Mac Technical Support

Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014 Sep 13, 2014 Sep 12, 2014
Can't click play button Hello, I can't seem to click the 'play' button when the battle.net client loads. Any ideas? Screenshot: http://note.io/WPwOhb I should note this happened out of nowhere in the past 24 hours. BeanMachine1
Sep 12, 2014
SC2 crashes randomly in game OS X 10.9.4 As stated my sc2 crashes randomly in games.. I've lost about 40 games to ladder due to this issue this season alone. Issue report gives no real information about the crash. Has anyone experienced this or been able to resolve this issue? 73073BC4-EBA0-49FF-B2CD-472ED92D9F37 uzi2
Sep 9, 2014 Sep 3, 2014
Editor Won't Load on Mac I downloaded the latest patch today and after installing the patch, my Galaxy Editor won't load! When launching it from the desktop (or from in game), it simply gives the "beach ball" where it is supposed to load dependencies. The editor never pops up and you have to Force Quit to close the application. This was working fine before I had used the Blizzard launcher for the latest patch. To add to this, I decided to uninstall the game completely to see if a fresh re-install would work. I re-downloaded the game and while the game was loading onto my system (while the Blizzard Launcher was saying it was in the Optimizing phase), the editor worked fine! However, after the game was completely downloaded and after starting the game again, the editor ceased to work! I've copied the latest EditorLog file documenting the crash here: ==================================================================================================== SC2Editor (B25293) Executable /Applications/StarCraft II/StarCraft II Editor.app <Parameters> LocalTime 2013-04-05 00:47:16.871 <ComputerUser> (deleted) <ComputerName> MacBook Pro <Inspector.ProjectId> 3 <Inspector.IssueType> Exception <Inspector.BuildNumber> B25293 (SwarmLaunch) <Inspector.Branch> branches/SwarmLaunch <Inspector.Platform> Mac <Inspector.Module> Editor <Inspector.Priority> 1 - Critical <Inspector.Assignments> .Mac Team <Inspector.Summary> EXC_BAD_ACCESS (KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000000) <ErrorType> EXC_BAD_ACCESS <Application> SC2Editor ==================================================================================================== <Inspector.Assertion:> EXC_BAD_ACCESS KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000000 Thread ID:3079 0 0x00000000 1 0x00391CE2 "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" AssertAndCrash + 16834 2 0x0039191E "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" AssertAndCrash + 15870 3 0x003A6556 "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" AssertAndCrash + 100918 4 0x003A60DE "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" AssertAndCrash + 99774 5 0x0037A330 "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" GetBattlenetAllocator + 738160 6 0x003A7033 "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" AssertAndCrash + 103699 7 0x003A5448 "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" AssertAndCrash + 96552 8 0x01FBEAD3 "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" AssertAndCrash + 29560755 9 0x0193C282 "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" AssertAndCrash + 22734690 10 0x01934040 "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" AssertAndCrash + 22701344 11 0x01297329 "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" AssertAndCrash + 15767561 12 0x01297417 "com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor" AssertAndCrash + 15767799 13 0x910DF152 "com.apple.Foundation" __57-[NSNotificationCenter addObserver:selector:name:object:]_block_invoke_0 + 49 14 0x96BFD861 "com.apple.CoreFoundation" ___CFXNotificationPost_block_invoke_0 + 257 15 0x96B48E9A "com.apple.CoreFoundation" _CFXNotificationPost + 2794 16 0x910C7C88 "com.apple.Foundation" -[NSNotificationCenter postNotificationName:object:userInfo:] + 92 17 0x9703B0FE "com.apple.AppKit" -[NSApplication _postDidFinishNotification] + 367 18 0x9703ADB8 "com.apple.AppKit" -[NSApplication _sendFinishLaunchingNotification] + 249 19 0x97037D0F "com.apple.AppKit" -[NSApplication(NSAppleEventHandling) _handleAEOpenEvent:] + 751 20 0x97037824 "com.apple.AppKit" -[NSApplication(NSAppleEventHandling) _handleCoreEvent:withReplyEvent:] + 378 21 0x95177628 "libobjc.A.dylib" -[NSObject performSelector:withObject:withObject:] + 77 22 0x910E273A "com.apple.Foundation" __76-[NSAppleEventManager setEventHandler:andSelector:forEventClass:andEventID:]_block_invoke_0 + 121 23 0x910E2291 "com.apple.Foundation" -[NSAppleEventManager dispatchRawAppleEvent:withRawReply:handlerRefCon:] + 430 24 0x910E208E "com.apple.Foundation" _NSAppleEventManagerGenericHandler + 173 25 0x964A9A35 "com.apple.AE" aeDispatchAppleEvent(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, unsigned long, unsigned char*) + 331 26 0x9647EFBE "com.apple.AE" dispatchEventAndSendReply(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*) + 44 27 0x9647EE7D "com.apple.AE" aeProcessAppleEvent + 318 28 0x901D2C58 "com.apple.HIToolbox" AEProcessAppleEvent + 100 29 0x97033D4D "com.apple.AppKit" _DPSNextEvent + 1655 30 0x970331DC "com.apple.AppKit" -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 119 31 0x9702963C "com.apple.AppKit" -[ Nuknfuts24
