Windows 8 Stability Issues - Updated 08/08

Technical Support
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
08/08/2014 01:56 PMPosted by Omrakos
For the Crashing/Performance/Stability Issues
1. Open the Battle.net Desktop App and select Hearthstone.
2. Click on the Options menu and select 'Show in Explorer'.
3. Find 'Hearthstone.exe' in the installation directory, right-click on it and go to 'Properties'.
4. In the 'Compatibility' tab select 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
4. Set the field to 'Windows 7'.
5. Click 'OK' and try to run the game as normal.

Still not working when I exit the game....
do you think this year you will fix this bug.
I would definitely appreciate an update from a Blizzard employee. This is getting ridiculous.
Another Workaround is to simply kill the explorer.exe process.

- Run the game first
- Bring the task manager up (CTRL+ALT+DEL) or Right-click your task bar.
- Terminate "Windows Explorer" in the list.
- Play normaly.

When you're done with the game, get your desktop back :

1) Task manager
2) File Menu > New task
3 type : "explorer.exe" - press enter.

Works wonderfuly for me.
08/14/2014 03:59 AMPosted by cibo
do you think this year you will fix this bug.
Glad I not the only one....Sadly it seem like every one here have hard time with it.... I just hope This get fix later on...

I was going bananas thinking it was just me....
My husband has been playing hearthstone alot and he has been having trouble with it the past few weeks everytime he minimizes it it crashes on him he is workin on windows 8.1 It doesnt do it when he is playing WoW everytime hearthstone crashes he has to control alt delete to get it to close. He even refreshed his windows and redownloaded it twice and it still does same thing only way to close it cuzz it wont come back up is ctrl alt delete and he can then close the program? He has now even reformated his computer thinking it was on his end I will have him try these things its been happening now for a few weeks.
My husband has been playing hearthstone alot and he has been having trouble with it the past few weeks everytime he minimizes it it crashes on him he is workin on windows 8.1 It doesnt do it when he is playing WoW everytime hearthstone crashes he has to control alt delete to get it to close. He even refreshed his windows and redownloaded it twice and it still does same thing only way to close it cuzz it wont come back up is ctrl alt delete and he can then close the program? He has now even reformated his computer thinking it was on his end I will have him try these things its been happening now for a few weeks.
My game isn't crashing, but there is a notable lag now in the game. The damn crash after exit the game happens all the time, except when I close the game with Alt+F4. Its boring, but it works.
I have Windows 8.1. Ending the explorer.exe process prior to quitting the game prevents it from locking up my computer as well.
How about when this problem occurs on iPad minis? Any fix for that?
08/08/2014 01:56 PMPosted by Omrakos
(borrowed from our EU Tech Support forum)

We are currently investigating multiple reports of stability issues with Hearthstone version 1.1.0.6187 and Windows 8/8.1. Symptoms may include:

• Ingame performance issues such as stuttering and poor frame rates
  • Persistent Hearthstone crashes
  • OS instability when exiting Hearthstone
  • Alt-tabbing/minimizing/app closing issues

The development team is actively working on resolving these issues as quickly as possible and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may want to try these workarounds:

For the alt+tab Issue
Pressing alt+enter twice after you've highlighted Hearthstone should bring you back into the client properly.

For the Crashing/Performance/Stability Issues
1. Open the Battle.net Desktop App and select Hearthstone.
2. Click on the Options menu and select 'Show in Explorer'.
3. Find 'Hearthstone.exe' in the installation directory, right-click on it and go to 'Properties'.
4. In the 'Compatibility' tab select 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
4. Set the field to 'Windows 7'.
5. Click 'OK' and try to run the game as normal.

Our QA team is currently gathering data on this issue [url="http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13733933353"]here[/url]. We will also leave this sticky thread open so that you can share your experiences and we can continue to provide updates while our developers work to resolve these issues for those affected.

Many thanks.

I tried doing that and whenever I exit hearthstone my computer crashes and I have to push the power button. Is any fix coming so I can play this game?
The bug happens to people that have three win8.1 PCs in the same house, 100% chance to reproduce the bug for them on all 3 pcs, but the Devs here can't reproduce it and figure it out?

It makes the game unplayable. stuttering in game and then the hassle after you exit, ruining naxx for me.....
I was having bad mid-game "hiccups" lasting anywhere from 1 second to 10+ and beyond. It would steadily degrade the more I played.

I switched to Windowed mode and have not had the problem in over a few hours of play.
How long has it been already? Do they have a fix in the works yet or what?
As both a player and a programmer/tester I am highly disappointed that this critical bug was let through and that the patch has not been reverted even after all this time. At least give us an update on how things are progressing.
Can you please fix the darn thing? Geez. The compatibility mode thing does nothing.
Try the following works for me on windows 8.1 run HS in windowed mode when u want to exit do so by click the red X top right corner of the application's window
HELLO......../Knock knock knock...........BLIZZARD !!!!!!!......./Knock knock knock................ARE YOU THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How bout an update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or is this just swept under the rug by now ??????????????????????????
I always play in windowed mode. Using Alt-Enter works to bring the application back if I minimize it, but I then have to change the resolution of the game in order for it to continue being playable. When it comes time to exit the game, no matter what method used to close the application it crashes the computer. Even restarting with it still running causes the system to hang (waited over 10 minutes to see if it would recover and restart but nope). Running in Windows 7 compatibility mode did not fix the problem. Due to my circumstances, this bug has made the game completely unplayable for me. Please fix soon.

Windows 8.1, i3-3770, 8gb ram, 128gb samsung ssd, 1tb wd hd, nvidia gtx 650 Ti.