Mac Technical Support

Aug 21 Graphics Issue All text is unreadable. - Mac Pro OS X 10.9.5 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MBelravager5 Aug 21
Aug 18 RAINBOW CRASH - beware Mac users If you are a mac user and considering downloading this game, please be aware of the following before investing any money: If you use the following: Yosemite Retina display 1hour+ of continuous gameplay Then it is very likely the game will crash and you will often lose your battle even if you're able to force quit and restart in time. Bear in mind it is quite possible (especially in tavern brawl) for games to last 15 mins plus, so that may mean 1 in every 5 games you will lose without a choice. Not cool. This has been happening since at least August 2015, possibly even earlier than that, but my point is that there has been no less than 4 patches since then and still no resolution and in some forums users have even posted that they contacted support who told them that: ... Blizzard if you're listening the details are pretty consistent: Yosemite Retina display 1hour+ of continuous gameplay Rainbow starts and then game freezes Game can often be force quit and restarted Players are OFTEN lose their games as a result of this glitch Please, please, please, please, please try the game using these details and make a note of what's happening in the software when this happens? I know it's only a small amount of dev for a small amount of users but surely the in app purchases you're losing by not fixing this (not to mention converting any new iOS users to the game) will more than make up for the time spent. This is not the Blizzard I know and that I've loved since first playing Rock 'n' Roll racing on the SNES and later Warcraft (PC), Warcraft 2 (PC & PS2), Warcraft 3 (PC), Diabolo (PC), Starcraft (PC and Mac) and Starcraft 2 (Mac). You're losing valued customers who have been loyal to you for decades now, long before WoW gave you a stable income stream so you could take things to the next level.suthert14 Aug 18
Aug 17 Game crashed during arena game and I lost a g The graphics cards started to bug during an arena game, that i was actually winning, and all of the suddenly it crashed the game, and obviously I had another loss on my arena, this is not fair for what we pay to play the arena. This happened playing on iMac/OSXRodric6 Aug 17
Aug 16 My game froze before Mulligan, and I'm stuck. Help please!! My game froze before the mulligan started, and now my game is stuck...when I quit it, it just goes back to the frozen game and sits in the darkened screen view. I can't do anything. Please help! ...I'm indefinitely stuck...this sucks so much :(Ozymindias16 Aug 16
Aug 16 crashes after card veto. Every single time i have tried hearthstone (10 attempts) after rebooting and reinstalling and trying a repair, my hearthstone freezes. seems like the audio stays working because i hear music in the background and i can eventually hear the rope but as soon as i choose which cards to toss away when they go down to my hand the game freezes and i have to do a force quit.JustBeast4 Aug 16
Aug 15 Macbook Retina Display No Native Resolution? Hey all, Just wanted to comment that the current display on my 2012 model Macbook is grainy due to the fact that the screen is downscaling itself down to 1440x900, instead of 2880x1800, which is the default aspect ratio. Is there an option to provide 2880x1800 that I am missing? If not, can we please get more display resolutions available, because to be honest, the game looks like crap in it's current resolution. Thanks!tehdef10 Aug 15
Aug 14 Degraded performance on iMac The performance on Hearthstone on my two iMac's has degraded lately. I play in a window 1600x900 on two different iMac's (both with SSD and upgraded ram). Both iMacs run Diablo 3 quite well (30-60FPS). But Hearthstone is noticeably slower than it used to be... I can totally tell that the FPS is lower. I don't know how to provide any additional detail but I will be glad to provide my systems stats and information.KingFish0 Aug 14
