Mac Technical Support

Jul 30, 2014 Map editor won't load Whenever I click on the application it doesn't load. It tries to start up but all that happens is the Application doesn't Respond and I'm forced to force quit the application.pAnic0 Jul 30, 2014
Jul 30, 2014 SC2 map editor for mac not working So as the title says i can't open it. Every time i attempt to open it, the application, never does. It just said "not responding" and while i have been searching the forums i haven't found a thread that fixed the issue. A lot was saying that I needed to delete a line of code. Or the ones that i did find were from about 4 years ago. So if anyone knows what the problem is could they please inform me? thank you.pAnic0 Jul 30, 2014
Jul 29, 2014 Slow Launcher + Login Error Hi guys, I recently switched to a new wifi network -- I used to play on my home network (which worked fine), but now I'm on my college network. The first problem I'm having is the launcher is taking forever to launch the game. First, it says "initializing" in the bottom right corner of the launcher. The "PLAY" button is greyed out. Then, after waiting about 10 minutes, the button turns orange. I click it, and the "initializing" changes to "loading." A minute or two later, the launcher disappears and SC2 opens up. At the log in screen, I type in my email and press "continue"... at which point, I see the following message displayed: "The game is awaiting a response from Battle.net. The service may be temporarily unavailable or your internet connection may be down". I'm very sure this has to do with my wifi connection. The launcher and game load just fine on the xfinity wifi that's also available on campus. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks for your help guys! Much appreciated.NinjaPirate1 Jul 29, 2014
Jul 28, 2014 Portraits Anyone else's are out of whack? A lot of mine don't line up and not sure if it's my client or if it's everyone's because there's a problem in the code.Deso0 Jul 28, 2014
Jul 24, 2014 Blizzard Launcher stuck at "initializing" Every time I launch the game, it sits at the launcher and never goes anywhere. . . . if I turn off the network connection, it immediately lets me play, but then my 1v1 Ranked race selection buttons are missing and it thinks I need to do a placement match . . . even though I'm currently about 50 games into the season. I've tried: 1) resetting permissions in the SC2 folder 2) deleting the shared Battle.Net folder in the Users drive 3) Restarting the computer 4) reinstalling the game Help????Sutton0 Jul 24, 2014
Jul 24, 2014 FPS drop Specs: Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28) On low graphics settings, I initially get 120-140 FPS at the start of the game, about 1 minute in, it hovers around 80, and then from 2 minutes onward it stutters between 8 FPS and 60. Before yesterday, it held fairly consistent between 100 and 120. What changed? I've tried: -Closing all programs -Shutdown -NVRAM reset -Repair tool -Deleting game and all support files and reinstalling. Issue persists. Novabench gives same graphics rating as before. No graphics/game settings were changed. Nothing new was installed on the computer. What happened yesterday?Shimdidly5 Jul 24, 2014
Jul 21, 2014 Play button loop. Mac 10.9.4 Hi there, when I click the "Play" button to launch Starcraft 2 from the battlenet window it displays "launching" but then after a few moments it turns back to it's original color displays "play" again without launching the game. I'm pretty lost as to why this is happening. The firewall appears to be allowing it to connect and the files seem to be in the right place as well.Stayflac1 Jul 21, 2014
Jul 20, 2014 "Failed to launch a critical file" Just bought HotS and installed from scratch. The launcher says it completed updating all files, but when I click play I get "Failed to launch a critical file." It asks me to disable antivirus (don't think I have any) or login as admin (already am). It's not surprising that the launcher can't seem to find critical files, as I can't find them either. There is no Applications/Starcraft II folder on my computer. (I always install everything in Mac HD/Applications, didn't really look at what the installer was set to, because installers generally default to the applications folder). When I search for files or applications named Starcraft, the only thing found on the entire HD is "Starcraft II-Setup-enUS." I can't even reinstall, because when I run the setup app, it says all the files are there...but they're not there, I don't know where it thinks they are so I can delete them. getting pretty upset - would like to spawn more overlords.Wowbagger8 Jul 20, 2014