Sep 3, 2014 Aug 31, 2014 Aug 30, 2014 Aug 29, 2014 Aug 26, 2014
Battle.net thinks I'm offline, only SCII I finally downloaded the game and was looking forward to playing, but I kept having it tell me it was connecting to steaming server, which would eventually fail. Other times, it skips that and immediately tells me I can't play offline until I have logged in at least once. Fair enough, if it would let me. I've updated everything on my Mac that is typically suggested, and no luck. No firewall, ports seem to be fine. I tried to run the Scan and Repair and it wouldn't even do that because it claims it can't connect to the internet. So I can't figure out if it's the client or the game...I would have guessed it was my network but I'm clearly on the internet right now, and my other games like HearthStone have no problem launching. Any advice? I'd rather not delete and redownload if I can avoid it, and I don't particularly want to do anything that will put my ability to play other Blizzard games at risk, but at this point I will take any help I can get! JTRyan4
Aug 22, 2014
8/20 - Login Issues Affecting Battle.net We're aware of the current difficulties with logging in to the game right now and investigating the cause. Updates will be posted in this thread when available. Since this affecting all titles, please check the linked thread for consistent updates. Thanks! Glaxigrav1
Aug 21, 2014
Consistently Crashes or Fails to Start I've been having this problem for a couple days, and have reported it under error 719943C2-7856-4BC4-BDEA-1582613F692F. Basically, when I try to start a local custom game against AI, the game either crashes while loading, or gets to the end of the loading bar, and hangs (I tried letting it just run, but I was waiting almost an hour with no movement). I've tried repairing, I've tried correcting permissions, I've tried reinstalling. Any thoughts? YTrozS1
Aug 20, 2014
Play Button is locked! I saw another thread says it was resolved. Actually not. limi1
Aug 10, 2014
cant find the map editor I can't find out how to start up the map editor. can anyone help me out here? CrimsonFist5
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014
An Internal error has occured After i downloaded Heart of the Swarm, game ran fine with good graphics and no crashes. Apon exiting and coming back to it the next day, The message "An internal error has occured, please restart. If problems persist please contact customer service." I fully uninstalled both games and re-downloaded and played last night fine. The same message came up again today. Rather then downloading Heart of the Swarm again to force the app to open, as i did with Diablo III (cause i was having the same message and problem but I thought that was from the Digital Purchase from Battle.net) I actually went to customer service lol. Please resolve this issue soon cause Starcraft II is one of my favorite games and i'd like the kill Mengsk as soon as possible and avenge Jim Raynor. Always, Fridley Fridley12
Aug 9, 2014 Aug 8, 2014
Game crashes after playing 1 and a half match Hello, I have been experiencing frequent crashes of Starcraft 2 on my macbook pro. It almost always crashes after playing 1 to 1,5 matches, the screen freezes and then Starcraft shuts off. no errors of any kind and only the blizzard report screen appears I repaired Starcraft first and it didn't help, So i re-installed it. But the problem is still there. I have checked all my hardware and looked at heating problems but I don't see anything strange. I have been running the game on this machine since last summer, worked fine until last week. it also doesn't have anything to do with the connection to battle.net, it also crashes in offline mode. anyone else with these problems? any solutions? I live and usually play on EU servers but there is no Mac Support forum there. Mementos7
Aug 7, 2014
Very slow and chopped image My StarCraft is very laggy, even though I'm using the minimum graphics configuration, I wonder if there is something that I can do to imporove the performance or if my computer is just slow for sc2: MacBook Pro 2.8 Intel Core 2 Duo 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM 7200 rpm HardDrive NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB OSX 10.9 Isn't this config supose to have a good performance? rad1
Aug 5, 2014