Aug 13 Unity Rainbow-screen crash followup request Hi, in the above support topic last year, a Blizzard support representative confirmed a fix for the elusive Unity OS X rainbow-screen crash bug. Several other Unity games I play suffer from the rainbow-screen crash bug on OS X. Would it at all be possible for Blizzard to share any guidance on how y'all suppressed the rainbow-screen crash? There are a lot of game developers who would dearly love to know. I'm just a beta tester, but literally anything y'all are willing to share, even just a couple words, would be immensely valuable. EDIT: If y'all haven't solved it yet, I have a 100% repro case for it in another Unity game, in case that would be of any help.Atoll0 Aug 13
Aug 11 The game spazzes out on my Macbook! When ever I play on my Macbook Air the game freaks out. The graphics turn white and it forces me out of the game. Sometimes I lose ranked games because of this. The only way for me to get back into the game is when I use my phone immediately after. The last patch was apparently supposed to fix this but it made no difference whatsoever. It's so annoying. I really hate playing this game on my laptop for that reason alone. PLEASE FIX THIS.Zimlot0 Aug 11
Aug 10 Arena opponents still appearing as UNKNOWN I've had a few ranked opponents show up as UNKNOWN as well, but every Arena opponent I've fought today has showed up as UNKNOWN. I never had this issue before the most recent patch that was supposed to fix it.lincolnic1 Aug 10
Aug 7 Reno Jackson bugged Last fight I did I had none card duplicated and after a disconnection issue due to YOUR SERVER issues Reno Jackson didn't heal me back to 30 life. How the heck I'm supposed to reach a better level if you guys cannot solve a simple programming issue like this? This game needs tons of debugging if it intends to survive. People will simple get tired of this behavior full of disconnections and glitches. Honestly you guys have a nice piece of work BUT need maintenance. Done by professionals. No more amateurs please.Nussferatu0 Aug 7
Aug 6 Cant run Hearthstone on osx10.7.2 after patch I updated hearsthstone to new patch the 5.2 and first the game would start to normally launch then just wouldnt do anything, just a black screen and system says its not responding have to force it to close. Now there is a purpleish screen first. but thats all. it wont run for some reason, please helpkimmiyoung6 Aug 6
Aug 3 Patch 5.2.2 | Resolution issue on MacBook Pro Ever since the game came out, there's been an issue with the game resolution not being properly chosen on certain Mac computers. It's fine on my iMac (latest retina model), but it's always been bugged on my MacBook Pro (late 2011 model). The latest patch (5.2.2) seems to have made matters worse though. The screen resolution is stretched more heavily than it used to be, and now going in and out of fullscreen mode triggers the issue instead of fixing it. To fix the issue, you need to change the graphics screen resolution. Every time you Alt+F out of fullscreen. From what I can remember, this issue has been around since the game came out, any word Blizzard? I used to not make a big deal out of it, Alt+F twice each time I booted the game. But now that the 5.2.2 patch made maters worse, it's really irritating.Brown2 Aug 3
Jul 30 No text showing Hello. As you can see in the image, the text isn’t showing, that makes this game pretty much unplayable. Things I already tried: - Clean my iMac font cache - Repair the game (Always sends a message telling there was no repair needed) - Change the language - Contact Blizzard support Something that you must know, is that this error occurs with every game created with the Unity engine, apparently there’s some weird stuff going on with the font directory and how Unity handles it, that’s the best guess I have. Is there someone here than can help me with this?Yee4 Jul 30
Jul 27 5.2.0 patch and framerate issues Since the patch 5.2.0 the game is suddenly noticeably laggy with a very low framerate then previously, which ran perfectly smooth. All consequent patches have not fixed this one bit, incl. 5.2.2. Also I have done scan/repair with no improvement. Anyone have been able to find a solution? Also the menu bar seems to hide when game client runs, though not as much of an issue as the laggy experience.. Here is my spec: Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac12,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 3,1 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 12 GB Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B23 SMC Version (system): 1.72f1 Serial Number (system): C02FD393DHJQ Hardware UUID: 0F7DFEFE-01D4-56EF-8224-876B77E0BC05Chrusty1 Jul 27
