Error "Closed.The game was unable to log you"

Mac Technical Support
"Closed. the game was unable to log you in through Battle.net. Please wait a few minutes and try again."

I have been getting this error on my Macbook Air, Mac OS X 10.7.5. I have been able to successfully access the game once. Is anyone familiar with solutions? I have tried deleting the Battle.net cache file, but it did not work.
Eon, can you check the permissions for your Hearthstone game?

1. Open your /Applications
2. Right-click the Hearthstone Folder and select Get Info
3. In the info box, scroll down to Sharing & Permissions and click on the lock to unlock it. enter your admin password when prompted.
4. Make sure all privileges are set to Read & Write.
5. Click on the cogwheel icon and select Apply to all enclosed items. Select Yes to confirm the action.

Let me know if that allows you to connect on your Air.

Also, thank you for reading, I thought it would be very slim chance that I would actually get help!
06/02/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Eon
I have done this, all of the privileges were originally set to "Read & Write", I am still unable to access Hearthstone. Any other suggestions?

Next thing I would check is just to make sure your local network (including local Mac settings) are routed properly. You'll want to start with resetting your network devices first, and then flush out your DNS.

1. Open the Network Status menu: Apple menu > System Preferences > Network.
    2. Select the active connection from the Network Status menu and click Advanced.
    3. Click Renew DHCP Lease. This process may take a few minutes.
    4. Close the Network window.
    5. To flush the DNS cache, open the Terminal. Go > Utilities > Terminal.
    6. Type in the following: dscacheutil -flushcache
    7. Reattempt the connection.

You will not get any feedback from Terminal if this is done correctly on any OS.

Give those a shot and let me know. :)
Let's try a Scan and Repair to see if it's an actual issue with a corrupted game file. If that doesn't pick anything up, let's delete some first-run files that will regenerate the next time you launch the game:

1. Open your Library
2. Open the Saved Application State folder
3. Delete the unity.Blizzard Entertainment.Hearthstone.savedState folder
4. Relaunch Hearthstone.

For steps 1-4, I am having trouble locating the unity.Blizzard Entertainment.Hearthstone.savedState folder. Will I be able to locate this in the Hearthstone folder I have saved under "Applications"?

edit: I have since located that folder, deleted it and tried to re-launch Hearthstone, but I continue to get the same message.
Grr. This one is being tricky. >.< Can you try an uninstall/reinstall of Hearthstone for me? If that doesn't get it working again, can you post a connection log for me? If you go to Applications/Hearthstone, you'll see a file called ConnectLog.txt. Copy and paste the contents to a new post, highlight the report, and click the pre button to encase it in code blocks for me.

process attached
Tue Jun 3 19:46:20 2014 [MAIN] client.config says aurora.version.source='product'
Tue Jun 3 19:46:20 2014 [LOCS] 11010=ERROR_LOCAL_STORAGE_DATABASE_NEEDS_REBUILD <------------------------------------- error
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AUTH] 3=ERROR_DENIED
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AUTH] 3=ERROR_DENIED
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=0 event=1 code=3 name=ERROR_DENIED
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=0 event=0 code=3 name=ERROR_DENIED
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=7 event=32 code=3 name=ERROR_DENIED
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=0 event=0 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=1 event=4 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=2 event=12 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=5 event=25 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=6 event=29 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=4 event=22 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=10 event=36 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=11 event=37 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Tue Jun 3 19:46:22 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=12 event=39 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Tue Jun 3 19:46:23 2014 [GAME] Tried to send a Util packet before login was complete, ignoring
Thanks for the information, Eon. :) It appears the server is rejecting the login request - can you try changing your password and seeing if it will let you log in with the new password? I have a second pair of eyes looking at things server-side for us. If you could reply back with the times that you attempted to log in, I can pass that information along for review. I may not have updates quickly, but we are looking into this one for you!
I just recently tried to login with a password AND an e-mail change. No bueno. This was at 6:54PM EST.
Thanks for the info, Eon. :)

I've asked our server engineers to take a look and see what they were able to find. It looks like there was an active game session last night at about 4pm PDT for 25 minutes. Were you able to successfully log in?
06/05/2014 05:59 PMPosted by Eon
I have been periodically playing via my ipad. Would really like to get access using my laptop though.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying! I've sent this information on, and we'll see what we can find out. :)
06/05/2014 07:50 PMPosted by Eon
Definitely, anything I can do to help!

So I heard back from our Network Technicians today and it looks like the login credentials being sent by the MacBook are not meshing with what the Battle.net Authentication server has stored. However, your iPad logins work just fine. Let's try the following:

First, uninstall Hearthstone completely.

Once that's done, let's delete your Battle.net files:
1.) Using Finder, click Macintosh HD.
2.) Navigate to the /Users/Shared directory.
3.) Delete the Blizzard folder.

Reinstall Hearthstone and try logging in again for me. If you get a new error, post a new ConnectLog.txt for me. :)

process attached
Mon Jun 9 21:27:44 2014 [MAIN] client.config says aurora.version.source='product'
Mon Jun 9 21:27:44 2014 [LOCS] 11010=ERROR_LOCAL_STORAGE_DATABASE_NEEDS_REBUILD <------------------------------------- error
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AUTH] 3=ERROR_DENIED
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AUTH] 3=ERROR_DENIED
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=0 event=1 code=3 name=ERROR_DENIED
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=0 event=0 code=3 name=ERROR_DENIED
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=7 event=32 code=3 name=ERROR_DENIED
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=0 event=0 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=1 event=4 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=2 event=12 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=5 event=25 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=6 event=29 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=4 event=22 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=10 event=36 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=11 event=37 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Mon Jun 9 21:27:45 2014 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=12 event=39 code=9 name=ERROR_WAITING_FOR_DEPENDENCY
Mon Jun 9 21:27:46 2014 [GAME] Tried to send a Util packet before login was complete, ignoring
hi, got the same problem since this morning...
I ve try everything u said and nothing works.
I'm on imac and it's the first ever i have that king of problem. SC2 and D3 are working perfectly...
Any suggestions ??
thks
JD
By the way the game does not work on my ipad either...
Problem issue with ur update today clearly.
4 of my friends have the same problem also.
thks to help and fix it plz, missing the game!!!
JD
Hey JD,

This is definitely an important issue, and I think Glaxigrav and the techs there are doing what they can. I have been working on this issue with Glaxigrav since June 1st, its been about 9 days, so you'll likely need to hang tight as this isn't something that will be solved overnight it seems. The good news is that we've spent about 9 days looking into it already so I hope it isn't too much longer until we find a solution. In other words, you've encountered this problem at the right time - we're workin' on it right now.

:)

Eon