Clan Roster Whenever I go to my clan page on the clan roster it shows only 14 members including myself(I am the clan leader) but when ever I go to the "info" tab it says we have 25 members which we really do, Example my friend is in my clan and when I go to his profile it says he is, but when I go to the clan roster it doesn't show him, Apparently it is like that for everyone because they keep asking me what happened to all the clan members. Please HELP! its bugging me. The clan name is "LGOSU" search that and it will come up THANKS! ThePanda3
Aug 4, 2014
incorrect graphics card detection Hi - I've been wondering for a while whether or not I should make a topic for this, but here goes. My MacBook Pro has two graphics cards - an Iris Pro and a GeForce GT 750M. For some reason, the SystemCheck app used to sign up for beta tests only detects the Iris Pro, even when automatic card switching is disabled (which forces use of the 750M). I'm concerned that a) This will effect my chances of being selected for any of the betas I have checked. b) That the Starcraft 2 game client is also detecting the wrong card and making incorrect suggestions for what settings to run on. Additionally, it seems as though Blizzard should be made aware of this bug in the SystemCheck app, but the ticketing system seems too scripted to allow me to report this - it keeps trying to redirect me to unrelated support topics. Bombadil1
Aug 4, 2014 Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014 Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014
Slow Launcher + Login Error Hi guys, I recently switched to a new wifi network -- I used to play on my home network (which worked fine), but now I'm on my college network. The first problem I'm having is the launcher is taking forever to launch the game. First, it says "initializing" in the bottom right corner of the launcher. The "PLAY" button is greyed out. Then, after waiting about 10 minutes, the button turns orange. I click it, and the "initializing" changes to "loading." A minute or two later, the launcher disappears and SC2 opens up. At the log in screen, I type in my email and press "continue"... at which point, I see the following message displayed: "The game is awaiting a response from Battle.net. The service may be temporarily unavailable or your internet connection may be down". I'm very sure this has to do with my wifi connection. The launcher and game load just fine on the xfinity wifi that's also available on campus. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks for your help guys! Much appreciated. NinjaPirate1
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 28, 2014 Jul 24, 2014
FPS drop Specs: Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28) On low graphics settings, I initially get 120-140 FPS at the start of the game, about 1 minute in, it hovers around 80, and then from 2 minutes onward it stutters between 8 FPS and 60. Before yesterday, it held fairly consistent between 100 and 120. What changed? I've tried: -Closing all programs -Shutdown -NVRAM reset -Repair tool -Deleting game and all support files and reinstalling. Issue persists. Novabench gives same graphics rating as before. No graphics/game settings were changed. Nothing new was installed on the computer. What happened yesterday? Shimdidly5
Jul 24, 2014
Play button loop. Mac 10.9.4 Hi there, when I click the "Play" button to launch Starcraft 2 from the battlenet window it displays "launching" but then after a few moments it turns back to it's original color displays "play" again without launching the game. I'm pretty lost as to why this is happening. The firewall appears to be allowing it to connect and the files seem to be in the right place as well. Stayflac1
Jul 21, 2014
"Failed to launch a critical file" Just bought HotS and installed from scratch. The launcher says it completed updating all files, but when I click play I get "Failed to launch a critical file." It asks me to disable antivirus (don't think I have any) or login as admin (already am). It's not surprising that the launcher can't seem to find critical files, as I can't find them either. There is no Applications/Starcraft II folder on my computer. (I always install everything in Mac HD/Applications, didn't really look at what the installer was set to, because installers generally default to the applications folder). When I search for files or applications named Starcraft, the only thing found on the entire HD is "Starcraft II-Setup-enUS." I can't even reinstall, because when I run the setup app, it says all the files are there...but they're not there, I don't know where it thinks they are so I can delete them. getting pretty upset - would like to spawn more overlords. Wowbagger8
Jul 20, 2014