Jul 26 So I have to launch the game from First of all, I am able to launch and play the game without problem from the app. But if I launch direcly, it will just crash and automatically launch the app for me. Even if the app is already opened, I still can't launch directly. Is this normal?lisq1991 Jul 26
Jul 26 Graphical error and crashes As of today i`ve been having several graphical errors that transform either the card art or the whole screen into a rainbow-ish mess. Also my game has crashed a couple of times while this happens, I don`t know if they are related but the crash usually happens after the error.ImAwesome59 Jul 26
Jul 24 Support for Mac users it`s pathetic Posting issues and no one even bother to read posts for days.....a lot of bugs and crashes and the updates are getting many posts with no answer!!! well done Blizzard!Ssilviu0 Jul 24
Jul 22 Resolution bug With this new patch whenever I launch Hearthstone my resolution is messed up. It seems to be "stretched out" vertically which makes everything smaller on screen (and by extension, makes the graphics much worse). My default resolution has always been 1280x800, whenever I select it again in the options menu it gets fixed but always happens again when I load the game up. This has never happened before this new patch so Im pretty sure that it's just some bug brought on by it. I talked to another Blizzard support member, he had me delete my Options.txt file then reset game settings, still nothing.Slimno20 Jul 22
Jul 20 Back to square one... Crashes crashes crashes So we are getting the age old problem of Hearthstone freezing up during games and again back to having to force close the app..... but now upon restart I am not getting put back into the last game I had to exit from as usual, but to the main menu and losing my ranking and arena runs. When will you sort this out guys? Its unbelievable that a company of your size with as much capital as you cannot get the game to run correctly for mac. Extremely disappointing and frustratingDrsmoketto8 Jul 20
Jul 19 Infinite loading Greeting. It occurs frequently that the finding opponent window runs without finding an opponent (it run forever...). Then, I have no choice to close the game and I loose my rank. Is there something I can do (at least to not loose my rank...)? Thank you! :)Norwood1er0 Jul 19
Jul 19 Crashes after Year of Kraken Intro After the new patch (introducing the murloc shaman hero) I'm shown the year of kraken intro then my client crashes after attempting to follow the tutorial and switch between wild/standard. This is occurring on both mac and iOS and happens after I restart and log in and log out.LZsteelers23 Jul 19
Jul 18 Cannot download update Hi everyone! So, a few days ago the latest patch came out, and my bnet did the update. It was unusually slow, but after a few hours I could play. Two days after that, when I tried opening bnet, it said I needed an update again. I didn't find it strange, since I had been reading on the forums a lot of complaints about bugs and crashes, so this could very well be a fix, even though it was very large. However, this time around it simply won't download. Every time it starts at 1.20 GB progress, and will not exceed speeds of 150 kb/s - but steadily drops to just a couple of kb/s. The progress won't go beyond 900 MB remaining, but most often it won't even get past 1.1 GB, at which point the progress bar is gone and the UPDATE button pops up again. I press it, and it will start over at 1.20 GB. The connection speed is not the issue. I've tested for speed, and everything is normal. Have any of you guys experienced anything similar? If so, what did you do to solve the problem? Is there a way I can download the patch file through an external mirror? Thank you very much.Glorenzelg1 Jul 18