Jul 17, 2014 Mac Update 10.9.4 Game crashes at startup After I installed my mac updates, the game client would not open. I had all my permissions open and such, so I uninstalled the game. When I went to reinstall the game, the installer crashed. I tried using both the client download and my original Wings of Liberty DVD. Any ideas?LiverFox9 Jul 17, 2014
Jul 16, 2014 Important Notice: OSX 10.6.x Users Update: Yesterday's Battle.net Update applied a resolution for this issue. Mac 10.6 users should now be able to install Blizzard Games again. Thank you for your patience! ------------------------ We’re currently aware of an issue that is causing users on Mac OS X 10.6 to be unable to install games. Patching and updating your games should still work as expected; this will only happen with a brand new install. We have a fix for this and we are working on getting it out to you all as soon as possible. In the interim we ask that you DO NOT uninstall any currently installed games or the Desktop App – doing so will then make you unable to reinstall those products. Thanks! Original Message posted here.Glaxigrav1 Jul 16, 2014
Jul 13, 2014 Unexpected Error after upgrading to Mac 10.9 I have a mid-2010 Macbook Pro and I was playing SCII quite comfortably on it on OS 10.7. Recently I upgraded to 10.9 (currently 10.9.4). When ever I try to play SCII, I get an error during launching saying Unexpected Error occurred. Please try again. I think this error happens while the launcher tries to download and upgrade to new patch. I do get an option to play momentarily before the error and when I click on PLAY button, the game starts normally but at the login screen of Battle.net I get the error that you need to upgrade to play in this region or select other region. I have no option but to restart the game and face the same unexpected error. My region is EU and I had posted this there but they had asked me to try US forum as they have better knowledge of Mac OS. On their advice, I had deleted the Battle.net forum in Users/Shared directory but the problem persists.Taimur0 Jul 13, 2014
Jul 13, 2014 Starcraft 2 Map Editor Crashes On Startup The only reason I even bought this game was for the map editor, so I am pretty choked. After fighting with Blizzard's garbage "submit a ticket" nonsense for the past hour, I have come here. All I want is to be able to use the product I have purchased. The map editor crashes on startup with no error message or any GUI appearing at all. It "freezes" and I have to force-quit the application. I am on a Macbook Pro 15 inch 2GHz Intel Core i7 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM Enough hard-disk space to fully install the game and it's expansion with room to spare. I have read dozens of forums and never found a working solution. Thank you for your time.MarkelD3 Jul 13, 2014
Jul 10, 2014 Match loading screen get stuck Everytime it gets stuck and the losses are adding to my account. http://tweakers.net/ext/f/grZ3H8AKUJACR238Sbzqbcky/full.png http://tweakers.net/ext/f/7rYeB3xjaYxef36UJ0rcKQyw/full.png http://tweakers.net/ext/f/stwiYSeTeCFJw5pzPdWfxNIB/full.png I have reinstalled OSX , 10.9 and 10.10, no fix! i cant play atm! :( :( :( What can i do?PinoKotsBeer6 Jul 10, 2014
Jul 8, 2014 Stutter lag since upgrading to Mavericks I do have an older iMac with 4gig of ram but after reading multiple posts complaining about stutter lag during game play occurring even on newer Macs, I am really having a hard time believing this is all related to Mavericks and a need for a [lot] of ram. From what I can tell less an less people are playing Star Craft II an this is only going to reduce the numbers further. I cannot tolerate the lag an will not play again until it is corrected. It only gives my opponent an advantage while I am struggling with stutter lag. Very disappointed.Juggernaut0 Jul 8, 2014
Jul 7, 2014 Cinematics cut short, sound cutting out. Hey, When the cinematics play for the first time during campaign, they stop after about 10 seconds and cut to the next scene. Thus, I need to go back and replay the cinematic. When I do this it keeps going beyond where it cut off before, but depending on the length it will not play all of it. Also during gameplay and some interaction scenes the sound will suddenly drop. For example, a character will be speaking but one word into his speech and the sound drops, not picking up again until the other character speaks. During gameplay the music and other sounds will intermittently stop and the music will restart again. This occurs about every five minutes. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running 10.9.4 on a mid-2012 Macbook Pro, 2.7 Core i7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB. In game settings are set to default except for the movie quality which I changed from low to high because I like cinematics :) and my computer has no problem playing them on high.cronic0 Jul 7, 2014
