time Silence is cast, the minions current health is less than the printed value on the card, the minion will remain on the battlefield with that much damage. Ben Brode gives an explanation here: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/9793229858?page=2#21 Faceless Manipulator died after copying a buffed minion!When a minion is effected by a global buff (an effect that adds something to ALL minions you control) and damage is dealt to that minion, health is removed from the base health pool first, then the health added by a buff. So if you control a Stormwind Champion and a minion at 1 health, when you attempt to copy that minion, it will copy the base minion of zero health. Then, before the global buff can be applied, the minion will die. Gorehowl was destroyed after one use!The mistake here is usually in understanding the card. If a player attacks a hero, the durability is reduced. If a player attacks a minion, the attack is reduced. Ice block did not prevent my opponents secret from killing me!If you are attacking and in a position to trigger your opponent's secret, it is most likely your turn. As secrets cannot trigger on the owning player's turn, there is no chance for Ice Block to become active. My opponent was able to attack my Faerie Dragon with their hero power!Even though you are not able to target the Faerie dragon with spells, you are able to attack the Faerie Dragon. So Rogues and Druids are able to use their hero powers to deal damage to the minion. A card that was returned to a players hand was destroyed and the Deathrattle still even though the minion wasn't in play triggered.This is working as intended. When a returned minion is destroyed, since it cannot re-enter the players hand (since they are at the 10 card limit), it is still considered to be in play. This being the case, the Deathrattle ability will still trigger. Misdirection was used on my minion and my weapon dealt damage to it!During your turn, your weapon is considered to be "unsheathed". This is depicted by the animation between turns of the weapon being put away and brought back out. While unsheathed, a weapon will deal its damage to any minion the hero does combat with. However, since the actual hero is not attacking, Durability will not be removed from that weapon. Maexxna used her hero power on my Faerie Dragon/Stealth minion!Maexxna's hero power, as with any effect using the term "Random", is not considered to target. The hero power can send ANY minion (2 minions on heroic) back to the opposing player's hand regardless of the minions status or effect. I beat the Arachnid Wing and did not get a card back!Cardbacks are rewarded for beating all heroic bosses in ALL of Naxxramas. A spell killed Stalagg and Feugen at the same time and I/my opponent got 2 of Thaddius!This is correct and working as intended. If both Stalagg and Feugen are killed at the same time in the same turn, they with both trigger off of each other and the controlling player will get 2 copies of Thaddius. Kel'Thuzad did not revive my minion at the end of my turnKel'Thuzad will only revive minions that have died during your turn, but not during your "End of Turn" phase. If a minion dies during the same time that Kel'Thuzad triggers, it will NOT be returned to the Battlefield. My Ragnaros lost stealth, but never attacked!Stealth will only last until a minion deals damage in any way. If a stealth minion is in combat due to an effect like Misdirection (and deals damage back to the character attacking it), deals damage due to a triggered effect or attacks another minion, it will lose it's stealth. My Tokens did not get buffed from Hobgoblin!Hobgoblin will only apply to minions that have been "Played". In order for a minion to be considered Played, it must be put directly into play, from your hand, to the Battlefield. Minions put into play by other minions or spells, like Animal Companion, will not be effected. The original minion and spell are what is considered "Played" in that scenario, so do not trigger Hobgoblin. Mistress of Pain and Auchenai Soulpriest resulted in auto death!This is 100% correct. What happens is Auchenai Soulpriest turns all healing into damage. So when Mistress of Pain triggers, she attempts to heal you. This results in you taking damage and triggering Mistress of Pain again. This will continually happen until your health is reduced to zero. I hope this helps to clear up any questions or misunderstandings with some of these rules/effects. As always, there can be exceptions. Please always feel free to report anything that seems "off" Thanks! - RolkyrRolkyr0 Jan 12, 2015
