Mac Technical Support

Welcome to Mac Technical Support Welcome to the Mac Technical Support forum for StarCraft II! This forum exists to provide StarCraft II customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-5pm Pacific, 5 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues: http://battle.net/support If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so through the following channels: Online Ticket - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Battle.net account. Phone Support - You can schedule a callback from us from 10am - 6pm Pacific time, 5 days a week. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports should be directed to the bug report forums (unless Mac OS X specific bugs): http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13440/ Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums. When requesting assistance with or discussion an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions. Machkhan0
Mar 12, 2013
Mac OS 10.11.5 Now Available Apple has released their newest OS Update, 10.11.5. Patch notes for this release can be found on Apple's website. Both for system security and game compatibility, we recommend keeping your Operating System up to date. Some issues that previously impacted game performance have been addressed as well! Glaxigrav0
May 19
Nova Cutscenes Displaying Incorrectly We are aware of a shader issue affecting some cutscenes in the Nova mission pack on Macs. We are working on a fix and will have an update soon. Thank you for your patience! Glaxigrav0
Mar 25
Low FPS in Windowed (Fullscreen) Mode We're aware of an OS bug where running some games in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode an cause a severe drop in FPS in-game. We anticipate this is addressed in the next OSX build. In the meantime, there are two different workarounds that may help! 1. Running the game in Fullscreen Running the game in fullscreen should not have the FPS degradation above. This does limit some functionality, such as ease of tabbing out of game without redrawing your desktop and Applications. 2. Minimize all background windows using Flash (including Battle.net App) Flash applications drawn behind a Windowed (Fullscreen) application cause FPS loss. The Battle.net Desktop App uses Flash elements as well, so minimizing this on launch can help. 1. Open the Battle.net App > Settings. 2. On the General Tab, locate the When I launch a Game dropdown. 3. Select Close the Battle.net Window 4. Click Done to finalize your changes. Glaxigrav0
Mar 8
Engineers wanted!!! Check out these job openings: Senior Software Engineer, Graphics Associate Software Engineer, Tools S4d1k1
Nov 24
Common Technical Issues and Solutions Hello friends! Below, you will find frequently posted technical issues with relevant support articles that may help resolve your issues. Low frame rates and performance during gameplay Lockups, crashes, black screens during startup or gameplay This is a living document, so please check back from time to time for updated common issues. Thanks! Machkhan0
Mar 12, 2013
14h
Battle.net wont open on Mac Hi Team. Battle.net wont open on Mac OS. Its stuck on the page that says starting battle.net and doesn't do anything further. donny1
1d
Can my Mac Run SCII? https://s32.postimg.org/quw65dsol/Screen_Shot_2016_07_25_at_12_50_01_AM.png DefHalan1
3d
Can't reinstall battle.net App When i tried to reinstall the app on my mac it say" Whoops! Look like something broke(or crashed). Please try restarting the Battle.net desktop app and/or your computer." I did what it say and still not working. Please help ASAP thanks. Kirito1
4d
Quick Quit - keys, plz! Quick Quit - keys, plz! How to quickly quit SC2?(Cmd+Shift+Q no longer works!) KulZizop1
Jul 22 Jul 21 Jul 16
No Sound Every other program has sound and Starcraft had sound the day before. I've tried ctrl + s and ctrl + m and restoring the sound settings. I also rebooted and checked the sound output in system preferences. Christopher34
Jul 16
Connect Button is disabled, can't login My Macbook Pro died, and I ordered a new one, downloaded and installed SC 2 and patched it. When I type in my username the connect button stays disabled and I can't click on it. I tried launching the SC 2 Editor and authenticate from there but it says it failed to log me in. I've reset my account password, and it still fails to log me in. Suggestions? Rockamore9
Jul 14
New updates won't finish Haven't played the game in about nine months but the new updates stopped about half-way through. Have the latest OS. Internet is clearly working. Please use magic to help Derski2
Jul 14
Battle.net keeps on d/c For some reason, my game keeps on disconnecting and re-connecting to battle.net when I'm playing SP. It is getting annoying. Is there a solution? Razorwing55
Jul 11
Crashes in macOS 10.12 Sierra Public Beta Hello, on my test system I installed the new public beta, and StarCraft 2 seems to studder and crash a few minutes after launch. Restarts did not resolve the issue. I submitted crash reports each time. rMBP 15 Late 2013 2.3 GHz i7 /16GB DDR3 GT 750M 2GB / Iris Pro Just wanted to share my experience just in case anyone else was in the same boat. P.S. - Hrm, just thought of this, I'll try disabling automatic graphics switching and attempt again this evening. John2
Jul 11
Metal support for lotv? According to the WWDC keynote, blizzard was one of the supporters of metal. Just wondering if LoTV will be taking advantage of the advertised performance improvements? Thanks. Mugy21
Jul 11