Jul 7, 2014 Intel Iris Graphics Hey all, I'm considering buying a MacBook Pro for school, but I would also like it to be able to run Starcraft II decently. Has anyone had experiences with the current model, particularly the Intel Iris Graphics card? How has it performed so far, and on what settings? Would it be better to wait for the next model?nivlaC1 Jul 7, 2014
Jul 7, 2014 Id like to create a map I want to create a map if only for me, but i cant seem to find any way to do so on my Mac Book Pro, my question is then is it even possible? should i even try? WHAT AM I MISSING?!?! thanks againArcaneCrow1 Jul 7, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 [UPDATE] Details on Mac OS X 10.6 Support [Update 1/7/2014] Back in December 2012, with the impending release of patch 2.0, we announced that Mac OS X 10.6 will no longer be supported, and recommended upgrading to at least OS X 10.7.5. We hope you have had a chance to upgrade, as our support for OS X 10.6 will officially drop in the upcoming patch. Apple has made an upgrade much easier by releasing OS X 10.9 Mavericks for free. Mac OS X 10.7 and Mac OS X 10.8 will continue to be fully supported, as explained in our Mac OS Support policy. For more Mac-related information and help, please visit our support site. --- In an upcoming patch, players using Mac OS X 10.6 will be presented with a message stating that we will no longer support Mac OS X 10.6 in the weeks prior to the launch of Heart of the Swarm with patch 2.0. During this time, you will be able to continue playing; however, once patch 2.0 is officially released, Mac OS X 10.6 will no longer be supported. We recommend Mac users upgrade their systems to Mac OS X 10.7.5 (or newer) as soon as possible. We are giving players advance notice of this change to ensure Mac users have enough time to update their operating systems in preparation for the release of StarCraft II Patch 2.0 and Heart of the Swarm. We will provide an additional update when we no longer provide technical support for Mac OS X 10.6. Mac OS X 10.7 and Mac OS X 10.8 will continue to be fully supported per the recently posted Mac OS Support policy here. For more Mac-related information and help, visit the support site.Aldrexus100 Jul 4, 2014
Jun 26, 2014 Why can't I download the game on my Mac? Game runs perfectly on my Windows, however, it doesn't work on my Mac, I download the game client, and it shows me that there is some verification problem and it asks me to go back http://www.blizzard.com/account/ to download it again, but the same thing keeps happening all the time, help!!!Zergisbug6 Jun 26, 2014
Jun 25, 2014 Replay lag I'm having issues with Replays, everytime i watch one, no matter which server, the ingame timer comes to a number including 9, it lags for 1-5 seconds. It makes me hate watching replays. Anyone having the same issue or can help me? Pls leave an answerSiLenTNiGht1 Jun 25, 2014
Jun 25, 2014 MY SCREEN get stuck during match i have always problem beacause - it get lag and nothing i can do , if i switch programmes it goes black... :(Waccek0 Jun 25, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 Match Making screen not working Only have this problem when connected to the America server. Fine on south asia. http://imgur.com/J4XMjeQpukoh0 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 Graphics glitch making game unplayable The last three times I have loaded a game, including after restarting both the program and my computer, there have been serious graphics issues. The buildings are shadows with small spheres in their center to mark them, but with no way to distinguish them. My attacking units are sillhouettes, and my enemy's units are also blobs. I can't see where ramps are because there are white spheres everywhere. The game is completely unplayable, although amusing to look at.RobJackel0 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 Failed to launch critical file? I decided to reinstall the game after a few months or so. After i finished installing and updating to 100% optimization, i press play and a message pops up saying that it failed to launch critical file, help plz?Anonymous1 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 17, 2014 New (for me) in game crashing problem Hello everyone! It's my first time posting on the technical support on the US version of the battle.net website (or starcraft's one...). But anyhow, i have a big problem. Mainly, the problem i am about to reveal already has a topic about it, and it isn't even that far below