Aug 16, 2013 Known Issues 10/2016 Hey everyone! Below you will find the Known Issues list for. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list, as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list. As a reminder, this list will not list every bug that is active and occurring in Hearthstone. What it is listing are a select few issues -- chosen due to severity/impact -- that are active and confirmed as bugs by Quality Assurance with verifiable steps and an expected fix. Just because a bug is not on this list does not mean we don't know about it! In addition, potential exploits and the like will never be listed here. Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list. Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Hearthstone!!! Known Issues: Win streaks in Ranked Play are currently starting faster than intended. Rolkyr0 Aug 16, 2013
35s Undo card craft Hello guys i was approaching to disenchant a usless golden Coliseum Manager, of course i missclicked and i spent 800 dust for a new one.. there wasn't an UNDO button so I'm asking there's some possibility to get back the dust?Pandemonius3 35s
2m Duplicate Legendaries As soon as Mean Streets of Gadgetzan was released on the EU servers i opened 170 packs and there was a surprising amount of duplicates. Much more than would be statistically probable. For example i opened got 4 different Legendary cards all duplicates (8 in total). Similarly i got the same epic cards over and over(multiple copies of the same ones).Mcalk4 2m
3m 1 Legendary out of 300+ cards?! Over 60 packs and >>>>1<<<< legendary Seriously folks, this cannot be right! Opening these packs was not fun at all, I thought the game was supposed to be fun. The drop rate was never this bad! Please tell me this is a bug and it will be corrected, 1 out of 300+ cards? If this isn't a bug, it certainly is thievery.Soepkip2 3m
3m Divine shield not going away when silenced. Opponent used Grimestreet protector to give a silverhand recruit a divine shield, I then used Kabal Songstealer to silence the recruit but the shield stayed after the silence.kuuur3 3m
4m Venture Co Mercenary - Weasel Tunneler bug When the Venture Co is in play, the Weasel doesn't get affected by the mana cost increase. http://imgur.com/IQaoPJG But when the Venture Co dies, the Weasel gets "discounted". http://imgur.com/4J2KVZc This happened during the current brawl, Yogg-Saron Tryouts.StandaSK0 4m
9m Minion couldn't attack opponent hero This happened to me during a tavern brawl earlier today, seems like a bug unless there's some new mechanic with spells that I'm not aware of. http://imgur.com/rG8XsgTEkol31 9m
12m Burnbristle Achenai Bug Was playing as Paladin and played Wickerflame Burnbristle. My opponent had already played an Achenai Soul Priest. He stole my Burnbristle with Cabal Shadow Priest. I attacked with a Coldlight Seer and it sent him on a -2 health loop from 30 to -2 until he died.TooHott4U1 12m
17m Prince Malchezaar creates Venture Co Merc https://www.twitch.tv/animesenshi/v/104842841?t=04m14s Malchezaar made a common minion instead of a Legendary Full video is here: https://www.twitch.tv/animesenshi/v/104842841AnimeSenshi1 17m
18m Kooky Chemist and Small-time buccaner The interactions where you switch stats on a Small-time buccaner is not correctly working. I switched stats on it and it became a 2/3 (I had a weapon up and it did have the original 1/2 stats with 2 attack buff). It should work so it becomes a 5/3 buffed? And when I unequip weapon it should be a 2/3. But I switched the stats on the small-time buccaner with a weapon equiped, it became a 2/3, then I unequiped the weapon and it stayed a 2/3. Couldn't interact and confirm if it would have been a 5/3 if I equiped weapon later, but think it would haveUndead0 18m
19m Lost a quest Lost a quest [40 gold] after I spined [changed the quest] and logged in again. Anyone had the same experience? Need help...DespiRoth5 19m
21m Received the wrong packs from ingame store Hello, like many of you I logged in yesterday, excited to get started with Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. I'm running the Hearthstone client on my laptop running windows 8.1, EU server. I went to purchase 50 MSG packs from the ingame store using gold I'd saved by grinding over the past 5 months (not amazon coins, thats not the issue). I clicked on Mean Streets, put in 50 packs and viola...I got 50 packs of Whispers of the Old Gods cards. I'm sure I clicked on the right kind of pack, because I was enjoying the new music when I input the number of packs, so this isn't a misclick issue. I opened a customer support ticket in battle.net, but the conversation kept coming back to the fact that "Gamemasters" (I guess thats what they call the service reps) can't initiate exchanges or refunds. Ok, If I bought something and decided I didn't really want it, I get that, but this is a bona fide bug. Why would someone just happen to buy 50 packs of WotG on day 1 of MSG? So I'm filing a bug report, as customer support requested. I haven't opened the WotG Packs. Just please delete them from my account and reset my gold, or make them MSG packs. Please, this sucks not being able to play MSG....thanksKombatWombat4 21m