Scanning Game Files Endless Loop I have been trying to update my SC2 client for a while now. I uninstalled it, restarted my computer, reinstalled battle net, ect. and nothing is working. It keeps telling me its scanning game files and it is stuck in an endless loop. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? OOVisionary22
Jul 9
Achievements not loading/registering In short: I can see no achievements in SC2. No graphics for badges are loading, no old achievements seem to have registered, no unearned achievements are visible. It's like the feature doesn't exist in the game. Repair tool says everything is fine. With slightly more detail: I installed Starcraft on my machine for Legacy of the Void. I haven't played since 6 months or so after HotS launched and that was on an old computer (i.e. completely fresh install). I didn't think anything of achievements not showing up shortly after the launch, what with the "Achievements have been disabled" notice coming up. It has been a few days now, however, and I see that others are discussing various new achievements so they are obviously online. I have run the repair tool but everything seems to be fine there. Still I can literally see no achievement in the game. 0% progress on all campaigns despite the fact that I just finished a replay of the HotS campaign. I can't even see the badges for earned or unearned achievements. It's like they don't even exist in the game. Even after completing a mission, where the three achievements badges would be is blank (though I do get a description of the achievements that should be there if I mouse over the space). A quick search didn't reveal anyone having similar issues. Would be nice to have some light shed on this one... {EDIT} Looking through my profile, it's a little more extensive than just achievements. At the base of the Profile Summary screen there is a note "Error: Experience Data Unavailable". The game knows that I've played 2570 games and that I was in gold league in 2010, Season 1, but that's about it. No portraits earned, no decals, etc. Though it does have my mach histories from 146 weeks ago... Helo10
Jul 8
Cannot Log In After losing an arcade game, it says i lost connection to battle.net. Checked my Wi-Fi and it's fine. Tried re-logging in and it says "Connecting to Battle.net." It wasn't the Wi-Fi problem because how am i writing this at the moment? I thought it was the server, but to make sure, i asked my friend to see if he could log in. He could. I then also tried logging on other servers (Europe, Asia, Southeast Asia) and I CAN log in on this servers. So I restarted my laptop, tried logging in once again, and same thing pops up. ("Connecting to Battle.net"). After seeing that, I decide to go here and ask, but another problem: It says something is wrong with my proxy server. So i turned it off and I can finally get here, writing this situation. Finally, i thought maybe i can log in Starcraft this time. Unfortunately, no, same problem. I appreciate any help. Thank you. Nerdasaurus2
Jul 6
Razer Naga Mouse Problems I have a Razer Naga mouse (The one with the number pad on the side). After this recent patch I can't create a control group using the numbers on the mouse and the ctrl key, but if I use the control key and the numbers on the keyboard it works. Will there be a fix for this? Any known solutions? LoveCrashes70
Jul 5 Jul 5
Please help me download Heart of the Swarm So i bought a hard copy of the expansion HotS today, i put the disk into my Mac, everything seems to be going well. The startup asks me for my password because Star Craft is trying to change stuff, so i do that. The battlenet opens up and starts to initialize the game and I'm watching the download bar, and all of a sudden it disappears. this keeps happening even after I've turned off firewall and tried to manually open the game. I own a Macbook, currently playing StarCraft, and it worked fine when i downloaded it. So my issue is there is no initializing of the expansion, it doesn't download or do anything, wtf do i do please help. CaptainCrunk3
Jul 4
Campaign Mission won't start Game reboots every time i try to play the campaign missions. it works fine with prologues missions, but it won't start the new legacy of the void campaign missions and reboots to main menu during loading / streaming. im using mac OS yosemite and i online- installed through starcraft2.com. Has anyone had same / similar issues? Is there any patch for this bug? itsnotsue33
Jul 4
can't start up game! I play starcraft on an iMac and i'm unable to start up the game. My computer recognizes that I've inserted the disk but I can't locate the option to start up the game, how do I begin playing? carver1
Jul 1 Jun 30
Possible Hot Corners solution? I know some of us were reporting that our Hot Corners became inactive after quitting SC2 and then having to re-enable them in System Preferences. I normally play at the suggested resolution of 1920x1080 while my native resolution is 2560x1440. Yesterday I changed SC2 to 2560x1440 to match the native res of my iMac. Once I quit the game at 2560x1440 I tested the Hot Corners and sure enough they were all active and working properly. Initially, this caught my attention after exiting a lower res game and noticing the only hot corner that worked was the upper left corner that I had assigned a function to. I was imagining, very simply, that if SC2 was at 1920x1080 it may originate from the upper left (technically) and then stretch to fill the screen. Anyway, just speculating on why the upper left worked. Hope this helps (and gets fixed in 1.4.2)!! Cleverwater13
Jun 30 Jun 30 Jun 30 Jun 29
Stuck on 'streaming data please wait' Every time I try to play a custom game I just get stuck on 'streaming data' endlessly. It happens when I just click play or create private game. Is there a fix to this? Papercut7