this one, but since it is a post that is from 2013, and that there is 6 pages already on it, i doubt that anyone will come over and answer my/our questions, and even so, it would take more time than on this post. Please excuse me for doing such a thing. Right, so here is the problem in question. Once i open my starcraft, log on, and all the tralala, i come over to the arcade custom games tab. Until now, no problem has occurred, the game is running smoothly, the birds are singing and everyone's happy. But then i enter a lobby, it quickly fills up, and before we know, we are ingame. There, the problem starts. I begging to lag incredibly for the first minute, but it's not a lag where you drop to 15 fps, but you can still look around slower than the others, no. It's a lag that causes you to be, for the first few seconds of game, to be perfectly fine, 60 fps minimum, and then you drop to 1 fps, and back to 60, and then back to 1, and it goes like that constantly for an entire in game minute. After that, i inevitably crash. But this is not on a custom game where there is too many buildings, units, like some sort of zombie survival where the zombie units spawns to the infinite, and that the AI controls over 500 units, no. It's in the first minute of a game, where when you start, there is nothing on the entire map but props. Props and terrain. So my problem is in resume, that i cannot play starcraft anymore. May it be the campaign, the ladder, or the custom games, i simply cannot play anything. It is not a problem of how many players there is in the game, either, or what they do. I managed to crash in a single minute in one of these custom arcade games where there is nothing on the map but props, in 1 minute, while being alone. I keep my computer up to date, i carefully choose where i download my stuff on internet to NOT have viruses or malwares, i have way over the minimal requirements for the game to work. But i still have this problem. So finally. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I also have tried the "Scan and Repair" option on the battle.net app, but it did not worked either. I came here and created a topic after being certain of using every way i knew to try and solve my problem alone, but it simply did not worked. My thanks to anyone willing to help that will do so, -Matzerg.Matzerg0 Jun 17, 2014
Jun 11, 2014 2.1.2 Patch stalls won't download repair fail Someone please help i am trying to download the new 2.1.2 patch but it just stalls and stays there forever i have also tried to repair but it fails any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.Rockman4 Jun 11, 2014
Jun 9, 2014 2.0.4 Custom-Stuck on 'Entering Lobby' When creating a custom game of the last map I played before the update the game hangs on "entering lobby" which can not be cancelled without quitting the game. All other maps, including custom and stock blizzard maps, have errors downloading. Tried quitting/restarting app and osx, but there isn't much other diagnostic I know of. Any ideas? 10.8.2 on 2.0.4.24944Skookie5 Jun 9, 2014
Jun 7, 2014 [Patch 1.2 Editor] Warning: Missing String Warning: Missing string : This message pops up at EXACTLY 30 sec intervals. I reset everything to default setting, yet nothing is working. It is impossible to make a map. This warning message completely disables whatever you're working on. Is there a way to get rid of the error? Everything was working fine pre patch :(MoMoGai26 Jun 7, 2014
Jun 3, 2014 Game crashes 15-25 mins in every time i play B7D80EB2-235C-4448-97D1-703B15AA2AE3 Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 4 GB Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27 SMC Version (system): 1.69f4 Serial Number (system): C02HM23NDV7L Hardware UUID: FAD62590-7DC2-5673-BC7E-F9F716FCBB51 Sudden Motion Sensor: State: EnabledVindicem5 Jun 3, 2014
Jun 2, 2014 My StarCraft 2 Matchmaking button is locked I had just finished A match and it locked the play button and I can not select A race t to play or any other button to play. ThanksAgentA8 Jun 2, 2014
May 31, 2014 [Patch 2.1] SC2 doesn't run Hello everybody, first time I post here. I'm not English or American, so I'm not very good in English, sorry for that. I just have made the update for the last patch for HOTS (2.1), and now when I click on the "play" button, I've an error message, and the launcher close himself... I've search on the web, but I find nothing. I'm on macOS 10.6.8 snow leopard. The error message is: "Failed to launch a critical file. Please close all other applications, temporarily deactivate your anti-virus software, and try again. Alternatively, log in as an administrator and try again." Even when I'm administrator with only SC2 running, it's refuse to work :/ If somebody know how to fix it, it will be thankful ;)SeeoX15 May 31, 2014
