Mac Technical Support

Detected incorrect Video Card I just got my new iMac 27" i7 3,5 GHz (16 GB RAM) and with the upgrade NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB (+ 3GB SSD/HD drive) My problem is that for some reason SC2 detects my buildin Intel Iris pro graphics card and NOT the NVIDIA. Ill also tryede the Battle.net SystemCheck and it also only sees the Intel Iris Pro (known issue by Blizzard) The suggested setting in StarCraft under "Options - Graphics" is Medium on both Textures and Graphics. My old system was a iMac 2009 and the suggested settings for this was High. Does anyone know how to force StarCraft to detect and use my NVIDIA graphics card? Hardware Overview: Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac14,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 3,5 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 8 MB Memory: 16 GB Boot ROM Version: IM142.0118.B00 SMC Version (system): 2.15f2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M: Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 4096 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x119e Revision ID: 0x00a2 ROM Revision: 3755 Displays: iMac: Display Type: LCD Resolution: 2560 x 1440 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes Connection Type: DisplayPort System Software Overview: System Version: OS X 10.9.1 (13B42) Kernel Version: Darwin 13.0.0 Boot Volume: Macintosh HD Boot Mode: Normal Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled Time since boot: 1:42 MacCab19
Jan 18 Jan 17 Jan 16 Jan 16 Jan 16 Jan 15 Jan 14 Jan 13 Jan 13 Jan 13 Jan 13 Jan 12
StarCraft II freezes at loading screen Hello, as of recently (last month or two) when I boot up starcraft it gets stuck at the loading the screen, the one with Jim Raynor looking at me. If it is in windowed mode, I can force quit it, but if I am in fullscreen I need to restart my computer. Once I restart my computer it works fine, but I have to do this every time I want to play Starcraft. Do you know how I can fix this? Jon14
Jan 11 Jan 10 Jan 10 Jan 6 Jan 6
Can't enter the game."An unexpected fatal err Hey, does any Mac users can not enter the game like me? I just purchased the Legacy of Void, and tried to enter the game. The screen turned black for just a second and back to my desktop, then it shows "An unexpected fatal error occurred." The report ID is 6C67A6E8-E396-4AA7-9BF7-55A39E43D5A6 It's pretty wired because same issue also happened on Heroes of the Storm on my Mac before. I am using a late 2013 MacBook Pro. Additionally, I tried to Resetting Game Folder & File Permissions and repairs tool, my OS software is up to date. Joelkira3
Jan 5 Jan 5 Jan 5 Jan 4 Jan 3 Jan 3 Jan 3
What's the Deal Blizzard? Mac Problems Ever since patch 3.0 when the new UI was implemented, I have been having so many problems with the game. It first started out where it would forget my log in info at log in screen and tell me I couldn't connect to bnet. It wasn't bad at first one restart of the game usually authenticated me in and it was fine. However as time went on that got worse and worse. It's to the point now where it literally takes me 30 minutes just to log in. Sometimes when I start up the game it has serious FPS issues, and the game is literally unplayable. So I restart and I get the FPS issue over and over until finally it starts up with no FPS issue and I can log in offline. Then when I log in using offline mode I have to wait about 30 minutes to an hour and then I can hit the log in button in the main menu which then prompts me to enter my password, allowing me online access. That has been going on for months now and as much as it pissed me off, I could deal with it until it's patched. However now I am also dealing with mouse issues, which I have read is due to the retina display of my mac. When I am in Fullscreen mode I can't even play the game because my mouse is unresponsive and it teleports and flies all over the screen. So the solution to this is to play in windowed mode with confine mouse cursor set to off. While yes this does work it creates a number of problems in itself. When I am in windowed mode with my mouse unconfined I constantly click on other stuff on my screen, either completely minimizing my game or causing the mouse to start operating outside of the game and on my desktop which makes me not able to do anything in game. It cause me to go outside of the window and and bugs the game to where I can't scroll in game unless I click on the window a few times. This has happened numerous times in important moments of games and it's really aggravating. I understand there will always be issues and unseen bugs in new systems and games, but this is absolutely ridiculous. This isn't just some small bug like the leave league bug. This is a premier game not working on one of the biggest platforms in the world. It makes me wonder if you even tested it before release. Blizzard please fix this because I know so many Mac users that are having the same problem. It has rendered one of my favorite games unplayable and it's unacceptable. If this isn't fixed soon a huge part of your customer base is going to be VERY unhappy. ICE0
Jan 2 Jan 1 Jan 1 Dec 29 Dec 29 Dec 28 Dec 28
