New Expansion? just pff...

Adventure Mode Discussion
Who can even notice that? When WoW has an expansion to a game whole menus change untill next expansion and in HS its still old, 2d, crappy made/f2pleish vanilla menus.
Personally, I love the Hearthstone UI design, a lot more interesting than Magic 2015's design.
Blizz is so great that cant handle servers even for stupid card game, lolz. Wonder what took them so long making this "expansion", 1 person would make it in over a week with this amount of "content"
Yeah not enough free stuff Blizzard! My mommy and daddy don't give me enough and I was counting on you to help me out here!

Grow up.
If you know that much about WoW you should also be able to understand the difference between a major patch and an expansion.

Naxx is not an expansion.
07/22/2014 04:00 PMPosted by Sibenice
Naxx is not an expansion.
It's obvious they put a lot of effort into this with the new cards and adventure mode. That said, many will most likely blow thru this content in no time.

I think they would be better served by expanding play modes, and it would be a lot easier to do. Restricted decks, mini tourneys, and whatever.

Still fun for free anyway.
07/22/2014 04:03 PMPosted by Zeriyah
Curse of Naxxramas is not an expansion. It introduces a new, fun game mode for players to enjoy and the opportunity to collect new cards to add to your Hearthstone collection. But it is not an expansion.

So.... it's just a thingy that expands the card base and expands upon the number of game modes we can play.

It's not an expansion, it's just this generally expansive.... thingy.

I'm not complaining, mind you. I might actually be buying the next four wings of this non-expansion. I just might feel a little silly not knowing what to call this game expanding thingy I'm contemplating spending money on. :)
07/22/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Demiwraith
Curse of Naxxramas is not an expansion. It introduces a new, fun game mode for players to enjoy and the opportunity to collect new cards to add to your Hearthstone collection. But it is not an expansion.

So.... it's just a thingy that expands the card base and expands upon the number of game modes we can play.

I'm not complaining, mind you. I might actually be buying the next four wings of this non-expansion. I just might feel a little silly not knowing what to call this game expanding thingy I'm contemplating spending money on. :)

Curse of Naxxramas is ... a ... game mode

The answer is content. When a Moba introduces a new champion or map they are adding content to the game. Depending on the content it will be unlockable or purchasable or both. Skins are also a form of content. In Hearthstone's case, since they are not adding a whole 300-400 new cards or adding a new mechanic, rather than calling it an expansion it is just more content for players to enjoy. At most you could call it a mini-expansion but that is essentially the same as just saying they have added content to the game.

By that logic, Siege of Orgrimmar was an expansion.

It's considered a mini-expansion of sorts. It's actually meant to be a tide over in between actual expansions.

So you know those events that MMOs do when they are between Real content patches? That is Naxx. The first expansion is being worked on in the meanwhile.

What made this so 'big' is that it's the first adventure, so it's a mix of "oo new thing" and that this gives them the blueprints they need to be able to make other adventures at a faster rate (difference between making a cake the first time and going by the recipe.

So yeah, it's meant to be small compared to the real expansion.
You can't define "expansion" to the general definition and expect it to mean the same thing as a game expansion. In English technical words within an expertise are always redefining the original word.

In Naxxramas if I find a bug I am not referring to spiders, it is merely a flaw the programmers need to fix. ;) :)
I like the people telling Blizz (who just said it's not an expansion) that it's an expansion.
Expansion can mean different things to different people at different times.
They say it's not an expansion, it's not, period.
The "adventure" was very meh. Next time just make cards, if so much development wasn't wasted on the adventure mode a lot more meaningful progression could occur.

So a new game mode costs 20-28 bucks? How much is a freaking real expansion going to cost then? Time to start saving gold for the new as of yet to be announced expansion I guess.
Geez, a complaint thread about menus now?

When it rains it pours, i guess.
This was the most pathetic addition of a game I have ever seen. Even if there are more 'wings' to come.