May 31, 2014 Play button locked When I try to play any mode except training, the play button is greyed out and there is a lock symbol in the button. Upon hovering over the Play button a message appears that says "In order to access this content, you must upgrade your copy of SCII." I own Heart of the Swarm and upon checking my account I do not seem to have any locks or restrictions. I have included a url with screenshots of the issues reported above. http://imgur.com/a/c9Hq8EvilCalamari0 May 31, 2014
May 30, 2014 Map Download is "SLOW" everytime I click a map created by blizzard it downloads and stops at 99% and never goes on and the map size is only like from the range of 1mb-5mb So what do I do??? HELP!!:)Zeratul0 May 30, 2014
May 26, 2014 Update won't load Starcraft update stuck on "initializing", then says it had problems transferring data. My internet is working fine, tried restarting everything, tried under different profiles, made sure wife was logged out of Diablo III, tried everything on the forum. Ideas?NaughtyZoot1 May 26, 2014
May 26, 2014 The 10.5.8'ers StarCraft II is no longer playable for us 10.5.8 folk. Technology changes, OS advances, blah blah blah, I get it. Here's what I don't get. A game I played perfectly fine for the past couple years is no longer playable, period. It's one thing to not have the system requirements before I get a game. That's my bad. It's a completely different thing to have system requirements and then told you don't after owning and playing the game. That's your bad. One day I woke up and something I paid for is gone. Where did my money go? I should at least be allowed to play an "out of date" version of the game off-line, on my own, without new patches, with my own free will. What did I pay for? Where did my money go? I understand I can upgrade for $30, but I shouldn't have to. To play off-line? By myself? Throw us a bone. You literally took the game away from me.McKindzey53 May 26, 2014
May 25, 2014 Logitec M325 Mouse Behaving Erratically So I've searched this issue on here a few times and it looks like it's been going on for about 4 years at least with no real fixes... My logitec mouse performs fine outside of SC2. However, at random points during the game the mouse will jump and become unresponsive. Sometimes only for a split second (causing it not to register an important click) sometimes for 3-5 seconds. The batteries are fine, and again, the mouse works perfectly outside of SC2. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?VPLewbowski0 May 25, 2014
May 24, 2014 Error: BLZPTS0000J HELP! I am trying to download the game and every time i click on the setup icon I get a little box saying Error: BLZPTS0000J and that the blizzard launcher could not work properly or something... I have tried all the recommended fixes i could find on the support sitesBZTon5 May 24, 2014
May 24, 2014 "Failed to download a required file" I played HotS yesterday and everything was just fine. I can't play today, even though neither my computer nor network settings have changed. Here are the detailed steps I go through. When I try to launch Starcraft II, the progress bar does not fill and the message below stays at "Initializing". After a few seconds, there is a pop-up window with the following message : "Failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again." I did everything mentioned in the following support articles (including the advanced troubleshooting steps), except reinstalling. Support articles consulted : https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/article/sc2/235/300598 https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZBNTBTS00003 https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/article/sc2/235/300598 https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battlenet-update-agent-troubleshooting Setup : 2.7 GHz Core i5 iMac with 8 GB of RAM running Mac OS 10.8.5. Wired connection to the router (web works fine as I've been researching solutions on the same computer and am writing this post on that same computer right now). Permissions have been repaired with disk utility and then manually reset on the Starcraft app (applied to included files too). I deleted the Agent folder in /users/shared and even the whole Battle.net folder. The firewall is opened to all apps listed in the articles, I have power cycled my router. I do not run an antivirus. I have restarted many times without login items. I have quit the required background processes. Etc. So, is there any way to fix this without reinstalling? If I do have to reinstall, will my campaign progress be there after the reinstalls? TIA EricLogan4 May 24, 2014