FPS drop a lot in Windowed (Fullscreen) mode Hey. The game is running normally in Fullscreen and Windowed modes, but drops FPS significantly in the Windowed (Fullscreen). Game version: latest LotV. The issue didn't occur in HoTs several months ago, at least before the latest updates. Graphics settings: Medium, normal FPS 20-40. Displays: I have an external Thunderbolt monitor, which is my main display, connected to the laptop. The game is running on the monitor. OS: El Capitan 10.11.2. Basic specifications are at http://imgur.com/pdAzgcY. FPS screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/a9HPK. The first image shows Windowed (Fullscreen) mode, the second shows Fullscreen mode, the third shows Windowed mode. Partisan3
Dec 28
No 64-bit Client for OSX? Hello, Patch 3.0.0 says that SC2 now supports 64-bit, but the option is not there in my Mac. There is no 64-bit client for Mac OS X? There is any estimative on when we will see this on mac? The game usually goes to the 3GB limit on my mac, seeing this implemented would be great. Blau7
Dec 28 Dec 27 Dec 27 Dec 26
Can't install - BLZBNTAGT00000327 "We couldn't find data required to install this game. If this happens again, please try installing StarCraft II as a digital download on Battle.net. BLZBNTAGT00000327" I'm now around 5 days of being unable to play Starcraft. On my fully functional SC2 install (which I've been playing all year on this computer), Battle.net noticed an update and tried to automatically install it. The install failed. Battle.net changed the 'Play' button to 'Update'. Click the "update" button, it tries for awhile, then gives the error. Uninstall the game through the Battle.net UI. Reinstall the game through the b.net UI. Before it becomes playable, same error. Uninstall game through b.net. Verify that all the files are actually gone from /Application and user/Library/Application Support. Reboot. Attempt install. B.net throws same error. Uninstall SC2. Attempt reinstall. Same error. Uninstall SC2. Uninstall Battle.net Verify that all the files are actually gone from /Application and myuser/Library/Application Support for SC2 and B.net. Reboot. Attempt to install SC2 from the downloader, which really just installs b.net and automatically kicks off the SC2 install. Same error. WoW, Hearthstone, HotS, Diablo 3, Diablo 3 PTR and SC2 Beta can all be installed and updated just fine. (note: I've uninstalled / deleted / rebooted / verified disk / repaired permissions literally over a dozen times at this point. And this is a Mac, so no I don't have any broken Norton A/V getting in the way) TacticaT10
Dec 25 Dec 24 Dec 24 Dec 23 Dec 23 Dec 22 Dec 19
Can't quit SC2 without "Force quitting" Every time I quit SC2, the game crashes and gives me the "spinning beach ball of death". the ONLY way to get out of the game is to Force Quit it . . . . on a related note, I can't load ANY rated / unrated game . . . . I click the buttons to play, then it spins and spins and never loads the 1v1, 2v2, etc . . . options. Any advice, anyone???? Sutton3
Dec 16
Multiple Mice going crazy with 3.0 This update causes my mouse to jerk and teleport around the screen like crazy on my MBP. Strangely enough, if I put the game into windowed mode it seemed to fix the problem. Something about the retina display? Also this update seems to randomly crash upon starting starcraft, as well as it crashed at a victory screen. All in all, kinda sad. zamzx24
Dec 15
Updating Blizzard launcher seems to be stuck Battle.net just says waiting on anther installation or update. Ngita5
Dec 13
Will not load Matchmaking HOTS will not load the matchmaking menus. I can load the training missions, but the "vs AI", "unranked" and "ranked" menus will not load. I click on them, and then I get the spinning progress wheel. Forever. I played the entire campaign, no problem, and I played matchmaking during the beta (except for when the beta didn't work on macs). Help? I didn't see this issue in any other posts. Running SC2 on OSX 10.7.5, on an older Mac Pro. 2 x 2.66 Dual-Core Xeon, 10GB ram, ATI Radeon X1900 XT. Danish36
Dec 12
Broken in-game models, audio and UI Date of capture: 26/11/2015 I originally posted this in the PC thread (I overlooked the MAC forum the first time). After starting the campaign of Legacy of the Void I've encountered issues regarding in-game models and UI elements not displaying right. Plus some audio issues. Here are the specs of my machine: Operative system: OS X Yosemite v10.10.5 Model: iMac (27 inch, Mid 2011). Processor: 3,1 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB I'm adding some screenshots showing the issues. 1. In-game models not showing properly (Plus a screen square in the mini-map): http://s20.postimg.org/9lygl1v25/game_models_issue.jpg 2. UI problems with the units. http://s20.postimg.org/75wn77czh/UI_issue.jpg 3. UI problems, teleport animation not showing well and blurred Character portrait. http://s20.postimg.org/ni6owxrb1/units_and_portraits_issue.jpg 4. Victory screen not showing properly. http://s20.postimg.org/gg8raqnp9/victory_screen.jpg Plus dialogue of characters doesn't work at all during missions (Sometimes). UPDATE Date of capture: 26/11/2015 After the first mission the issues disappeared ......... until the mission "Templars Return". All the other mission were fine until this point. 5. Templar's Return - UI and in-game models problems. http://s20.postimg.org/3n8pb33p9/Templar_s_Return_01.jpg 6. Templar's Return - UI and in-game models problems. http://s20.postimg.org/h5flndful/Templar_s_Return_02.jpg TheSpectator4
Dec 9 Dec 9 Dec 8