Jun 29
Editor Authentication When I try to use the editor, it gives me a popup window saying, "You must log in to Battle.net to authenticate your StarCraft II account before using the editor. Would you like to do so now?" I click Yes, and then type in my email and password, but it says, "Failed to log in to Battle.net as 'email' (Your login information was incorrect. Please try again.)\ I tried my email account and my forum username, my password and my StarCraft II authentication key. Nothing works. Computer is 10.5.8 Mac OS X. How do I fix the problem? Trfel23
Jun 25
Can't Play LOTV campaign I played through the first 4 missions but on the 5th every time I try to play it goes back to the home menu.Please Help. joshua1
Jun 23 Jun 18 Jun 18
Custom Maps Won't Show or Download When I go to the Custom Games section, and look for open games or try to browse maps and create my own, I'm stuck with the spinning recticle in the center of my screen. Maps don't load on screen. Yesterday they were loading but when I would try to create a game, my screen would show that I was downloading the map, but it never finished (I had friends in my group who downloaded the map in 5-10 seconds). So far, I've used the Terminal Flush, deleted my Battle.net cache, and last night I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still no luck. Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue. It seems like a server connectivity issue of some kind, but I have no firewalls or anything that I can imagine would be causing this problem. Thanks! EDIT: I also just remembered that watching Replays does not work either (I experience the same loading issue that I described above - the rest of my group would load a replay and watch it while I remained stuck in menus with a "Downloading..." status). EDIT 2: I can now no longer see matchmaking of any kind. Only thing that works is campaign... Please help!! AaronRodgers17
Jun 16
Can't install/update SCII on Mac. Help Please Hello need help installing SCII on my mac after it tried updating i got this error "An unexpected error has occurred. Last 3 digits of the error code contains: 2BC, 2BD, 83E, 834, 848, 852, 8A2, 8A6, 8AC, 8AD, 8AE, 8FC, 906, 907, 908, 960, 974, 975, 97A, 97E, 97F, 980, 981, 987, 988, 9C4, BC1" I followed all the steps, updated flash, MAC OS, uninstalled game but no success Please help Thanks ArmCmdr2
Jun 14 Jun 12 Jun 12 Jun 11
Consistent game crashing bug How to recreate: - Play arcade game Desert Strike HOTS - Finish game - View score screen - View replay for at least a while (possibly on high speed) - Quit replay to score screen - Never get back to score screen because whole game crashes Mac OS 10.11.3 EMo3
Jun 10
Battle.net consistently refuse to shut down Howdy! In short: My battle.net app will not quit, even force quit, and keeps my computer from shutting down. I've had this problem for about a week now without being able to find a solution, and so I have come here to see if anyone else have experienced this problem before i reboot my entire computer. Detailed description of the problem After updating battle.net some time last week and opening starcraft it told me it recomends me to update my OS to keep it up do date with the latest starcraft patch for maximum compability. So I did, but after that battle.net refuse to quit. When i try to shut it down it will close the window but the app will still show as open in my dock. When I then try to force quit it, in any way, (including from the activity monitor) it will stay in the dock. If I reopen battle.net, it will just start a new instance of the app, leaving me with two battle.net apps in the dock. The biggest problem this causes is that it keeps me from being able to shut down my mac without having to force shut it down manually by holding down the power button, which I know should be avoided for the health of the mac. But this is now the only way I can shut down my mac, even if I start my mac, dont open battle.net, and try to shut it off again. It does however shut down normally when I try to start it in safe mode. I have tried to uninstall battle.net, following this link: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/6715 It seemingly worked but I could still not shut down my mac. when I reinstalled battle.net I still have the same problem with the app, that it refuse to be shut down. Which leads me to suspect that the problem part of the app did not get uninstalled. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this, and what I can do? Is the only solution to re-install the OS? Thanks in advance! Klesk0
Jun 5
Voice chat not working for Mac, 1.4.2 I recently had a party with two mac users and two pc users. The two pc users were able to use the standard Starcraft voice chat with each other with no difficulty. However, myself and the other macbook user were not able to hear anything, nor were we able to be heard. I am using a 2010 Macbook Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB ram, 2.26GHz processor speed). I am unsure of what the other macbook user has specs wise, but I believe it is a 2011 Macbook pro. In earlier patches, I had no problem using the voice chat to communicate with other members of my party. I know for sure that it worked as of 1.4. However, after toggling every button I could in the voice options, there was still no effect. Mute was not toggled, microphone and speakers work (we were able to chat using google+). Is this an error with the new patch, and are others having this problem? If not, what should I do to re-enable voice chat? Thank you for your time. Lawman16
Jun 2 Jun 1 May 31 May 30 May 30 May 28