May 19, 2014 gore settings for my mac are disabled i can't get my mac to get gore settings back on. unfortunately i have an old mac so i need the settings on low but i want to be able to see they dead bodies left behind.. can anyone help me with this?empty1 May 19, 2014
May 18, 2014 System Check for OS X doesn't launch My MacBook Pro I use Bootcamp to duel boot Windows 7, and for a while I used the Windows partition more then the Mac because most of the games I played were for PC. But now having switched back to the Mac as my primary I want to update my Beta Profile so it shows my Mac and not my PC. I downloaded the system checker and attempted to launch it, but nothing happened. I tried running it from multiple hard drives and it still works on the Windows partition. I have a MacBook Pro year 2012, OS X 10.9.2 (13C64).Validus4 May 18, 2014
May 18, 2014 need help with an updating error when the game is updating right after i download it, an error comes up it says.. "failed to extract required files from an archive. please try again. error code: BLZPTS00008" has anybody had this problem and solved it? please help, thanks.Cabinfever1 May 18, 2014
May 17, 2014 New Mac tower (2014) Freezes consistantly So my brand new 2014 mac pro tower, with dual GPU and and all that good stuff, keep freezing up my entire computer except the mouse. all other functions are unresponsive except for a hard boot. This problem even persists when i turn the graphics all the way down. sometimes is freezes up within 5 minutes or just last night I played for 3hr and no problems. today tried 3 times once at 10 min, another at lik 15, then again at like5. So then after doing the hard boot, there is no option to send an error report. is this a bug that exists because the mac pro having all new hardware and architecture? is there a patch that can fix this? The game runs just fine on my 2010 laptop (w/ graphics all teh way down and a fan on it. but it never crashes)TreasureTown2 May 17, 2014
May 11, 2014 failed launch says its connecting to streaming server and nothing is happening, if i close it and try again it says i need to update the patch, when i close to update it, it says its updated then i try to launch and im back to square oneKuno2 May 11, 2014
May 8, 2014 Starting up problems I've been playing SC2 for a while, but it hasn't been working lately. It continues to say. "Internal error occured"Goobala3 May 8, 2014
May 6, 2014 Can't Create, Join, or even Play. I'm using MacPro 13" (corei7) OS X 10.9.2. I haven't played and updated SC2 for almost a year. Today I decided to update the new patch 2.1 something. After i had gotten the patch up to date, I got into the game and found myself being unable to create or join a game(Loading take pretty long time as well). I read a few forum related to the problem and decided to download the maps from playing in the matchmaking system. Then this "clientsidecache_read_conection_failed" shown up, and I won't be able to download or play in the matchmaking. I want to know what is going on and how to fix it. Thank you.AiDumm2 May 6, 2014
May 3, 2014 Editor won't open I click on the editor icon and it bounces in the dock and then sits there. That's it. I right click on the dock icon and it says Application Not Responding and I have to force quit. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have hit scan / repair. Nothing works. Help?!ADoohShiny1 May 3, 2014
May 1, 2014 Error while optimizing When the game is almost at 'optimal' optimization on the initial start i receive the following error: The file "/applications/starcraft II/starcraft II publictest.app/contents/resources/mainmenu.nib" could not be created. the folder "mainmenu.nib" already exists. [conflictmanager:addfile] I've tried reinstalling multiple times. I even got this error when i tried to install to the mygames folder instead of the default. has anyone encountered this and figured it out?Duffman14 May 1, 2014
Apr 28, 2014 Can't Watch replay with others Why Can't I host a replay with others? When I host it, I wait for it to load and it says Temp Error try again in a while every time.Droplets1 Apr 28, 2014
Apr 26, 2014 Sub Menus not working? Need Help Please! I am making a map and i have made submenus and everything. but when i test it, it doesnt show as an option. it isnt there. I was wondering it this is just a testing thing or if i did something wrong. I would be very greatful if you helped me out. Thanks! -XxLonerManxXXxLonerManxX0 Apr 26, 2014
Apr 23, 2014 Some replays don't work? I've been truing to watch replays from iemcologne and other tourneys of the like from this year but it wont let me watch?EdwinSTZ0 Apr 23, 2014