Mac Update 10.9.4 Game crashes at startup After I installed my mac updates, the game client would not open. I had all my permissions open and such, so I uninstalled the game. When I went to reinstall the game, the installer crashed. I tried using both the client download and my original Wings of Liberty DVD. Any ideas? LiverFox9
Jul 17, 2014
Important Notice: OSX 10.6.x Users Update: Yesterday's Battle.net Update applied a resolution for this issue. Mac 10.6 users should now be able to install Blizzard Games again. Thank you for your patience! ------------------------ We’re currently aware of an issue that is causing users on Mac OS X 10.6 to be unable to install games. Patching and updating your games should still work as expected; this will only happen with a brand new install. We have a fix for this and we are working on getting it out to you all as soon as possible. In the interim we ask that you DO NOT uninstall any currently installed games or the Desktop App – doing so will then make you unable to reinstall those products. Thanks! Original Message posted here. Glaxigrav1
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 13, 2014
Starcraft 2 Map Editor Crashes On Startup The only reason I even bought this game was for the map editor, so I am pretty choked. After fighting with Blizzard's garbage "submit a ticket" nonsense for the past hour, I have come here. All I want is to be able to use the product I have purchased. The map editor crashes on startup with no error message or any GUI appearing at all. It "freezes" and I have to force-quit the application. I am on a Macbook Pro 15 inch 2GHz Intel Core i7 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM Enough hard-disk space to fully install the game and it's expansion with room to spare. I have read dozens of forums and never found a working solution. Thank you for your time. MarkelD3
Jul 13, 2014
Match loading screen get stuck Everytime it gets stuck and the losses are adding to my account. http://tweakers.net/ext/f/grZ3H8AKUJACR238Sbzqbcky/full.png http://tweakers.net/ext/f/7rYeB3xjaYxef36UJ0rcKQyw/full.png http://tweakers.net/ext/f/stwiYSeTeCFJw5pzPdWfxNIB/full.png I have reinstalled OSX , 10.9 and 10.10, no fix! i cant play atm! :( :( :( What can i do? PinoKotsBeer6
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 8, 2014 Jul 7, 2014
Intel Iris Graphics Hey all, I'm considering buying a MacBook Pro for school, but I would also like it to be able to run Starcraft II decently. Has anyone had experiences with the current model, particularly the Intel Iris Graphics card? How has it performed so far, and on what settings? Would it be better to wait for the next model? nivlaC1
Jul 7, 2014
Id like to create a map I want to create a map if only for me, but i cant seem to find any way to do so on my Mac Book Pro, my question is then is it even possible? should i even try? WHAT AM I MISSING?!?! thanks again ArcaneCrow1
Jul 7, 2014
[UPDATE] Details on Mac OS X 10.6 Support [Update 1/7/2014] Back in December 2012, with the impending release of patch 2.0, we announced that Mac OS X 10.6 will no longer be supported, and recommended upgrading to at least OS X 10.7.5. We hope you have had a chance to upgrade, as our support for OS X 10.6 will officially drop in the upcoming patch. Apple has made an upgrade much easier by releasing OS X 10.9 Mavericks for free. Mac OS X 10.7 and Mac OS X 10.8 will continue to be fully supported, as explained in our Mac OS Support policy. For more Mac-related information and help, please visit our support site. --- In an upcoming patch, players using Mac OS X 10.6 will be presented with a message stating that we will no longer support Mac OS X 10.6 in the weeks prior to the launch of Heart of the Swarm with patch 2.0. During this time, you will be able to continue playing; however, once patch 2.0 is officially released, Mac OS X 10.6 will no longer be supported. We recommend Mac users upgrade their systems to Mac OS X 10.7.5 (or newer) as soon as possible. We are giving players advance notice of this change to ensure Mac users have enough time to update their operating systems in preparation for the release of StarCraft II Patch 2.0 and Heart of the Swarm. We will provide an additional update when we no longer provide technical support for Mac OS X 10.6. Mac OS X 10.7 and Mac OS X 10.8 will continue to be fully supported per the recently posted Mac OS Support policy here. For more Mac-related information and help, visit the support site. Aldrexus100
Jul 4, 2014
Why can't I download the game on my Mac? Game runs perfectly on my Windows, however, it doesn't work on my Mac, I download the game client, and it shows me that there is some verification problem and it asks me to go back http://www.blizzard.com/account/ to download it again, but the same thing keeps happening all the time, help!!! Zergisbug6
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014 Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014