Jul 18 Way More Lag and Crashes Since Patch Playing on an iPad Pro and there is considerably more lag since the July 12 Patch. Slow moving between screens, laggy animations, and even a couple random crashes (never had the game crash on my iPad before). What's going on?LAZB3 Jul 18
Jul 18 Grom can't charge when he is placed as the farmost minion on the right, same thing with bluegill warrior fix this please. I tried to quit and reconnect and couldn't so I lost 3 games today because of this bug I am tilting so !@#$ing hard!YoloSwaggins0 Jul 18
Jul 18 My Mage hero not displayed corectly I have over 500 wins with Mage so I have a golden hero...but in Game it`s displayed as normal hero. Hunter,Druid and Priest are displayed as golden...only Mage is not!!!Ssilviu0 Jul 18
Jul 18 issues during spectating on macbook pro late 2013, 15". spectate mode's been getting stuck. i'll be watching a friend then all of a sudden it will get stuck during an animation and nothing happens. i have to close and re-open the match to continue watching.KareemKambri0 Jul 18
Jul 16 Rainbow Glitch Hey there! So I've been playing on my computer recently and I get an issue that seems similar to the one listed here: Unfortunately this bug hasn't been checked up on for over a year and half and it's been the end of many arena runs for me. Can we please get some of the mods to help out over here? Thanks!Jelani7 Jul 16
Jul 15 Doesn't find in-game match Since the new update, I cannot find an in-game opponent. When I press play, the search window opens. However, it keeps going on for couple of minutes. After that, this text appears: "Closed. Oops! We were unable to start a game for you. Please try again." And hearthstone closes after I click it. The same thing happens for ranks, normals, arena and brawls. I have tried many times each days since the patch but the same thing occurs every single time.Lemons0 Jul 15
Jul 15 Game freezes after July 12th patch. I am running Hearthstone on OS X 10.9.5. Since the latest patch, my game freezes after the mulligan at the start of the first round as the battlefield loads.Fragmatica11 Jul 15
Jul 14 Closed : Your game timed out as it was... Closed : Your game timed out as it was requesting data from the Hearthstone utility service. Please relaunch Hearthstone to reconnect. i got that message everytime i try to start the game on my iMac Anything I should do?Pol39 Jul 14
Jul 14 Font/Text Bug Mac Hey, i have the problem that every texts or numbers are big white squares and i cant read anything. what to do?Baumrinde2 Jul 14
Jul 14 Stuck on Title Screen. Help? Trying to launch Hearthstone on my Mac (10.10.5) and having issues. The game boots into the title screen but won't go any farther. The swirl in the actual hearthstone is glowing and moving, so it's not a frozen screen, but nothing else loads. Additionally, there is no sound coming from the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the app, I have uninstalled and reinstalled directly from the website, logged out and in, and restarted my mac. Not sure what to do from here. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Hearthstone version according to app is: Jul 14
Jul 14 new update just refuses to updateInstantDeath2 Jul 14
Jul 13 Hearthstone unplayably slow since Update I run HS on a MacBook Pro 2010 15-inch, Mid 2010 with 8 GB Ram and SSD. Since the dedicated graphics card has died, I can only use the integrated card, which ran the game reasonably smooth till today. As of today the graphics performance has gone from 20 fps to 3 fps. Can you fix this. What has changed? Can I change some setting? Thank you for your help!FreeTheBird2 Jul 13
Jul 12 Hearthstone on Mac blurry for everyone Everyone i've talked to has this on mac since the switch to unity 5. it's a fixable bug but blizzard won't acknowledge or fix it. (like almost all mac bugs) how to fix it yourself: after the game starts go to settings and select and choose the already set resolution. you have to do this every time you start hearthstone. the difference: (click on the picture to see it in 100% size)cycledance14 Jul 12
Jul 9 hearthstone not responding i downloaded hearthstone awhile ago now and when i try and play the game doesn't open when i right click on the icon it says not responding. I have reinstalled it, deleted some folder and it still won't work btw i do play on mac so idk if that has anything to do with itRide4501 Jul 9