23m Missing Cards When will my Old Murk Eye and feign death cards be restored? They aren't just missing from my decks, they're missing from my game. I can't even craft them if I want to.Noobathon2 23m
23m Arena run - Game froze Hello, so I just updated my hearthstone client and decided to play a round of arena, mid-way into the game, my game bugs out and the opponent doesn't seem to be doing anything. It's definitely not a connection problem since I can still do everything else that's internet related. Help please :L Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6K5RGnLGws&feature=youtu.beSoveri1 23m
25m Wrath problem with fandral and azure drake Wrath does only 5 damage with Fandral Staghelm & Azure Drake in play when it should do 6 due to the spell damage. Basically the spell damage only buffs half the card but not the other half.Gilig2 25m
26m Pack compensation bug? I opened 62 packs yesterday morning. This morning I was only compensated with 4 packs. Is that right??GURG1 26m
27m Gadgetzan quest reward I only got 2 packs after clearing the first win 3 get 3 packs gadgetzan quest. Why?balatrina1 27m
38m Paladin card Grim Street Protector. Grim street protector paladin card. The concern with this card is the divine shield it gives to its adjacent allies is not removed by Priest card Mass Dispel. I would appreciate if some one could look into this quickly thank you .Grimis0 38m
47m Jade Blossom issue? I was playing Druid and played Jade Blossom with 10 mana expecting to get to draw a card the way that Wild Growth would let you, but I only summoned a Jade Golem. Is this a bug? Why wouldn't I get to draw if I gained an extra crystal at 10?Effrank1 47m
48m Quest disappeared Today because of the MSOG it happened that I got 4th quest and one of mine disappeared. How can I do to have it back?Nex9 48m
49m Problems three-classes opening packs ? Hello, I'm from EU server , so as many knows, after Main street of Gadzetan first release on NA server , players reported an issue with opening pack , "there was more chance of opening the three-classes card than the others". Then Blizzard said it was true , and they "fixed" the bug. Good for NA players they got 33% free packs of opened packs before the patch. But i don't really know if the bug was really fixed because of the packs I opened today. So I opened 160 packs and here is the result of what i got ( and i didin't decrafted the card as proof of what i'm saying but i don't know how to add screens in a topic here): 1- 11 legenderies , it's good , yeah but i got 4x Don Han'cho , 3x aya blackpaw (at least one in golden), 2x Hobart grapplehammer , 1 shaku the colector , 1 patches the pirate. so yeah i've got 7 three-classes legenderies out of 11. It's too much to called it balanced. 2- for the others three-class cards i've never got so many duplicates of one card before , 9+ jade spirits, 9+ grimmestreet smuggler, 9+ kabal alchemist , and it the same for the others... (same thing I have screen but don't know how to add them in ). I don't call this balanced at all so maybe i'm wrong but i don't think that the patch worked , and I have a question, why there was not an update with the patch ? [Edit]: I've got screen of packs opened , 70%~of themNaegin0 49m
51m 100 winns but no coins? I have completed the 100 ins and received the pop up thing which said "100 wins!" but my gold didn't move... I read online that I should qualify for 300 coins but haven't had any yet. Do I need to do something else? I have played on since and also got 100 wins in unranked too.Reevesy0 51m
52m Standard play ranks bugeed since patch Not gaining rank in standard play mode, despite win games I have not gained rank since patch was applied. Game seems to be recording wins in total but not getting any rank change notifications and not gaining rank.Dags2 52m
54m Unlicensed Apothecary + Faceless Manipulator Earlier I was playing a game with an Unlicensed Apothecary on the board. I proceeded to play Leeroy, power overwhelming, and then faceless manipulator. When I did this, the Apothecary triggered for Leeroy, the Manipulator, and then again for the copied Leeroy that the manipulator transformed into. Is triggering twice on the Manipulator intended? Does it also trigger on effects like hex and polymorph?DiamondShade0 54m
56m 100 win I won more than 100 games but still i didnt get 300 gold please solve this problemMunesasesi5 56m