Jul 8 Freeze during opponent's turn for me only This has happened to me twice in the past couple of weeks now. I'll be in a match as normal, my opponent will go to take their turn, but I'll see one of their cards hovering over the playing field as if they were going to play it. Once their turn ends, the card remains hovering over the middle of the field. I can take my next turn as usual, but once I end it, I can no longer interact with my opponent. I can see them targeting things and highlighting cards in their hand, but I can't see the results of their play. The rope never comes up, and their hero keeps auto-emoting the "Hm..." and "What now..." things. The entire time, one of their cards is hovering over the board. I can't concede, and the only thing I can do is quit the program and automatically forfeit. Has this happened to anyone else?lincolnic0 Jul 8
Jul 6 Game Freezes on Deck List Screens This was a bug in the past and it's back (for me at least). Whenever I'm in a menu that displays my deck list (arena, deck building screen, etc.), the game locks up forcing me to force quit the game. I'm running OSX El Capitain 10.11.5Cenobite0 Jul 6
Jul 4 I been suspended can some one help me? I buy alot of packs and then when i open one out of 300 i got suspended can someone help me how to get out of itming0 Jul 4
Jul 3 My cards are gone. Wrong account loading. My username on my phone is ZombifiedMan#1744 but on my laptop it's showing my username as ZombifiedMan#1487. I would like to be able to play on my laptop with all of the cards which I've purchased as ZombifiedMan1744. My email is I do not have a separate email address which the second account could have been created under. I have already spent hundreds of dollars playing this card game and if this issue is fixed I plan on eventually spending hundreds more. I would appreciate a response as soon as possible.ZombifiedMan0 Jul 3
Jul 2 Cooling fans during rainbow crash? If you're experiencing the so called Rainbow Crash, where your game colors gets all wonky and the game freezes after a few minutes, please post here how your mac behaves when you play hearthstone. Does your mac heat up quickly, when playing hearthstone? Does your cooling fans spin up, when playing hearthstone? Does your cooling fans spin up, when running other things than hearthstone? When I say "spin up" I mean really rev up loudly, not just run almost silently as it would do all the time.Deluge2 Jul 2
Jun 26 Crashing when opening friends list The game is now crashing when we open the friends list, one more error to go with the graphical issues already persistent on the macbook.Mistique33 Jun 26
Jun 25 Mac CPU usage around 90 ~ 130% Hi, my mac has been scrambling eggs lately when running HS. The CPU is insanely high. Dont know what happened. It's not like before. I've attached parts of the code sample. Sampling process 1749 for 3 seconds with 1 millisecond of run time between samples Sampling completed, processing symbols... Analysis of sampling Hearthstone (pid 1749) every 1 millisecond Process: Hearthstone [1749] Path: /Applications/Hearthstone/ Load Address: 0x1000 Identifier: unity.Blizzard Entertainment.Hearthstone Version: Unity Player version 5.1.4p1 (5.1.4p1) Code Type: X86 Parent Process: launchd [145] Date/Time: 2016-06-26 01:21:44.194 +0800 OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F1808) Report Version: 7 Call graph: 1359 Thread_120920 DispatchQueue_1: (serial) + 1359 start (in Hearthstone) + 53 [0x3095] + 1359 PlayerMain(int, char const**) (in Hearthstone) + 723 [0xe63e13] + 1359 NSApplicationMain (in AppKit) + 1165 [0x9b614ff8] + 1359 -[NSApplication run] (in AppKit) + 727 [0x9b62c15c] + 1359 -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] (in AppKit) + 119 [0x9b639870] + 1359 _DPSNextEvent (in AppKit) + 1602 [0x9b63a349] + 1359 _BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInModeWithFilter (in HIToolbox) + 92 [0x992be6bd] + 1359 ReceiveNextEventCommon (in HIToolbox) + 526 [0x992be8e2] + 1359 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode (in HIToolbox) + 259 [0x992beb5d] + 1359 CFRunLoopRunInMode (in CoreFoundation) + 123 [0x99f8184b] + 1359 CFRunLoopRunSpecific (in CoreFoundation) + 394 [0x99f819ea] + 845 __CFRunLoopRun (in CoreFoundation) + 1779 [0x99f82353] + ! 842 __CFRunLoopDoTimers (in CoreFoundation) + 349 [0x9a04506d] + ! : 829 __CFRunLoopDoTimer (in CoreFoundation) + 1395 [0x99fca863] + ! : | 828 __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_TIMER_CALLBACK_FUNCTION__ (in CoreFoundation) + 22 [0x99fcaea6] + ! : | + 826 __NSFireTimer (in Foundation) + 117 [0x9a1799cb] + ! : | + ! 766 -[PlayerAppDelegate UpdatePlayer] (in Hearthstone) + 269 [0xe6407d] + ! : | + ! : 452 PlayerLoop(bool, bool, IHookEvent*) (in Hearthstone) + 2689 [0x97d8b1] + ! : | + ! : | 432 PlayerRender(bool) (in Hearthstone) + 173 [0x97ca7d] + ! : | + ! : | + 394 RenderManager::RenderCameras(int) (in Hearthstone) + 398 [0x7e1a3e] + ! : | + ! : | + ! 394 Camera::Render(CullResults&, ShaderLab::ShaderPassContext&, int) (in Hearthstone) + 68 [0x7a0264] + ! : | + ! : | + ! 163 Camera::Render(CullResults&, -- CUTTED -- /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync 0x9b612000 - 0x9c230ff3 (6.9 - 1265.21) <1D31697B-6F33-3239-BACE-5D1361B1F79A> /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit 0x9c231000 - 0x9c29affa (5.0 - 354.5) <E065936D-CB2C-3662-A98B-DCA8E45D98F0> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DataDetectorsCore.framework/Versions/A/DataDetectorsCore 0x9c29b000 - 0x9c29effe (3.0 - 3.0) <6FE961A4-3C17-3004-B50B-FD78FDC28350> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/LoginUIKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LoginUICore.framework/Versions/A/LoginUICore Sample analysis of process 1749 written to file /dev/stdoutKingKongWong0 Jun 25
Jun 25 I can't see my golden cards in crafting mode. I know that there is "Show Only Golden Cards" option, but I used to be able to see my obtained golden cards along with my normal cards in crafting mode. For some reason, it was gone a few patches ago. Can we have it back?Grimza2 Jun 25
Jun 22 Crashes after a brawl match (only) At the point where it returns back to choose your 7 cards after a match I get the spinwheel. I'm on a 2012 MBP with only 4 gigs memory (just graduated college so funds are tight and can't upgrade right now....) UPDATE: Now it's showing me the wild vs. standard deck screenplays. I never seen them before (on startup.) I'll reply back w/ either another time of this happening or maybe resolved? :)GreenSage1 Jun 22
Jun 18 Arena crush Hello :) when I wanted to continue arena HS was crash and i have 1 more lost, but why? I didn't do anything wrong lolWolo1 Jun 18
Jun 18 how to get options.txt file back if deleted? Hey i have been having a fps problem with hearthstone for a while now and i have tried looked at some posts from people who have had it aswell and 1 of them said to try and delete the options.txt file, but that didnt work for me. Now i have found another possible solution where i open the options.txt file and manually change the fps cap there, but i dont know how to get that file back again. I tried scan/repairing and reinstalling hearthstone but its not coming back. So i was hoping you could help me with getting the file back. Thanks in advanceMikkel2 Jun 18
Jun 18 SERVER PROBLEM! Ok, you guys seriously have to fix this. I am CONSTANTLY getting disconnection messages these days, and it's annoying me like a billion dung beetles. Either if it's a problem with a server or it's just my wifi, my games are unable to reconnect EVERY TIME this happens, and its ALWAYS when I have the advantage. This is the suckiest error in Hearthstone I have seen. If it's the upcoming maintenance, I apologize, but there's a seriously high chance that that isn't the case. FIX THIS PLEASE.PhaZon1 Jun 18
Jun 18 Disconnected While Opening a Pack Hi there, I just got disconnected as a pack was opened; I saw the five card backs, but wasn't able to flip any over. I counted all the cards in my Old Gods section and have 35, but there should be 40 (the promotional 3 plus the 5 I got from my first quest win). I have no unopened pack listed; is there any chance of getting this restored? Thanks for your assistance!Planetarium1 Jun 18