1h Doppel gangster bug So i was playing jogg-saron tavernbrawl when my opponent played doppel gangster and i got it to 0health but then it didnt dissapear and it was just floating with taunt in air with 0 health, game could keep going but i couldnt attack his doppel, but every other taunts yesVeetsa1 1h
1h Weird Card Packs (Mean Streets of Gadgetzan) I'm from Malaysia with the timezone of +8GMT and I've opened a pack at 9.25AM which means it's after the bug fix. However, I've still got this unusual rate where I got 4 Jade Spirits and 1 Shadow Sensei. Why is this even happening? https://postimg.org/image/h08ibkyf3/Luek0 1h
1h Vanished Quest Vanished Quest I've had 3 quests when i logged in today. Grimy goon quest was added next to those 3. I wanted to change one quest (rogue class cards). when i pressed change button nothing happened. When i restarted a client, quest just vanished. I now had 2 quests and one grimy goon quest. I've restarted a client several times but without any success. Plz helpBloodraven1 1h
1h The game crashed The game crashed The crash report folder named next to game executable. It would be great if you`d send it to the developer of the game Помогите, что с этим делать?DiaVal0 1h
1h Mayor Noggenfogger not working properly? In more than 5 occasions when I played the mayor against an enemy board of 3+ minions, the enemy minions/hero always attacked on my side. The animation even shows that it's targeting on the enemy side and then always landing on my side. Even when I'm attacking with my minions it always lands on the opponents side. That's no fun. Minions should be able to hit each other or their hero like it's happening with Misdirection. With spells it's working fine, only with minions/heroes attacking it seems to not be random.SideofClouds2 1h
1h Lendária "Velho Olho-turvo" em Deck de Shaman Lendária "Velho Olho-turvo" (murloc) Deck de Shaman estou com problemas ao tentar criar um deck de Shaman (não testei se é por causa da skin de murloc), porém o card murloc Lendário CLÁSSICO "Velho Olho-turvo" não aparece para adicionar ao deck. quando vou ao modo "criação" ele volta a aparecer.Shmu0 1h
1h Unlicensed Apothecary I just had the apothecary on my side of the board. My oponent cast Leeroy Jenkins and the apothecary triggered twice because of the welps. Im wondering if this is a bug considering the card say 'deal 5 damage when 'you' summon a minion.' Thank youEvan1 1h
1h Potion of Polimorph "issue" Potion of Polimorph don't work with Jaraxxus. When the enemy plays the card the secrect dont be actived.Heirian1 1h
1h Unstable Portal reveal As of today I can see what my opponent receives from casting unstable portal in my arena games.Igornia1 1h
1h Mirror Entity on Small-time Bucaneer bug A mage copied my Small-time Bucaneer, using Mirror Entity and his was also a 3/2, despite he not having a weapon. Guess this shouldn't happen.Eriol4 1h
1h Doppelganger (Bug) I am currently in A game and my opponent played Doppelganger. After killing 2 of them the 3rd refused to die. because this was in the yog tavern-brawl the Doppelganger got Blessing of wisdom giving my opponent (Kobekim) a lot of card draw, haha. just letting anyone working at blizzard know. i have images and videoLuvRedTube2 1h
1h Fel Reaver discard not working with new cards In the current Tavern Brawl, a lot of fun things can happen. My enemy evolved into a Fel Reaver and I tried to make use of it by playing all the stuff I could. The new expansion cards did not provoke the discard though, making me lose in the end because the Reaver just killed me. Thanks for having a look at this, Yaru.Yaru1 1h
1h No more Arcane dust in Arena I've been playing arena recently and the last 10 Arena runs have given me no Arcane dust at all! It's this a change? I can't find a patch for this anywhere. This is a huge blow because it's way harder to craft cards now. Making this an official pay to win game. Coins you can collect with some ease and the average you get per quest is 40-50 so you need to complete about 3-4 quest to be able to do an arena. If you win about 3 in Arena then you about break even with a card pack and approximately 50 gold. So the only way to get Arcane dust is from opening up card packs. The average dust you get is 40. So basically it takes 3 days worth of quest to get 40 dust. Getting dust in Arena at least balanced this situation out to some extent. So why the change?PokeChamp0 1h
2h Hidden legendaries...? Hey ! I'm french and on the the eu server. I only had two legendaries in 69 boosters, and my friend two legendaries in 60 boosters. The loot rate bug is really fixed ? Thank you!torue2 2h
2h 1 Leg from 65 packs 1 Leg from 65 packs. Seriously? Please explain if it is not a bug. If it is - any solutions?Charlz2 2h
2h secret paladin "venger" perdu Bonjour, je ne trouve plus le secret paladin "venger", alors que j'ai fini les défis de classe de naxxramastony0 2h